• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General Manga/Anime Discussion Thread

Tawsie

Give Me More...
Akira Toriyama was done after DBZ, Toei Animation made GT. Toriyama actually wanted to stop at the Freeza saga but his publisher wouldn't allow it. There is supposedly a new OAV coming out to mark something for Shonen Jump. I'm not too sure. You getting Burst Limit?

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
Tawsie;91315 said:
Akira Toriyama was done after DBZ, Toei Animation made GT. Toriyama actually wanted to stop at the Freeza saga but his publisher wouldn't allow it. There is supposedly a new OAV coming out to mark something for Shonen Jump. I'm not too sure. You getting Burst Limit?

Damn I'm an Uber Dragonball fan and I didn't know all that. I guess that makes me less of a fan than I thought lol. Yeah I don't think so. I liked the demo, but I prefer Tenkaichi. Besides I'm going to be way to focused on Ninja Gaiden 2 and Soul Calibur 4 this summer;).

Tawsie

Give Me More...
Its been two days so this isn't double posting, right?
Anyway, I need a new manga series to pick up. Suggestions?

Curse

Cursed Girl
bah i'm too lazy to read manga >_>
red a phew tho and currently reading berserk ^^
and for dbz yea i've seen all of the series from db to db gt :]

so are you guys excitrd about the new slayers season? ^^ man i can't believe that they rly took that old awesome thing from the grave and made smth shiny and new! today was the first ep released, can't wait for subs :3

and as for one piece, i heard it's a rly funny manga and worth while

Tawsie

Give Me More...
Slayer? I haven't heard of it. Is it any good?
You should read Monster and 20th Century Boys, oh and Pluto, pretty random as a suggestion but they are the best mangas I have ever read and they are all by the same guy. Naoki Urasawa is an amazing mangaka.

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
I read more manga than watch anime, mostly because manga is cheaper. My collection currently consists of the first six volumes of Bleach, the first three of Claymore, the first of Yami no Matsuei, three volumes of Gundam Wing that I have had for several years, both DMC3 manga, the first eight of Hellsing, the first volume of Chobits, and the first 6 of xxxHOLIC. xxxHOLIC is my favorite so far, because Yuuko is made of awesome. Drunk, insane awesome.

EmotionsUntold

Unloved Someone
Hmmmm...

Watched and Watching:

Vampire Knight
DNAngel
Chrono Crusade
Death Note
Bleach
Full Metal Alchemist
Devil May Cry
Fruits Basket
Code Geass
Shugo Chara!
Blood+
Trinity Blood
Inuyasha
Hellsing

Read and Reading:

DNAngel
Death Note
Vampire Knight
Fruits Basket
Kingdom Hearts
Shugo Chara!
Free Collars Kingdom
Card Captor Sakura
Angelic Layer

I might have forgotten some X3

Tawsie

Give Me More...
Bad Wolf;101263 said:
I read more manga than watch anime, mostly because manga is cheaper. My collection currently consists of the first six volumes of Bleach, the first three of Claymore, the first of Yami no Matsuei, three volumes of Gundam Wing that I have had for several years, both DMC3 manga, the first eight of Hellsing, the first volume of Chobits, and the first 6 of xxxHOLIC. xxxHOLIC is my favorite so far, because Yuuko is made of awesome. Drunk, insane awesome.

Over here manga is 5.99 pounds per volume when an anime DVD with 4 episodes on it is 14 pounds, so it is the same over here.
Ah, I have;
Dragonball Volumes 1-16
Dragonball Z Volumes 1-11 and 26
Bleach Volumes 1-12
Naruto Volumes 1-4, 6, 8, 9, 17
One Piece Volumes 1-6, 8-10 and 12-13
Death Note Volumes 1-12
Shaman King Volume 1
Naoki Urasawa's Monster Volume 1
Claymore Volumes 1-2

My favorite DBZ episode is the one where Goku goes Super Saiyan, episode 80 I think.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Here is the anime i watch/like
Devil May cry (of course)
Girl's High
Sorcerer Hunters
Legend of Himiko
The Rose of Versailles (Lady Oscar) *a old obscure one. won't be surprised if you guys have never heard of it.*
Blood +

Mangas I read
DMC duh
sorcerer hunters
happy mania
fruits basket
princess ai
drama con
chibi vampire

Stylish Nereezy

the lone soul reaper
i got every
dragonball,(Z),(Gt) anime ever(with the movies),
yu yu hakusho,
full metal alchemist,
street fighter iiv,
devil my cry,

a whole bunch of random anime movies too and i have to watch bleach every week

Tawsie

Give Me More...
vergistar;103013 said:
I have all DBZ movies and episodes. Dragon Ball AF is just a fan made episode manga book.

Yeah, AF is fan made. Did you know that there will be a new Dragonball Z movie being released in winter? It will be for Shonen Jump's 40th anniversary, also a Bleach, Naruto, Gintama, Blue Dragon and D-Gray Man special are also being released at the same time. Toriyama has already released 20 pieces of new DBZ works, they look really good.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
My all time fav animes are Devil May Cry and The rose of Versailles (Lady Oscar)
my fav anime movies are Howl's moving castle, and final fantasy advent children

Tawsie

Give Me More...
Trish67;103631 said:
My all time fav animes are Devil May Cry and The rose of Versailles (Lady Oscar)
my fav anime movies are Howl's moving castle, and final fantasy advent children

I saw the Devil May Cry anime and I didn't really think too much of it. I watched it because of the name Devil May Cry but the first 10 (or some number close to that) were just about Dante acting cool, I could have watched them in any order and not missed out on a thing. The last two were all right, the main boss even forcing Dante to go Devil Trigger. Over all, I found it disappointing.

Final Fantasy Advent Children, however, was very good in my opinion. I was waiting for this because, again, of the name Final Fantasy 7. I enjoyed it thoroughly, the sound track was great, the fight sequences were good and the story wasn't that hard too follow, a non-FF7 player could have watched that movie and understood it for the most part. A History of FFVII comes with the DVD anyway, so you can't go far wrong. I also liked the little details, one in particular was about Cloud. When he was swinging the Buster Sword (its not really but I like to think of it as it) you seen his arms bulge up and veins appear, but when he picked up Denzel, they never. Maybe I am weird but that was pretty cool to me.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Ah I tend to watch more Anime than read Manga, I quite happily sat through the entire FMA episode listing in two days, then the movie the next, god I loved that series.

I suppose I don't really dip into Anime/Manga as much as I should, FMA really hooked me in, DBZ did as well, enough to make me watch some of the others, such as Dragonball GT, care to suggest any decent Anime?

Top Bottom