• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General Gaming News

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021

Bloomberg: Sony’s Obsession With Blockbusters Is Stirring Unrest Within PlayStation Empire

Michael Mumbauer, who founded the Visual Arts Service Group in 2007, recruited a group of about 30 developers, internally and from neighboring game studios, to form a new development unit within Sony. The idea was to expand upon some of the company’s most successful franchises and the team began working on a remake of the 2013 hit The Last of Us for the PlayStation 5. But Sony never fully acknowledged the team’s existence or gave them the funding and support needed to succeed in the highly competitive video game market, according to people involved. The studio never even got its own name. Instead, Sony moved ownership of the The Last of Us remake to its original creator, Naughty Dog, a Sony-owned studio behind many of the company’s best-selling games and an HBO television series in development.

H-HELLO...?

Sony: Let's remake a barely-10-year-old game that had its HD Remaster for the PS4, literally one generation ago.
Someone else: But what about Jak and Daxter fans?
Sony: Who?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
They are sitting on a gold mine, my man.

:(.

We would even settle for a remake of the Last Frontier. That's the Jak game everyone hates and it came out last.
Honestly, devoting time to remaking games that people don't like, in an endeavor to make them better, would certainly work well instead of relying constantly on nostalgia bait. It's amazing how quickly video games as a medium descended into the same pitfalls as its elder brothers, filmmaking and comic books.

Then again, "remake a bad [thing]" is how we got two terrible Dark Phoenix movies, so...

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020

Bloomberg: Sony’s Obsession With Blockbusters Is Stirring Unrest Within PlayStation Empire

H-HELLO...?

Sony: Let's remake a barely-10-year-old game that had its HD Remaster for the PS4, literally one generation ago.
Someone else: But what about Jak and Daxter fans?
Sony: Who?
Jim Ryan was a bad promotion. He's hurting the brand, but I think these mistakes are meant to mitigate the stock issues. I have a feeling that we'll have to deal with Ryan for a few years before Sony axes him. Happened during PS3.

Then they hired Butler. ;)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I grabbed one of the last few copies last weekend at one of my local Best Buys. I mainly got it for 64 & Galaxy. I still own the original Galaxy and Sunshine and their respective consoles.

STREETS! OF! RAAAAGGGGGEEEEEE!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

:(
It's the 20th anniversary guys. It would've been great to have something new. Atleast remake of the Last Frontier. You could give Jak and Daxter a better swan song.

I'm open to a different developer making a game or remaking it FF7R style. Another Remaster isn't interesting without something new.

Come on Sony it's easy goodwill.....:(

Last edited:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021

:(
It's the 20th anniversary guys. It would've been great to have something new. Atleast remake of the Last Frontier. You could give Jak and Daxter a better swan song.

I'm open to a different developer making a game or remaking it FF7R style. Another Remaster isn't interesting without something new.

Come on Sony it's easy goodwill.....:(
"Why settle for Easy Goodwill when we can go for Easy Money with overpriced games and in-game transactions?"

-- Sony, probably.

Edit: honestly I'm even more upset reading that than I was when I didn't.

“We’ve had a couple of Twitter campaigns where people have been tweeting us every single day [saying] ‘I want a new Jak & Daxter, I want a new Jak & Daxter’, and they aren’t just simple 280-character tweets, they have Photoshopped memes and everything they’re including on a daily basis, and the effort has got to be significant,” Well said.

“And I hate to break it to them, [but] we do not have Jak & Daxter here in development right now.”

“But we still love the characters and I see what you guys [at Insomniac] are doing with Ratchet and that makes me wish that we did, and we would have one in development, because there’s still a lot of love for Jak & Daxter in the studio.”

H-hello? My guy, you are President of Naughty Dog. Just drop trou and dickslap the guy next to you that isn't helping you make Jak and Daxter and is instead wasting precious manpower to remake a barely-decade-old property into his pet project just because he's in with the "big dogs" at HBO and thinks he can do the next Game of Thrones.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Kasumi and Ayane need a spinoff.

Just ressurect this idea and complete it. ;).

@Morgan years ago Naughty Dog express regret over how the Last Frontier turned out. So they should remake that game and make it a better swan song.

Plus its easier to start from something than nothing. Keep the broad strokes and skew a bit older.

Jak has more in common with Joel than he does Crash. So use that to incentive the crew.

Having Jak be a kid appeal character again would be a mistake. They should aim for the T rated audience and maybe M.

Maybe.

A reboot for a younger audience is acceptable.

Sorry if it feels like I'm repeating myself.

Last edited:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
years ago Naughty Dog express regret over how the Last Frontier turned out. So they should remake that game and make it a better swan song.

Plus its easier to start from something than nothing. Keep the broad strokes and skew a bit older.

Jak has more in common with Joel than he does Crash. So use that to incentive the crew.

Having Jak be a kid appeal character again would be a mistake. They should aim for the T rated audience and maybe M.

Maybe.

A reboot for a younger audience is acceptable.

Sorry if it feels like I'm repeating myself.
It doesn't sound like you're repeating yourself too much, but that being said, I am entertaining the possibility of you getting "Jak and Daxter Fan" as a fancy lil badge underneath your screenname.
:whistle:
Not for any particular reason, or anything.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
You know, because I love this franchise so much I'll even double dip for the games even though I already bought and played them in JPN on the 3DS. :sneaky:

Top Bottom