• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I played the free demo and its a fun half/hour of play. The lack of content or variety didn't help get a sense of the game. I'm not just talking having content for V/Dante or even just V, but variety as Nero as well.

Don't get me wrong it is fun but it's not the best step forward.

Gameplay it looks fun and there's a lot to be optimistic about story wise so I'm looking forward to my day one purchase.

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
I played the free demo and its a fun half/hour of play. The lack of content or variety didn't help get a sense of the game. I'm not just talking having content for V/Dante or even just V, but variety as Nero as well.

Don't get me wrong it is fun but it's not the best step forward.

Gameplay it looks fun and there's a lot to be optimistic about story wise so I'm looking forward to my day one purchase.

THE MORE U PLAY AND GET USED TO IT THE MORE FUN IT BECOMES

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Seems DMC V as game is taking into crossovers with mobile games as one i play as JP version that is named Puzzle and Dragons ( game has ENG version, cannot tell if that one gets it too but finger crossing) will be having ingame event, so well i will try to record dungeon of event and maybe pull for characters too as im sure Nero and Dante will end as those

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
My complaint isn't that it wasn't fun just short/lacking in content..

Yeah. Especially since both demos were basically the same thing, it's just that the one that came out later had a few extra moves, Punch Line and an extra fight with the Hell Caina demons. I mean, they're less fodder than the Empusa demons but they're still hella weak and don't really prepare you for Goliath. lol

berto

I Saw the Devil
There is a whole thing at 4chan right now where a guy is summarizing the events of the new novel. The thing is I don't think they'd appreciate me posting the transcript here so I'll just wait till DMC5info releases their summary and post it then. In the meantime I said I'd talk about the events of the anime drama CD.

So, here's the deal. The drama CD starts out with Dante getting payed a huge amount for a job he pulled but he is giving it away to a person he knows and they make a huge mystery of it. It's someone who's known him longer than the main cast, even longer than Lady. Well, it's Enzo. Enzo was Dante's old info broker but in a long flash back it is revealed that not long after DMC1 Dante and Trish took a job to track down a devil gun created by a famous demon gunsmith calle Machiavelli. If I remember right, a Spanish Youtuber named Kalina Ann translated some of the opening and said that Trish said that if Sparda was demon swordsman of legend Machiavelli was the demon gunman of legend.

Anyway, on the job Enzo tags along and when he grabs the demon gun his hand becomes fused with it and in order to save his life Dante chops his hand off. Enzo quits his work as an info broker, Morrison takes over his duties and Dante sells his left over devil arms to Enzo to sell for a profit (which, for the record makes no sense to me. Neither job is exclusively a two handed position and considering he lost his hand to a demon weapon you'd think being surrounded by them and being in the same same job that cost him the hand aren't that much of a difference and one isn't much of an improvement from the other).

Trish decides to go all over the world to rid it of the Machiavelli guns and asks Dante to change the name of the shop back to Devil May Cry because Devils Never Cry what their shop and now that she's leaving it's only him. Flash forward and Enzo can't sell the DAs and then a demon appears, possess Lady and Dante has to use Alistor to beat it. A&R make a cameo but aren't used, in fact, Dante sold them to Enzo, along with Alistor. Lady kills the demon after it gets away and Dante gives the weapons back to Enzo to sell and all goes back to the same old.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So Trish's occupation is listed as ??? on the website profile in the DMCV info thread. While Lady's occupation is listed as Devil Hunter.

@berto @Gel also posted a summary of that story months ago. Her's gave more insight into Enzo's motivation so its less about Enzo losing a hand and more about his selfworth as part of the team or regret over being possessed.

I don't mind Dante selling his devil arms i just wished it something they explored better and wasn't a throwaway line.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
I guess this pretty much seals it. I was right.
unknown.png
https://www.gamespot.com/videos/devil-may-cry-5-could-be-the-best-in-the-series-so/2300-6448372/

I don't mind Dante selling his devil arms i just wished it something they explored better and wasn't a throwaway line.
Oh, I hate it. I very much mind. These Devil Arms have been build up as powerful and destructive entities with awareness and intent, some are even actual demons remade into a weapon. They are supposed to be these dangerous and fierce forces that Dante has tamed and waged war with, (some of which he's supposed to have form a bond with) but now he's thrown them away like any other inanimate object; sold them at what is, in essence, a pawn shop. Even if we hadn't seen him with these weapons imagine the incredible sense of irresponsibility to sell demon weapons with their own consciousness to just anyone that can afford it. It's very much like selling demons to the public and if they tell me that 'no, it's cool, they're harmless, now' that would only make the whole thing worse . No matter how you look at it this very much turned these things into nothing more than bland objects. They went from snakes to belts (something I've said before and has become my favorite simile when describing this whole shpiel).

Last edited:

D.Dark

Oh, I hate it. I very much mind. These Devil Arms have been build up as powerful and destructive entities with awareness and intent, some are even actual demons remade into a weapon. They are supposed to be these dangerous and fierce forces that Dante has tamed and waged war with, (some of which he's supposed to have form a bond with) but now he's thrown them away like any other inanimate object; sold them at what is, in essence, a pawn shop. Even if we hadn't seen him with these weapons imagine the incredible sense of irresponsibility to sell demon weapons with their own consciousness to just anyone that can afford it. It's very much like selling demons to the public and if they tell me that 'no, it's cool, they're harmless, now' that would only make the whole thing worse . No matter how you look at it this very much turned these things into nothing more than bland objects. They went from snakes to belts (something I've said before and has become my favorite simile when describing this whole shpiel).
Agreed. I am glad this was never mentioned in the anime or games and I hope it stays that way.

As far as I am concerned those are the only cannon materials.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Agreed. I am glad this was never mentioned in the anime or games and I hope it stays that way.

As far as I am concerned those are the only cannon materials.

Especially since DMC1 showed him having a ton of other (most likely) Devil Arm swords to pin his trophies to the wall. So clearly he doesn't sell them.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL!

ShiningTempest

THEY ARE SPOILING EVERYTHING

Why are they spoiling so much?
They should not have showed the Majin form.
The last one literally spoils parts of the ENDING.

And now we have seen Redemption/Revolution/Ragnarok's moveset.
Are there anything else left to be surprised at?
The ONLY thing we havent seen is Neros DT and expanded moveset.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL. VERGIL. VERGIL! VERGIL! VERGIL!
Dude, I am excited too, but chill a little. You got that Pokemon speak going on.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
And now we have seen Redemption/Revolution/Ragnarok's moveset.
Are there anything else left to be surprised at?
The ONLY thing we havent seen is Neros DT and expanded moveset.

We only seen like 2 moves from the thing. All we know is that it has a different Moveset from Rebellion/Sparda (thanks God so some people here can stop whining about Rebellion having the same Moveset from past games).

But I do agree Capcom may have gotten overboard with the promotion for the past week. And I love how their answer is basically "deal with it".

Top Bottom