• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

gmc

Kalina Ann and Artemis is a possibility.

Dante could've gotten Kalina Ann due to the fact there is a promo picture of Dante wearing what looks like Lady's goggles.

unknown.png

So something could've happened to Lady and Dante got both the goggles and Kalina Ann.
please dont tell me it means what i think it means :(

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
please dont tell me it means what i think it means :(

Same could apply to Trish also since Dante is wielding Sparda now.

The leaks a month back showed off the beginning of the game and it shows Trish and Lady knocked out on the floor facing the Demon King named Urizen and it ends with Nero and V escaping with rocks blocking them from Dante and Urizen and I think logistically Lady and Trish also didn't make it out with them. However that was the beginning of the game and Dante seemed to have made it out so maybe Trish and Lady did too.....or not.

We only see Lady and Trish in very few shots in the trailer and Dante seems very serious throughout a lot of it.

This trailer combined with the leaks is making things far more confusing if you ask me.

Reactions: gmc

Meg

Dante's four core Styles will return.

devil5_012_cs1w1_420x280.jpg

Swordmaster

devil5_013_cs1w1_420x280.jpg

Royal Guard

devil5_014_cs1w1_420x280.jpg

Gunslinger

devil5_015_cs1w1_420x280.jpg

Trickster​

A little disappointed by that, given wanting his control scheme to not feel like clunky ass, but what can I do? At least there was no need for Royal Guard; it never fit Dante's personality. He was always a trickster, a gunslinger, and a swordmaster, but...he's not someone who guards, it's the most passive thing a raucous ninja turtle who loves fighting could do. Oh well, now I know which Styles I'll never use! Again...
Boo. I was also hoping they would evolve Dante’s combat. I like the style system but after two games I was ready for something new. It’s frustrating seeing how much is being reused from previous games. Same red queen combos and all.

gmc

Boo. I was also hoping they would evolve Dante’s combat. I like the style system but after two games I was ready for something new. It’s frustrating seeing how much is being reused from previous games. Same red queen combos and all.
agree i was hoping for some new styles and combo but as theyll probably say if it aint broke dont fix it

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

Especially after the amount of experimentation they did with DmC, I would have hoped more had rubbed off on them for updating controls so they feel better. We already don't have slowed movement while aiming, if I heard correctly, and Nero can Exceed on the run and his controls are even tweaked, so why stop there? Granted we don't know what more they're doing to Dante, so maybe they will have integrated his controls better, but they still require a Style to focus on?

I'm just a little tired of seeing Capcom flounder when it comes to updating their IPs. It's cool that we're getting another Mega Man, but I haven't been able to muster any excitement for MM11, even with the inclusion of a time slow mechanic. Why? Because there are hundreds of games out there that have improved upon the foundations of Mega Man far better than Capcom has - if I want to play a sidescrolling sh'mup with time slow, I'll play Bleed, where I can also shoot in any direction and zip through the air. MM11 even still has lives, continues, and limited checkpoints, something they didn't even need by virtue of being on console! It's so disappointing that, as of now, it seems like they are still stuck in their ways about how Dante should control. The style system was clunky and fairly outdated when it was introduced, and they had the perfect opportunity to make him feel better, and get rid of the concept of literally locking out half my moves for the sake of unlocking others. It's like they are literally afraid to do something new. Stop making Dante feel like a character from two-thousand-friggin'-one because some ****gibbons might get upset about how different he is.

But who knows? Maybe they did update him somehow. We'll have to wait and see, and if he has been, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Meg

Especially after the amount of experimentation they did with DmC, I would have hoped more had rubbed off on them for updating controls so they feel better. We already don't have slowed movement while aiming, if I heard correctly, and Nero can Exceed on the run and his controls are even tweaked, so why stop there? Granted we don't know what more they're doing to Dante, so maybe they will have integrated his controls better, but they still require a Style to focus on?

I'm just a little tired of seeing Capcom flounder when it comes to updating their IPs. It's cool that we're getting another Mega Man, but I haven't been able to muster any excitement for MM11, even with the inclusion of a time slow mechanic. Why? Because there are hundreds of games out there that have improved upon the foundations of Mega Man far better than Capcom has - if I want to play a sidescrolling sh'mup with time slow, I'll play Bleed, where I can also shoot in any direction and zip through the air. MM11 even still has lives, continues, and limited checkpoints, something they didn't even need by virtue of being on console! It's so disappointing that, as of now, it seems like they are still stuck in their ways about how Dante should control. The style system was clunky and fairly outdated when it was introduced, and they had the perfect opportunity to make him feel better, and get rid of the concept of literally locking out half my moves for the sake of unlocking others. It's like they are literally afraid to do something new. Stop making Dante feel like a character from two-thousand-friggin'-one because some ****gibbons might get upset about how different he is.

But who knows? Maybe they did update him somehow. We'll have to wait and see, and if he has been, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
It's true we don't know how well the style system will be implemented yet. Capcom may surprise us yet! To be honest I'm more concerned about how weapon switching is going to work. I hate in DMC4 having to hit R2 or L2 multiple times to get the weapon I want. My hope is that they'd integrate style moves better and then use the D-pad for weapon switching as I found style switching way less clunky than weapon switching. But if styles are coming back then that means there's a solid chance weapon switching will be a mess again. Here's hoping Capcom proves me wrong!

EDIT: DmC had some great ideas with its combat that created a sense of flow that clunky DMC4 Dante didn't have. (I hold DMC3 as the pinnacle of DMC's combat but that's besides the point.) Using R2 and L2 to switch between demon and angel mode felt really good. They could implement styles by having you pick two with one mapped to R2 and the other mapped to L2? You'd only have two styles at a time instead of four but hardly anyone uses Royal Guard anyway. Hm. Maybe one style could be the default, for when you aren't holding down either R2 or L2, and then have other ones mapped to R2 and L2. I think that could work.

Which means Capcom won't do it. :laugh::facepalm:

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It’s frustrating seeing how much is being reused from previous games. Same red queen combos and all.

Woah hold on a sec. The trailer showed new gauntlet moves, we know the gauntlets themselves have two modes with a separate moveset, and that bike looks like it can be a style system of its own with its multi-mode function. Dante looks like he's got plenty new in this game, and what they showed so far may very well not even be all he's got, just like they did with Nero. Speaking of which, Tomboy actually alters Red Queen's moveset, looks like.

Also weapon switching wasn't a mess in DMC4. At most you have to press the button twice and that's it. It's not like you have to hit a combination of buttons like in DmC or go through a menu like in DMC1.
Although, if Dante really has 4 weapons now (Rebellion, Sparda, Cavaliere, Balrog) and possibly more, they may bring back the loadout system from DMC3. Even though to be fair, Sparda could actually just be a replacement for Rebellion (if you haven't seen the leaks I'll say no more), we'll see.

Reactions: Meg

Meg

Woah hold on a sec. The trailer showed new gauntlet moves, we know the gauntlets themselves have two modes with a separate moveset, and that bike looks like it can be a style system of its own with its multi-mode function. Dante looks like he's got plenty new in this game, and what they showed so far may very well not even be all he's got, just like they did with Nero. Speaking of which, Tomboy actually alters Red Queen's moveset, looks like.

Also weapon switching wasn't a mess in DMC4. At most you have to press the button twice and that's it. It's not like you have to hit a combination of buttons like in DmC or go through a menu like in DMC1.
Although, if Dante really has 4 weapons now (Rebellion, Sparda, Cavaliere, Balrog) and possibly more, they may bring back the loadout system from DMC3. Even though to be fair, Sparda could actually just be a replacement for Rebellion (if you haven't seen the leaks I'll say no more), we'll see.
That's fair. I should have said I'm not excited to be using the same Red Queen combos I've already been using for ten years. :laugh:

I'm fine with agreeing weapon switching wasn't a "mess" but it was still clunky and annoying. The extra time it takes to cycle between three weapons instead of two makes a big difference during such fast combat. Of results in me pulling off the wrong moves, which results in a mess. :laugh:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Dante's four core Styles will return.

devil5_012_cs1w1_420x280.jpg

Swordmaster

devil5_013_cs1w1_420x280.jpg

Royal Guard

devil5_014_cs1w1_420x280.jpg

Gunslinger

devil5_015_cs1w1_420x280.jpg

Trickster​

Looking at the HUD, from what I can see, the Styles are probably still tied to the D-pad directions. If you look closely you can see the small letters of the other styles hanging next to the big letter denoting your current style; Trickster is up, Gunslinger is left, Swordmaster is right, and Royal Guard is down - and Royal Guard still has a meter for building up energy.

Not sure how they plan to make Dante feel more like he did in DMC3 when they're adhering pretty heavily to DMC4 at the moment.

Meg

Looking at the HUD, from what I can see, the Styles are probably still tied to the D-pad directions. If you look closely you can see the small letters of the other styles hanging next to the big letter denoting your current style; Trickster is up, Gunslinger is left, Swordmaster is right, and Royal Guard is down - and Royal Guard still has a meter for building up energy.

Not sure how they plan to make Dante feel more like he did in DMC3 when they're adhering pretty heavily to DMC4 at the moment.
Well okay then. :thumbsdown:

Hopefully we'll get to see a lengthy Dante demo like we did with Nero so we can really see how it's all going to work.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well okay then. :thumbsdown:

Hopefully we'll get to see a lengthy Dante demo like we did with Nero so we can really see how it's all going to work.

I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen an in-game demo, honestly.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

Looks like three weapon slots. What the hell did they even do to update him? And the fact that the player mucks up and does Fireworks in the air, and then switches to Trickster and does Skystart basically confirms that there's still a dedicated style action button. Man that's so disappointing.

gmc

looks good, interesting that they're using devil trigger for the fight theme, not to keen on the guy skipping cutscenes, i wanted an intro to the knight guy and dual scythe wielding enemy, is that nelo angelo i just saw, and trish in the nude, o lala, and lol at v falling while trying to catch dante, hope that wont be an annoyance when we play as him

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It also looks like that when weapon switching, you have to switch between using Balrog's gauntlets or greaves. What an odd lack of integration...

Why does so much about Dante disappoint me? The only thing that seems cool so far is that Rainstorm lets you move a la moementum, and the shotgun has more sliding or something.

Oh, and so much for running while locked on as well, it seems.

Top Bottom