• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC5 Brainstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Also guys, I'm thinking of simplifying the story and just bring the war between Angels & Demons to earth - the brothers (Arch & Underworld Lord) spilling their war onto the earth realm with Dante & Nero smack bang in the middle. You would still have heavenly & hellish levels but kind of like DMC! how you just tasted the hell realm. It will be the same with the Angel realm. Have Dante go off to battle the Angel forces (evil ones anyway, not the peacekeepers) and Nero go to finish hells forces. I don't know... I really can't settle on a story - HELP!!! :D

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Τhat's fine.Granted Dante defeats the Underworld Lord before going off.And Nero smacks some angels while deafeting the sons.That's fine.Though Dante's end is kind of hard to choose.Become evil or let his fate float for the next game?We should just...well sit and think about it a little.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I liked the story before... I don't wanna seem like a stickler, but I REALLY liked it before. Can you please leave it?

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Do you mean keep with Dante's acension and everything... Put down all the plot ideas you would like to keep and I will get brainstorming lol

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqNwB7nK6qc
Look at the attack Bayonetta uses at :30.... This will be SIMILAR
to Rebellious Hurricane. Dante will stand with both feet together
with his arms outstretched holding Rebellion with both hands. He
will then spin like a MF!!! The range will increase like this attack
you can see with red demonic energy pulsing off the spinning sword.
CRAZINESS!!! LOL hope you like!!!

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
DEVIL MAY CRY 5
DANTE

Six yeas after the events of DMC4 & having spent a whole year
in hell, constantly battling hordes of demons, Dante's power is
nearly immeasurable, his time in hell deepening his connection
with his demon side more than ever. Devils fear the very mention
of his name, his legend quickly becoming even greater than his
father, Sparda. However, Dante will face a whole new threat from
a source he never expected - the holy Angels of heaven. Now Dante
must face not only the most vile of demons but ascend the heavens
for the ultimate showdown with a being of legend who's power eclipses
that of anything Dante has faced before - The Archangel King, the host
of heaven himself. While battling against greater and greater odds, Dante
must also battle the ever growing demon inside him as his own power grows,
as well as revelations about his past haunting him and his closest friends
being put in grave danger. One thing is for certain, this will be a mission
to remember for the ages...

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Nice prologue.Keep it up.I think that a good 10 stages of Dante's first story should cover his time in hell all these years and then from 11 till 20 should be about his face-off with...the final boss of this story.And his escape.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Well Dante's escape from hell (as in DMC2) will be a Prologue level. You will face a lot of weak enemies, facing a sub-boss at the end and newbies can learn the gameplay while veterans can play around with a much more powerful Dante. I imagine as you run towards the surface, it will be VERY fiery and hellish, like inside a volcano. You would then escape and it would close off the DMC2 storyline, you first reunite with Lucia then bid her farewell as she returns to her clan. Also, Trish & Lady welcome Dante back and everything blah blah blah. It then cuts to roughly six months later where the main game storyline will begin. I want to feature Trish & Lady more heavily in this game and their relationship with Dante. Now perhaps the first 5-8 levels are on earth and cross slightly into the demon realm. the last 12-15 levels will be Dante's Ascension. Also, the levels will be quite a lot bigger than previous games... Hope you like :D Oh, and as I have stated before, Dante's eyes will now be a very eerie, red/orange demonic color, due to his ever growing demon powers. Plus I am going to have a little Bayonetta cameo, not huge or anything, but I am going to introduce Enzo into the storyline and have her in one scene where her and Dante play fight in a VERY flirty way. I imagine after his time in hell, Dante gives himself a short holiday and will seek out his old buddy Enzo and get PLASTERED LOL I can see Dante entering the "Gates of Hell" bar to find Enzo and the bartender, Rodin, hates Dante as he is a demon killer while a demon himself. He refuses Dante service but Dante pulls out Ebony so Rodin serves him, knowing full well Dante could obliterate him. In the bar are Bayonetta & Jeanne who, after Dante is a "little tipsy" comes on to. They playfully fight him, fed up with him and he mucks around, showing them how strong he really is. I imagine Bayonetta would be quite hot under the collar after facing an opponent obviously stronger than her and her "sister"... Just some comedy before the serious stuff happens :D

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nice, but as DB said, "OMG IDEA TIME!" Maybe Dante should be showing more demonic traits besides the eyes, such as claws, fangs, maybe even wings. That would ostracize him from a lot of people, and cause him a great deal of stress. Like, his friends like Nero, Trish, Lady, Lucia, they all are still there for him, but society shuns him. And yes, I said Lucia. I WANT HER BACK, DAMMIT! Just change the VA, please...

EDIT: Dude, check out this pic. I know it's a collage, but look at the fourth one. Would that work as like, a DT or something? With some tweaking, it could work... Here's the link. If one of those looks better to you, just let me know.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1857779/

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
I dont like the ideas of other features (fangs, teeth etc) I just think it would change Dante too much... Just the eyes would be enough IMHO... People would easily tell something isn't right when you see demon eyes LOL but I also want to have him slightly more brutal in his mannerisms and fighting style, like he is still very layed back like normal but he snaps quicker and gets REALLY pi$$ed off! I say maybe the one who notices it most is Trish and she confronts him about it... forcing him to face his growing demons! Also, if there was modifications, many elements of that pic could make a kool DT!

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
You REALLY want Lucia back don't you lol... I guess with a good voice actor and not acting like such a dooch, she could be pretty kool... she is, after all, half demon. OK, stuff it, I'll add her to my story!!! LOL

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You liked the DT idea? Alright, but if it's gonna stay, I think some things should stay the same, like his face and the wings... The tail can go. IMO, I'm not too keen on his tail. You know... I wonder if you'd be able to redraw it. Not saying you HAVE to, but it'd be nice.

BTW, thanks for letting Lucia come in. Here's what I'm thinking... You know Lucia's ending, where she hears a motorcycle come up to DMC? I think the man on the motorcycle should be Nero, looking for Dante. Then, when Lucia says that Dante's gone in hell, Nero tries to get to hell to help Dante. By the time he gets there, Dante has become feared by all of hell. How does that sound?

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
I LOVE that idea... almost like hell wants Dante gone because he's killing too many of their forces!!! And that would be nice, just as Nero rocks up on his moto, a portal opens and BAM, a very battle hardened Dante is back in the human world. Very Nice.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
DreadnoughtDT;198712 said:
You liked the DT idea? Alright, but if it's gonna stay, I think some things should stay the same, like his face and the wings... The tail can go. IMO, I'm not too keen on his tail. You know... I wonder if you'd be able to redraw it. Not saying you HAVE to, but it'd be nice.

BTW, thanks for letting Lucia come in. Here's what I'm thinking... You know Lucia's ending, where she hears a motorcycle come up to DMC? I think the man on the motorcycle should be Nero, looking for Dante. Then, when Lucia says that Dante's gone in hell, Nero tries to get to hell to help Dante. By the time he gets there, Dante has become feared by all of hell. How does that sound?

It sounds like this.

Dante is a protagonist working alongside Nero. Nero’s whereabouts during Devil May Cry 2 are yet unknown, but he has returned to Devil May Cry to help find out where Dante is. Nero is informed by Lucia that Dante fought inside the Underworld, but got himself trapped there. With no hope of breaking free, Dante needs someone to enter and free him. Nero easily accepts the challenge handed to him, and leaves Kyrie behind to stay with a friend. Kyrie stays behind, but Nero can’t help but fear about her safety. Still; duty calls, and Nero rides his bike over to the place in which Dante himself entered at the end of Devil May Cry 2.

Parking outside, Nero looks around to notice the place sealed up. He draws closer, and the Devil Bringer starts to shine. Nero looks at the Devil Bringer, adding a “Huh!… Now ain’t that odd?”… He moves further to the sealed Hell Gate, and smashes it with the Devil Bringer. The gate suddenly lights, and swirls of blue surround it. The blue continues to spin around the gate, until it flies off from the gate and the blue light lands some distance behind Nero.

Nero turns his head around slowly, and the blue light starts to take the form of a human. Nero battles the creature, until finally winning the battle and putting Red Queen to the creature’s neck.

The creature merely looks up and stares at Nero’s arm.

“I knew it wouldn’t be long before a son of Sparda came.” the creature says… Nero looks like “Wtf!” and the creature returns to blue light and vanishes. The Hell Gate is opened, and Nero steps inside.

Hi, I just entered in here, and can I please just say something right off from the top of my head? Where is our structure? Okay, so what are we doing here? Ultimately, it's just a bunch of fans saying things and stating what cool names will go well with this and that. We can sit here and discuss all the other Devil May Cry games all night. What made them epic, what made them memorable. But the thing is, why don't we just cut to the chase?

We all want to see something epic in our eyes. Why don't we go through all the ideas that we all agreed we liked, and then list them all down. Expand on them slowly, make some dialogue, throw in moves, gameplay style, areas and story, and build a structure.

If you want to carry on saying endless things, go ahead. But if you want to be with me, we'll expand this, and make it that epic thing we all desire.

And btw, if you guys aren't fully convinced that I can cut it here, then please read this.

http://forums.devilmaycry.org/showthread.php?t=8765

It died because so did my inspiration. If you geniuses can rekindle it, then we can mould something into shape from everything we have, and there is our structure.

Who's in?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't know... We already had a pretty solid storyline going... SD, what do you think? I'm not too keen on this idea...

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
well thats why i opened this as a "General Brainstorm" thread... it's just to add lots of ideas together. When I decide on a solid storyline and want to go into more detail like SpardaTM did, I will open a new thread for story, dialogue... all that stuff.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
DreadnoughtDT;198720 said:
I don't know... We already had a pretty solid storyline going... SD, what do you think? I'm not too keen on this idea...

Excuse me, please. I was never asking to take control here. I never asked either to make my storyline the dominant one. I was planning on expansion. Using our four minds, our different ideas, and bringing them together. To sum up, I was simply using my old work as a basis to rekindle my inspiration in this new work here. I was never asking to expand what I had before. But for you to look at it, take elements you like, combine them with your own, and then we all add to the structure.

We're all friends here, right? :unsure:

SuperDante;198722 said:
well thats why i opened this as a "General Brainstorm" thread... it's just to add lots of ideas together. When I decide on a solid storyline and want to go into more detail like SpardaTM did, I will open a new thread for story, dialogue... all that stuff.

It's cool, my bad. I understand that it's your thread, and I respect wherever you may wish to take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom