• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gunslinger ruined?

Gunslinger weak now?

• Total voters

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
It seems wierd for me hell's swordmaster to be saying this but, in comparison to DMC 3 the gunslinger style (even with pandora) sucked in this game didn't it?

The guns are alot weaker now, and dodging is harder. All in all they relly killed Ebony&Ivory and gunslinger syle.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I didn't find it to be any different personally, I think after DMC 3 the guns actually needed a serious tone down, I, and I'm sure that others, found that in a lot of respects, they were more powerful than some Devil Arms.

I still find Gunslinger to be extremely useful, the Shotgun's Stinger technique was a new twist that I appreciated, along with the Missile Platform of Pandora, even Omen was stupidly powerful, then you've still got Ebony & Ivory, going strong with Twosome Time, able to fend off quite a large amount of Demons, then mixing that with Honeycomb Fire to finish them off.

Really, DMC4's Gunslinger style was one of the only things I enjoyed about the game, it was intuitive, forced you to think fast if you planned on relying on it and it wasn't too powerful.

evilweevle

im kinda disappointed they took out that move where dante puts his foot on top of the enemy then blasts them with one of his pistols and then kicks them away, and the move where ud ride on top of an enemy across the level

Enigmatic_soldier

Evolve today!
i think it's still the same only that in dmc3 dante has more long range weapons and a few more set of moves wich makes people think that the gunslinger in dmc3 is better than in dmc4 but it's almost the same

Angelo Vergil

Legendary DarkSlayer
Gunslinger in dmc3 sucked imao, it wasn't totally useless and it was also pretty flashy, but compared to the other styles it just was unefficient in most situations.

With the new Changing Style system I use it a lot more, for the simple reason that I can switch style whenever I want, so that's a plus in my book though.

Keaton

Premium
I wouldn't say Gunslinger is ruined...afterall the addition of Pandora is fantastic! But admittedly E+I Charge Shots seem ALOT less potent than they used to (guns in general), and the ability to 'surf' on an enemy while shooting was a fantastic quirk...where did that go? o_O

evilweevle

Keaton;97639 said:
I wouldn't say Gunslinger is ruined...afterall the addition of Pandora is fantastic! But admittedly E+I Charge Shots seem ALOT less potent than they used to (guns in general), and the ability to 'surf' on an enemy while shooting was a fantastic quirk...where did that go? o_O

i got really excited when i saw the cutscene of nero surfing on a scarecrow around the fountain at the start of the game, and thought they might have put it in, but was kinda gutted when i discovered you couldnt do it, how could they have that dropkick move (which hardly ever gets used) and not have enemy surfing?!?

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
evilweevle;97646 said:
i got really excited when i saw the cutscene of nero surfing on a scarecrow around the fountain at the start of the game, and thought they might have put it in, but was kinda gutted when i discovered you couldnt do it.

Thats what I felt like after seeing it :(, I think it would have been awesome being able to do that.
And with the guns to me seemed a bit slow compared to 3 :dry:.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Yhea slowness of the guns was my main issue.

I found that the charge shot was relly dissapointing, and a freind of mine who uses gunslinger complained a little about how the style had changed.

I can't belive how much weaker Ebony&Ivory are in this game, again the charge shot used to be explosive.

With the shotgun Dante must go thru the entire fireing and reloading action(when you see the shells pop out and the gun clicks) before leting you dodge or jump. Charge shot sucked here too.

Pandora was cool, but Kalina ann had a missle swarm too. Didn't even need to charge it.

I don't use the style to often though, so I wanted to ask some real gunslingers.

Swords Rule!!!

Keaton

Premium
^Yeah, tbh I run Lucifer w. Pandora ALOT now, using DarkSlayer or SwordMaster style :D

Gunslinger seems to have lost its competitve edge against the other styles...atleast RoyalGuard has the Dreadnaught O_O

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
I just miss wild stomp... and all the other Crazy Combos:( I still dont understand why the hell they removed them. Damn you capcom.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I never even used Gunslinger in DMC3 except for allowing it to reach max level. Thanks to Pandora in DMC4 it finally has a use for me from time to time.

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
Tony_Redgrave;98484 said:
I never even used Gunslinger in DMC3 except for allowing it to reach max level. Thanks to Pandora in DMC4 it finally has a use for me from time to time.

Same here. It's a different story in dmc 4 though. Now i use it all the time. God bless otf style switch!^_^

SpArAda1127

Rebirth
in dmc3 i used gunslinger and swordmastet ALOT, but now ithink that its better, especially with pandora...its better with the style switc, cause ive created some really crazy combos... i just think that dantes DT looked...strange... i liked neeos though... another thing was that they made dante a little to strong..i was lie on b rank when i killed everyone, but usully when i play i get at least s or ss...but with nero i could get s or ss easily

Top Bottom