• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC5 Brainstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Yeah... I'm gathering plot points from everyones idea's constantly and changing my mind on story stuff... GAMEPLAY wise, I am pretty sure what I'm after... if you look at a lot of my previous posts, there are a lot of Dante's moves (mostly for Rebellion/Ebony & Ivory) and new features for him. I will put them down here so you can view easier... just give me a minute while I type it all out and I'll get your thoughts on them

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
No, LoD, I'm the one at fault. I reacted like an idiot... When we've agreed on a solid storyline, let's all work on it together, alright? We'll make this big uber-thread with all our ideas, and then we'll put them into another thread once we get solid storyline, gameplay, etc. Also, would anyone be keen on having a costume like DMC 2's Dante? Maybe he could even have the same combat system as DMC 2, with the "press a direction here during your sword combo to do this move" system. I found it INCREDIBLY easy to get a Showtime! rating with this system. It's either I'm good, or the enemies are extremely stupid, even in DMD mode... I liked that cool touch for the Inis demons DT though. The bones break and they glow with blue flames... AWESOME!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
DreadnoughtDT;198726 said:
No, LoD, I'm the one at fault. I reacted like an idiot... When we've agreed on a solid storyline, let's all work on it together, alright? We'll make this big uber-thread with all our ideas, and then we'll put them into another thread once we get solid storyline, gameplay, etc. Also, would anyone be keen on having a costume like DMC 2's Dante? Maybe he could even have the same combat system as DMC 2, with the "press a direction here during your sword combo to do this move" system. I found it INCREDIBLY easy to get a Showtime! rating with this system. It's either I'm good, or the enemies are extremely stupid, even in DMD mode... I liked that cool touch for the Inis demons DT though. The bones break and they glow with blue flames... AWESOME!

No you never acted like an idiot at all my friend. And if you felt like you did, it's okay, because we're all cool ^_^ Besides, only feel like an idiot if the person you think your at fault with tells you that you're one. And I'd never say that to you or anyone, so your alright man.

Anyhow, sounds like a truly awesome idea. And guys, I really love all your ideas. As soon as we get all the ideas properly listed down, it's gonna rock Dante style! :D

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Thing is, I don't think anyone here WANTS to list all the ideas down... It would take WAYYYYY too long...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
DreadnoughtDT;198731 said:
Thing is, I don't think anyone here WANTS to list all the ideas down... It would take WAYYYYY too long...

Tomorrow, I will do it.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
DEVIL MAY CRY 5
=DANTE=

STYLES
Trickster - Now moves much faster than ever before, even the dash moves give the impression that Dante is teleporting (think RE5 Wesker, that is how Dante moves in this one). I imagine that if you time the dodges PERFECTLY, your next attack will do triple damage. Also when fully upgraded, you can "teleport" behind your enemy!

Swordmaster - Utilize Devil/Angel Arms like never before, attacking with blinding speed and amazing strength. In this style, you can unleash the full power of your weapons. Makes for never before seen Swordplay.

Gunslinger - Dante can maximize his skill with guns, unleashing them like never before. He can spin like a tornado with E & I equipt, spraying bullets in all directions or perform many other new attacks - including the in-game JACKPOT!!!

Royal Guard - This style now puts your enemies off balance, making it more of a counterattack style. A regular block will stop half the damage being inflicted on Dante but a perfect block will negate all damage and put your enemy off balance, allowing you to do a lot of damage.

Demonic Magic - Not yet fully fleshed out but moves like Summoned Swords will be available, as well as new, devastating attacks.

OTHER FEATURES
Demon Focus - Being stylish will fill up your "Focus Gauge" which, when activated, will let Dante move/attack at double the speed while enemies slow down roughly 50% Your attacks will do double damage and Dante will have a heat-like aura radiating off his body. Also, the screen contrast will change, showing how fast he is moving.

Grab/Special Attack - Dante can now perform devastating attacks to compensate for his lack of Buster moves. On weaker enemies, Dante will perform a "Grab" attack where he displays one of three attacks. One he will use E & I for some cool gun moves finishing with a powerful Jackpot. Two is when Dante uses Rebellion for some insane attacks on an enemy. The third is where Dante uses brute strength to obliterate an enemy. Special attacks are used on larger enemies, sub bosses and/or bosses. You must either rapidly press a button or press buttons as they are displayed on screen to finish the attacks.

Devil Trigger - More powerful than ever, all attacks are altered/upgraded when in DT, health regeneration is more rapid and enemies do very little damage when Dante is in full DT.

Rage/True DT -After certain events in the game, Dante will also have access to his "true" devil form. Basically, picture Desperation Devil Trigger on Roids! However, you can only stay in this form for a very limited time.

DMC5 DANTE
REBELLION MOVELIST

Stinger+

Vortex Stinger*

Million Stabs+

Round Trip+

Hyperdrive*

Hightime/Distorted Hightime+

Aerial Rave+

Aerial Rave Version 2

Sword Storm*

Helm Breaker+

Rebellion Combo A+

Rebellion Combo B+

Rebellion Combo C

Rebellion Combo D

Rebellion Combo E

Rebellious Hurricane*

Shredder*+

Dance Macabre*+

Light From The Demon Blade*

* Swordmaster Only

+ Upgraded From Previous Versions

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hey SD, I was thinking... Remember that picture I showed you, with the dragon guy for a DT? I think that he should be Dante's flight DT. How's that?

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
yeah... I imagine he would have the wings, maybe in his normal DT but not usable (like DMC3 Sparda DT) and in true DT, he can take to the skies!

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
*BGM Dio's Fever Dreams* *Hell Portal opens* Yo,i'm back.Gosh times sure moves fast.Ok,well as always here i am,also welcome LoD.Hope you have a nice time with us.As for Dante make get frustated a bit more easily.Of course he won't express it with words but his face will get a shadow and his eyes will glow an insanelly bright red a la DMC1 during that certain cutscene.A crossover with Netta would be awesome,but i don't it can happen.It would be sweet.Yet you can use Enzo since he was in the DMC continuity.[Even though he was younger and without wife and kids.]I also liked the Devil Bringer "Bayonetta" style.It adds more depth in Nero.Especially with two DBs.Yuum.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Yeah, I think Dante should have to restrain himself more in this game, the serious face with the glowing eyes would be very cool I think... You'd be going "damn, Dante is gonna flip any minute". I think it would be cool if Nero was giving Dante lip, in a playful way, but Dante doesn't see the funny side (maybe Nero brings up a sensitive subject?) and you get the glowing demon eyes. Even fiery Nero would be going "Whoa, wait a minute man." Perhaps that could happen immediately after Dante gets out of hell, so he's still very battle weary. Yeah, I figured using the Devil Bringer for massive Avatar punches would be a nice upgrade for him. Seemed like the logical choice to upgrade the DB. I'm thinking they would be added at the end of some of Nero's combo's, you hit Buster and BANG...KO lol

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^I don't think so.Spending a year in hell fighting constantly may seriously damaga the mentality of anyone,even the son of Sparda[Vergil would be ecstastic though LULZ] so even if six months passed,i figure he should still be a little more aggressive,weary and tired than his usual appearances.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Yeah definately... I think it will be very cool to have Dante just different like that. Who said Dante doesn't have any more story potential LOL. ALSO, I love your idea of his appearance being tired and battle weary. Almost like he is just a fighting machine. I think it could be shown even with his in-game stance. He looks tired and worn out but once he starts moving - OMG! LOL

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
So are we pretty set on Dante's gameplay and persona in this game - LordofDarkness, I want your opinion as well plz

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
SuperDante;198788 said:
So are we pretty set on Dante's gameplay and persona in this game - LordofDarkness, I want your opinion as well plz

I love it guys, really! ^^

Later on after work, around 11pm my time, I'll post up everything we have so far in detail.

Til then, LoD.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
I would like the beginning of Dante's game/story to start like it did in DMC3 - except it is narrated by Nero. It would talk of Dante's descent into the deepest parts of hell after the events of DMC2, showing flashes of Dante battling in slow motion, his clothes battered & burnt (this would be roughly the 6 month mark of his time in hell). After Nero stops talking, it would be in full speed, showing Dante slicing away at demons left, right and center. The camera would slowly pan out, revealing dozens, no HUNDREDS of demons closing in on the Son of Sparda, flames spewing like he was in the heart of a volcano. After showing off some CRAZY skills and power, the player will take control of Dante smack bang in the middle of a demon army. Credits would still show & you would not see a health bar... just unleash chaos on the demons. After roughly 2-3 minutes you would lose control of Dante and it would show about 50-60 demons pile on top of Dante, lesser AND elite demons. Nero would then talk of Dante having to fully give in to anger and hate (his demon personality) to survive. You would then see Dante explode out the middle of the pile up, sending demons flying. He would dramatically rise to his full height, the camera zooming in and he'd open his eyes, revealing his new orange/red demon eyes. You would then see the new, supercharged Dante lay waste to the hordes like they were nothing, moving like, no FASTER than RE5 Wesker, slicing demons in half before they even knew Dante was there, sending devastating shockwaves from Rebellion, blowing them away with JACKPOT strength shots from E & I and throwing summoned swords at dozens of enemies at once. Nero then speaks about how being in constant combat in that kind of hell would have an affect on anybody, even someone with a heart as good as the Legendary Son of Sparda... Hope you guys likey likey LOL... Maybe, LordofDarkness, or one of you other guys, could come up with Nero's dialogue for this scene, or Prologue if you will. I think it would be a very exciting way to open the story, show the hell Dante has had to endure for a whole year and why he changes... the scene would end with writing covering the screen "DEVIL MAY CRY 5" Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy thinking it up :D

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Alright, take a listen. It's Nero talking the whole time through.

It's been about six years since I saw Dante, so finding out he was stuck in Hell was kind of a shock. He had just killed Arius, the leader of the international corporation "Ouroboros", and he had entered the demon world to kill the former king Argosax and his son, The Despair Embodied. Ever since then, he's been in Hell.

Dante gameplay segment + cutscene

But now that I think of it, what will he be like when he comes back? He's not going to be the Dante I knew, and from what I've been told, he seemed depressed before. Being in constant combat, never taking a break, would have it's toll on anybody. Soon, that might be the only thing he knows how to do right. So, when he comes back, I'll be sure to be the one greeting him. He wouldn't attack someone he knows... Would he...?

I was thinking Nero's first fight could be against "Ultra Dante" which is Dante's new, more demonic persona. Don't worry though, it'll still be easy.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Yeah, I imagine it wouldn't be Dante going full on at Nero, but maybe that should be Dante's first fight as well... you get to finally fight Nero!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yeah! That would totally pwn... But I'm gonna HATE it if he busters me... And you know what? Dante/Nero should DT DURING the boss fight. Dante's never DT'd as a boss before, and Nero... Well, he hasn't BEEN a boss. Yet. ;) Also, what are your thoughts on this quote "And he killed Argosax and his SON, The Despair Embodied." Would TDE being Argosax's son work?

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Na, DE was Argosax's True Form, the big blob of mashed up bosses was more incubation for his true self that, once Dante blew away the blob, revealed the real Argosax... I don't know, I dont think the DT fight right at the beginning is a good idea... I think you should fight Nero & HE is in DT, but Dante just has the glowing eyes... maybe a SLIGHT aura around him and it would be a way to show just how powerful Dante is thanks to the constant fighting. Good way to introduce the new, more demonic Dante... now I don't think Dante should be crazy and angry ALL the time... he will still retain his layed back attitude at times but then we will go ballistic and everything. About half way through the game, while he is ascending, he learns to focus his demonic power and this leads to the new "Demon Focus" ability. Perhaps Lucifer the Benevolence will help Dante focus his demonic rage into the new mode. Good idea?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Very good idea. It's really your concept... All of us are really just getting dragged along for the ride...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom