• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

God of War Better than DMC?!

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I was going over some old magazines and found an interview with a creator of God of War, and he said that GOW is better than DMC.
It peeved me off because GOW is the same premise as DMC (well, with the orbs). Except didn't Dante come first?
The creator thinks that DMC fans don't get their money's worth out of the game. And apparently the combat is better in GOW. He also decribes GOW a 'rollercoaster ride'.

When i beat Mundus, that was a thrill. It was also the same when i beat Arkham, and you have Vergil fighting with you.
It was great to see Vergil and Dante's 'JACKPOT' scene
I have got more joy out of the money i paid for DMC3 AND Special Edition new than the £10 i spent pre-owned of GOW2

(Sorry about the rant guys)

So... What do you think.
Would you send this baffoon to the underworld to be dealt with by Mundus? Or in some ways do you agree with him?

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
LoL

The creator of GOW, who cares about what he thinks?

Honestly I don't think that anything about GOW makes it better than DMC.

He is extreamly full of himself, that is all.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Black Angel;182139 said:
LoL

The creator of GOW, who cares about what he thinks?

Honestly I don't think that anything about GOW makes it better than DMC.

He is extreamly full of himself, that is all.

This, the overzealous burke, who cares what he thinks of Devil May Cry?

GoW is is basically a much less enjoyable reskin of DMC anyway, Mr. Dante came first, and I've never liked God of War to begin with, I treid 1 and 2, rented them, played them, took them back the next day, and I'd like my £3.50 back for each of those, those are the games I didn't get my money's worth out of, not Devil May Cry, I'd spend that £30 on DMC3 again and again.

EDIT: I just realised, that £3.50 could have bought me a decent cup of coffee and a strawberry cornetto on a hot summer's day, so, David Jaffe and Cory Barlog, could you mail them to me please? Preferably in a flask and icebox respectively.

Keaton

Premium
I love God of War Chains of Olympus because its a solid portable action brawler game. But better than DMC? Heck no, Kratos has the character appeal of an angry potato and it seems the games makers are so confident in their own product that they need to put boobs in every game.

Nah, God of War was fun but the four hours I spend beating CoO, is nothing compared to the 100+ hours on DMC3, DMC3 SE and DMC4 each! :D

aka958

Don't trust people
^ haven't tried it but the title and the bald angry character explains pretty much.
I search for games with a great story and that character looks like a barbarian and the title explains that it will ofc be lots of fighting... But a story with only fighting?
That is what i think of the game.
But DMC gave me with every mission had at least 1 cutscene and it had story that i really liked. So they maybe said that the game was only better in fighting... DMC has it's downparts about the fighting and maybe the god of war has better fighting. But if god of war has better fighting then what's the point in going into a slaughter with no meaning?

DMC is better... But i haven't played God of war.

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
*shrug* Different people are going to have different opinions on things. I like Silent Hill more than Resident Evil, for example, and I'm pretty sure that there are many people who feel the opposite.

That said, I didn't really like God of War all that much. There was a thread of misogyny running through it that made me very uncomfortable, plus I felt that the combat system could have used some more work (button mashing FTL).

Top Bottom