• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I already know all that stuff

It's only ever been alluded to he surpassed sparda

It's more so suggested in 2 and a maybe in 4 according to the guide its stated some say he may have even surpassed sparda

But it's never been outright stated

Also that aside I wanna know where people guage him at overall

Not just against sparda

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
I already know all that stuff

It's only ever been alluded to he surpassed sparda

It's more so suggested in 2 and a maybe in 4 according to the guide its stated some say he may have even surpassed sparda

But it's never been outright stated

Also that aside I wanna know where people guage him at overall

Not just against sparda
Sparda his the most powerful being in the dmc universe, so if we sayd that dante and vergil are more powerful than him right now there is no meaning to compare them to other entity in dmc series since other are weaker than sparda... That was my opinion above I didn't want to teach you anything since you write: I already know that... I was giving my opinion on why Dante is more powerful than sparda...

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Nero has vastly improved aerial capabilities now , inertia and the shockwave breaker and punchline and tomboy breakers really give his air combat more depth

I also glad they improved Him on that front

That is nice to know, does that make up for loss of the Devil Bringer? In DMC4 I always used that to stay in the air.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Vergil95 I get what you are saying , but when I say scaling outside of sparda I mean that broadly

As in , against his shin megami counterpart or other fictional characters etc and how strong he has got since defeating Mundus etc

Picard you still get a wire move for snatch allowing you to grab enemies

And there is a buster breaker allowing devil bringer like buster attacks on enemies and bosses

Vergil95

Vergil95 I get what you are saying , but when I say scaling outside of sparda I mean that broadly

As in , against his shin megami counterpart or other fictional characters etc and how strong he has got since defeating Mundus etc

Picard you still get a wire move for snatch allowing you to grab enemies

And there is a buster breaker allowing devil bringer like buster attacks on enemies and bosses
It would be useless to compare dante and vergil to other character from other universe since they are completely different things, I cannot compare dante with superman or other character sorry...

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Lol you are taking this too serious vergil95 buddy

I am not saying anything about superman or comic characters

But bayonetta kratos Ryu hayabusa etc could be compared to

It's a question for fun out of m curiosity to know where people place Dante in terms of power now

You answered above sparda which I respect so that's you covered lol

Picard , table hopper is in the game man

Vergil95

Lol you are taking this too serious vergil95 buddy

I am not saying anything about superman or comic characters

But bayonetta kratos Ryu hayabusa etc could be compared to

It's a question for fun out of m curiosity to know where people place Dante in terms of power now

You answered above sparda which I respect so that's you covered lol

Picard , table hopper is in the game man
I m not taking this serious, but just thinking that it s not comparable whit other universe, Kratos is completely different character and belong to the Greek mitology and now Norse mitology, and had completely different power so I don't know ho to compare him, dante would probably kill him with easy Ora probably not, it s hard to say since we are not talking about the same universe and term of power are different, same as Hayabusa ... I could only compare him to Bayonetta since they share some part of the same universe via Ester egg but not in canonicity, and deal with enemy that are similar whit the dmc universe

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
The whole point of hypothetical fights and scaling is to ignore pure canon and different backgrounds etc

And go off what you see and what the feats are

For instance, Ryu hayabusa beat the archfiend which is somewhat compatible to DMC generals or higher

Kratos can be killed but won't stay dead

And so on

If you take that logic your saying , the. It strips away all the fun out of a debate over who would win and how strong Dante is

Saying Dante is stronger than sparda doesn't answer the question of what his actual level of strength is

As sparda is gone and the only guage is Vergil which doesn't answer either as we don know exactly how strong they are

Which is why I'm suggesting pitting them against others regardless of mythology etc , I mean these are fictional game characters, so their background shouldn't be take so into account for this

But hey each to their own, I respect what you are saying so let's just agree to disagree

Methix

Sparda his the most powerful being in the dmc universe, so if we sayd that dante and vergil are more powerful than him right now there is no meaning to compare them to other entity in dmc series since other are weaker than sparda... That was my opinion above I didn't want to teach you anything since you write: I already know that... I was giving my opinion on why Dante is more powerful than sparda...
If u think dante is more powerful than sparda, then so is vergil , as they are equal

Last edited:

Methix

The whole point of hypothetical fights and scaling is to ignore pure canon and different backgrounds etc

And go off what you see and what the feats are

For instance, Ryu hayabusa beat the archfiend which is somewhat compatible to DMC generals or higher

Kratos can be killed but won't stay dead

And so on

If you take that logic your saying , the. It strips away all the fun out of a debate over who would win and how strong Dante is

Saying Dante is stronger than sparda doesn't answer the question of what his actual level of strength is

As sparda is gone and the only guage is Vergil which doesn't answer either as we don know exactly how strong they are

Which is why I'm suggesting pitting them against others regardless of mythology etc , I mean these are fictional game characters, so their background shouldn't be take so into account for this

But hey each to their own, I respect what you are saying so let's just agree to disagree

Nico says in-game Dante is stronger than Sparda, either out fo her mouth or in her text file thingies when he gets devil sword dante and his sin devil trigger form, when characters in-game say stuff like that it is the developers saying it, so dante is stronger than spardda now, and also vergil is stronger than sparda since vergil and dante are equal in power from there fight scene in the game no point to explain how one got stronger then the other catches up tot the same level as u have played the game

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
That's not being disputed methix bud that Dante and Vergil are equals again

But the info for the sin devil trigger actually says he may even be stronger than sparda

So again it's not stated for a fact in game by cutscenes or dialogue

Emphasis on may/might be

Vergil95

Nico says in-game Dante is stronger than Sparda, either out fo her mouth or in her text file thingies when he gets devil sword dante and his sin devil trigger form, when characters in-game say stuff like that it is the developers saying it, so dante is stronger than spardda now, and also vergil is stronger than sparda since vergil and dante are equal in power from there fight scene in the game no point to explain how one got stronger then the other catches up tot the same level as u have played the game
In fact if you read what I write, vergil and dante are now equal... And yes it was already stated in dmc 1 and 4 and the anime that dante is more powerful than sparda and since it was stated by demon who meet sparda we can say for a fact that dante is stronger than sparda

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
It depends on which sparda though and at what level , said demons could have met sparda after he sealed away half his power or before

We will never know , they are too vague on it

Also If Dante according to griffon was stronger , how is it he got wrecked by Mundus and needed to sparda dt to compete with him

Meaning his alastor Dt and own power weren't enough

Abigail i grant you he did himself off his own power

That's why the Devs need to say it outright rather than this speculation crap they do each game of , Dante may have surpassed sparda

Vergil95

It depends on which sparda though and at what level , said demons could have met sparda after he sealed away half his power or before

We will never know , they are too vague on it

Also If Dante according to griffon was stronger , how is it he got wrecked by Mundus and needed to sparda dt to compete with him

Meaning his alastor Dt and own power weren't enough

Abigail i grant you he did himself off his own power

That's why the Devs need to say it outright rather than this speculation crap they do each game of , Dante may have surpassed sparda
I had to agree on this, also now that I m thinking about it, it was stated in dmc 5 that sparda sealed his power in three sword, the Yamato the rebellion and the sparda, so dante only used the power of the sparda sword in dmc 1, i wonder what will happen if the rebellion the sparda and the Yamato are all inglobed into one sword, probably whe will see a devil trigger more powerful than sin dt, the true sparda dt

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Well Dante has rebellion and sparda combined , so he is pretty damn powerful

The Mundus fight from DMC1 should be a joke to him now

ShiningTempest

Yeah both Dante and Vergil are stronger than Sparda now.
Its weird now because Vergil is the one that wanted power. Now he himself is stronger than daddy with his own sword.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Well to be fair
he absorbed a huge amount of power as urizen , and then reconnected with his humanity gaining more power[\spoiler]

Before DMC 5 though I believe Vergil was behind Dante and sparda

Vergil95

Well to be fair
he absorbed a huge amount of power as urizen , and then reconnected with his humanity gaining more power[\spoiler]

Before DMC 5 though I believe Vergil was behind Dante and sparda
In reality vergil was always weaker in a sense because he never embraced his humanity and emotion because think that was a weakness while it was his greatest strength, that s why Dante was able to beat him in the end of dmc 3, vergil realized what I losed only when he splitted his human part and demonic part

Top Bottom