• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gone Too Soon: Cartoon Series That Need To Return

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
There's a lot of great cartoons out there, some are unfortunately cut short. What cartoons do you think should make a glorious return with another season?

Please do not include shows that have a definitive ending by their creators. I'll start this off.

INVADER ZIM

-
There's no denying for all who saw Zim, they loved it. This show ventured where no many other Nick shows ventured before, and was unfortunately cut before it could properly finish with quite a few episodes and a TV movie that never made it in to production. Can someone pick this show up again?

YOUNG JUSTICE
YoungJustice-580x300.png

-
It's a no brainer. This series NEEDS to return for a third season. Keep binge watching the seasons on Netflix because it has a serious possible return now!

MY LIFE AS A TEENAGE ROBOT

-
Jenny should come back for a season 4. This series was rather fun.

THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN
4be810bc8314e.jpg

-This was like, the best Spidey series ever. It's such a shame they canned it, I need it to return especially as a massive Spidey fan.

MEGAS XLR
megas_size3.jpg

-YOU. DIG. GIANT ROBOTS. I. DIG. GIANT ROBOTS. CHICKS. DIG. GIANT ROBOTS.

BRING. IT. BACK.

DANNY PHANTOM

-Yo Danny Fento he was just 14, when his parents built this strange machine, that gave him ghost powers and holy sh!t does this show need to come back.

TEEN TITANS
-2732d9da-0143-4bdc-9526-8c7ddd98e02a.jpg

-I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say they should cancel Teen Titans Go, and bring back the original series. We need closure.

THE MODIFYERS

-
This is a cartoon that only got a pilot before it was unfortunately canned, and that's a little unfair because the pilot episode is rather impressive. You can watch it above. The villain was an absolute riot.

Anyway, what shows do you think deserve another shot?

Last edited:

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
Damn. You've probably created more threads today than I have done my entire stay in this forum.

But, since I don't want to drop by just to make a useless observation, whatever the hell happened to that MTV Spiderman show? It had Neil Patrick Harris as the eponymous hero, Mary Jane wasn't a punchable hoe and it was surprisingly mature for a Spiderman flick (with implied sex, decapitation and the occasional blood) yet they only made it past the first season. Thirteen episodes total.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Disney_Gargoyles_logo.png

This is probably my favorite cartoon ever, so seeing more Gargoyles would make me so happy.
I met Greg Weisman, the creator of this amazing show and asked him about the live action film, and a possible return. Unfortunately, he left the film project because the studio was making it difficult so that's in development hell, and a return for the show is unlikely.

I did get his autograph.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
I met Greg Weisman, the creator of this amazing show and asked him about the live action film, and a possible return. Unfortunately, he left the film project because the studio was making it difficult so that's in development hell, and a return for the show is unlikely.

I did get his autograph.
That's awesome, that you met the show creator I mean, not the status of the movie and show. My friend linked me an article about a Gargoyles movie coming soon on Facebook a while ago, turns out it was just a sick April fools joke from the year before. :'(

berto

I Saw the Devil
YOUNG JUSTICE
YoungJustice-580x300.png

-
It's a no brainer. This series NEEDS to return for a third season. Keep binge watching the seasons on Netflix because it has a serious possible return now!
The makers of the show said that there is a possibility of a 3rd season with Netflix and if you want to show your support to keep watching the show on their service over and over. It's not a grantee but it might spark something if there is enough attention.

4be810bc8314e.jpg
-This was like, the best Spidey series ever. It's such a shame they canned it, I need it to return especially as a massive Spidey fan.

I'm sorry to say that we might be well beyond the shelf life for this one. We provably missed our window.

What makes me mad about this one is that I never got to see until after it was dead and buried. If I remember right the channels didn't make a big enough push for the show and they should have. It was a rather outstanding version of Spdr-Mn.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
INVADER ZIM

-
There's no denying for all who saw Zim, they loved it. This show ventured where no many other Nick shows ventured before, and was unfortunately cut before it could properly finish with quite a few episodes and a TV movie that never made it in to production. Can someone pick this show up again?

TEEN TITANS
-2732d9da-0143-4bdc-9526-8c7ddd98e02a.jpg

-I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say they should cancel Teen Titans Go, and bring back the original series. We need closure.

All the this. <3

Reactions: Jak

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Batman_Beyond_soundtrack.png
Still my favorite branch of the DCAU, and it has been woefully ignored by both DC's latter-day live-action and animated divisions for years. It's even more saddening when there's literally an entire comic series that takes place directly after the show's ending in the form of Batman Beyond 2.0, so all one would need to do would to make an animated show after the already-existing material. It's been almost 25 years...bring back the Tomorrow Knight!

leo_sword_blank_eye.jpg
Remember that ThunderCats revival series that aired in 2011? You know, the one animated by Studio 4C, the people that animated Justice League Flashpoint and the god-tier Berserk: Golden Age Arc Movie Trilogy??? The one that added compelling origins and sophisticated lore to a franchise so laughably-stupid on paper, with names like "Thundera", "Plundarr", and "Cheetara"? This show was wildly-underrated when it came out, and on top of everything else, ENDED ON A GODDAMN CLIFF-HANGER. No second season, no plot closure, nothing.

Warner Bros: I know people hate you for the cancellation of Young Justice, the botching of Batman v. Superman, but if you want me to stop repeatedly making sacrificial effigies of all your staff, bring back this series.
spawn-animated-series.png
If I need to explain why Spawn deserves an animated comeback...there's something incredibly lacking about your list of watched shows, namely the terminally-badass Spawn HBO series from the late 90's. Yes, Todd McFarlane has promised countless times that he'll revive the series someday, with Keith David's womb-rending vocals as Spawn to boot...

...but I'll believe it when I see it. Hurry it up, Todd...time's a wasting.

gargoyles-cosplay-stone-cold-stunning-demona-and-goliath-video.jpg
Here's where I raise my pint of ale and salute my fellow forum members for sharing such blissful taste in animated epics, but where I and the rest of you differ is just how far our love for Gargoyles go. Do you want to know how much I love this series?

I have exercised my last strand of sanity in Internet arguments over who is the best character in the series. I traveled upstate for four days so I could meet Marina Sirtis, the voice actress for Demona, and have her autograph my Season 2 DVD.
I went to France. To physically stand. Next to the Rodin statue that inspired Goliath's dormant pose.

Gargoyles isn't my favorite cartoon...it's my favorite show period, and I would sell every one of my vital organs just to see this series revived with the entire cast. My only terror is that a change of creative influence will result in something like that God-AWFUL third season that was the result of Disney handing the series to ABC.

So either this series is brought back with the dignity and nuance it deserves, or I close my mental canon width of this show with Season 2 (which was a HUGE arc of the show, so I'm fine with that).

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
not to be a wet blanket here...but a lot of the shows you guys are naming got proper endings...just sayin

but yeah, i echo invader zim. great show. it has a continuation comic right now, and it's really cool

same with literally ANYTHING greg weisman touches. brilliant man, who makes great content. i wasn't a huge fan of young justice, but i get the appeal. that was one that was gone way too soon much like spectacular spider-man, and gargoyles

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'd love to see Gargoyles come back... I know it had an ending and so it's "disqualified" but dammit I wanna see more of Brooklyn.

WolfOD64

not to be a wet blanket here...but a lot of the shows you guys are naming got proper endings...just sayin
A show can continue in spite of ending on whatever note it wishes. Samurai Jack technically "ended" on some kind of note many years back, and the creators are still committed to bring the series back for a fifth season this year, continuing Jack's saga.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
A show can continue in spite of ending on whatever note it wishes. Samurai Jack technically "ended" on some kind of note many years back, and the creators are still committed to bring the series back for a fifth season this year, continuing Jack's saga.
the thing about a show like "samurai jack" is that the ending was forced. so even though it's a sufficient ending, it's not the high note everybody wanted it to go out on. imo, that's a bit different from a show like "spectacular spider-man" or "young justice" where the show was left on a cliffhanger.
but then there's "teen titans" which had like 3 endings. that show gave us more closure than we really required. same with danny phantom. that's one of the very few shows that had the PERFECT ending, and knew when to let it be. batman beyond, even while cancelled, had 2 endings. "return of the joker" works as a perfect book end to the show, and the season 2 finale of JL is the canon ending to that story.
but i see where you're coming from.

WolfOD64

the thing about a show like "samurai jack" is that the ending was forced. so even though it's a sufficient ending, it's not the high note everybody wanted it to go out on. imo, that's a bit different from a show like "spectacular spider-man" or "young justice" where the show was left on a cliffhanger.
but then there's "teen titans" which had like 3 endings. that show gave us more closure than we really required. same with danny phantom. that's one of the very few shows that had the PERFECT ending, and knew when to let it be. batman beyond, even while cancelled, had 2 endings. "return of the joker" works as a perfect book end to the show, and the season 2 finale of JL is the canon ending to that story.
but i see where you're coming from.
Well, to be fair, I thought you were really referring to most of the shows I mentioned. I actually don't have a lot of experience with Young Justice, or ANY with Spectacular Spider-Man, or really any Spidey show after the '94 one.

And as for Batman Beyond, well, I mentioned how there's an entire comic series dedicated for everything after Return of the Joker, and how it could be easily animated into some kind of series.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
but then there's "teen titans" which had like 3 endings. that show gave us more closure than we really required.

There wasn't really an ending, though. The last season ended way open and just kinda...terrible.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
There wasn't really an ending, though. The last season ended way open and just kinda...terrible.
well...there was the finale where all the teen heroes beat up the brotherhood of evil, then there was the episode where terra came back to life and told beast boy to move on with his life (which, if that's the one you're talking about being left too open...the...yeah, i see your point), and then we got trouble in tokyo which was apparently supposed to be the definitive ending to the show. and on top of that, there was a tie-in comic that ran for a pretty long period of time that took place after trouble in tokyo...that's more than most shows get, shades. that's more closure than my parents gave me when they kicked me out 2 weeks before i started UNI

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
well...there was the finale where all the teen heroes beat up the brotherhood of evil, then there was the episode where terra came back to life and told beast boy to move on with his life (which, if that's the one you're talking about being left too open...the...yeah, i see your point), and then we got trouble in tokyo which was apparently supposed to be the definitive ending to the show. and on top of that, there was a tie-in comic that ran for a pretty long period of time that took place after trouble in tokyo...that's more than most shows get, shades. that's more closure than my parents gave me when they kicked me out 2 weeks before i started UNI

Meant the one with Terra, which...honestly should have either been earlier in the season or just not in the show at all. :/ Cuz having that as the season finale was...weird. -doesn't understand what they were going for with that- The beating up the Brotherhood of Evil would have been a good ending (though I'll never say no to more of a series I like). Fair point.
Jak...spud-buddy...that's terrible.... -huglz-

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
^ I remember seeing the Brotherhood of Evil ending and being super excited by it when I watched it as a kid, that's my favorite of the possible endings

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Jak...spud-buddy...that's terrible.... -huglz-
it's cool. it wasn't a VIOLENT thing. it was more of a passive aggressive "okay, so like...you're 18 now...so like...if you could...? please...?" granted i did very well in my first year, but school cost a bit more than the blood of a virgin, so i had to come back home. they're cool with it...i think. :unsure:

here's a show that was gone WAY too soon

also symbionic titan
again. the greg wiesman curse

Last edited:
Top Bottom