• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General Manga/Anime Discussion Thread

Tawsie

Give Me More...
I know I can't be the only Manga/Anime fan on the board, so this can be a place to discuss all the latest manga and anime news. Also, you can recommend other animes/mangas for people to give a try.

I don't watch much anime but I read a lot of manga. I'm currently fixated with 20th Century Boys and Monster. I highly recommend them. I finished them both and Naoki Urasawa is a genius. His art style may seem old but it accompanies well with his masterful story telling and suspenseful twists. He also wrote and recorded a song to be released with the 11th volume of 20th Century Boys. Its called "Bob Lennon" and its alright. Oh, I forgot to mention that both are done. Give them a look if you have any spare time.

I'm also keeping up to date with;
Naruto
One Piece
Bleach
Rosario+Vampire
Full Metal Alchemist
Gantz
Blazer Drive
Monster Hunter Orage
Fairy Tail
Death Note
Dragonball Z

I think I read some more but I can't remember.

Okay, discuss!

Recommendations

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
I can't believe Tenjou Tenge isn't on your list bro that manga is so bad@ss.
Bleach, Gantz and Naruto are also my favs^^.

Keaton

Premium
Nice thread :D

I've read all of Death Note (to name one series of many), but I am starting to get into Bleach :D
(gotta love the possessed Teddy Kon) =p

Tawsie

Give Me More...
VirAlkiNG;90926 said:
I can't believe Tenjou Tenge isn't on your list bro that manga is so bad@ss.
Bleach, Gantz and Naruto are also my favs^^.

What is Tenjou Tenge?

Viralking, have you watched Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann?
I thought you liked Bleach because of the quote in your sig.

Did anyone get the new Naruto or Bleach chapter?

Bleach is really good for character development, I really like that about Bleach. Also Kubo knows how to draw the perfect action scenes.

Gantz is good but the Bi-weekly schedule isn't, the computer effect really makes the manga realistic. A big point is that it has lots of death. Its a Mature for anyone wondering about starting to read it. So there are scenes of graphic gore and a sexual nature.

Does anyone associate a song with a manga? Like when you are reading it you will think of the song and when you listen to the song you will think of the manga. I do, I have done it with 4 songs.
The Kill - 30 Seconds to Mars (Monster)
20th Century Boy - T-Rex
Shall Never Surrender - Devil May Cry 4 Special OST Track 15 [1.50-4.06]
Bob Lennon - Endou Kenji (All for 20th Century Boys)

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
Tawsie;90985 said:
What is Tenjou Tenge?

Viralking, have you watched Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann?
I thought you liked Bleach because of the quote in your sig.

Did anyone get the new Naruto or Bleach chapter?

Bleach is really good for character development, I really like that about Bleach. Also Kubo knows how to draw the perfect action scenes.

Gantz is good but the Bi-weekly schedule isn't, the computer effect really makes the manga realistic. A big point is that it has lots of death. Its a Mature for anyone wondering about starting to read it. So there are scenes of graphic gore and a sexual nature.

Yeah that is one of my favorite quotes. Bleach is my No.1 fav manga of all time and because of the way Kubo handles character development in Bleach it adds on to why I love it so much. He can create a damn good action scene too. Tenjou Tenge is my No.2 and its about a group of students at a high school (Todo Academy) kicking a$$. Obviously the plot goes much deeper but I'm too lazy to explain>_<. Gantz is my No.3 fav manga. I love Gantz so much because it is totally uncut and has plenty of mature content like Tenjou Tenge and the action is intense. Tenjou Tenge and Gantz also have an amazing art style in the manga.

And for the Bleach chapter -102, it was totally awesome to see Kenseis hollow form. As for Naruto chapter 400, it is totally f'ed up the way they did Itachi and plus Sasuke got revenge for nothing. Feel so bad for Itachi and Sasuke:(.

Tawsie

Give Me More...
Ah, you should spoiler that information about the chapter. Most of them were great, One Piece chapter this week was alright, Zoro still the bad@ss.

Tawsie

Give Me More...
Probably a really pointless thing to do but I am going to put a bit in the first post that has links to trailers, AMVs and clips as a recommendation bit, in a spoiler tag of course.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
I love Bleach. I have watched almost all the anime and are re watching it now in good quality on my 40'' television. :D Much better than youtube. ^^

Janny

Dines with dementia
I hope I'm not alone when I say that I prefer the Bleach manga over the anime... Other than Bleach and Death Note, I've seen a few episodes of Ergo Proxy. It's pretty interesting so far, but damn abstract and confusing...

Tawsie

Give Me More...
Janny;91194 said:
I hope I'm not alone when I say that I prefer the Bleach manga over the anime...

Don't worry, your not. I prefer most manga over anime, I like to see how the mangaka wanted his work to be seen.

Devil Hunter 95

Supreme Trickster
D.N.Angel is about a 14 year old boy who happens to be able to transfrom into the Winged Thief: Dark and he only transforms when he sees the love of his life and he steals magic artifacts while avoiding police and a Winged Cop Kraz. but so far its good.

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
Tawsie;91299 said:
Just as a curious wonder, has anyone watched/read DBZ?

Hell yes! DBZ IMO is one of the best anime ever made and it is defiantly a fav. I have watched the series so many times I've lost count lol. That show is way too bad a$$. So much action and the video games to this day are still so fun. I was hoping that they would come out with a new series after GT, but *sigh* Akira Toriyama was done.*long sigh*

Top Bottom