• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gaming Battle - Ryu VS Jin Kazama

Who would win?

• Total voters

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Since the latest VS threads have been pretty civil, I thought let's have a series of them, for the heck of it.

To allow the highest possible number of people to vote without dragging the vote time for too long, time to pick your choice will be about 48 hours.

As the title says, this matchup sees two of the most prominent fighting game characters in gaming. Cause what's better than having two fighting game characters to kick off a VS thread series?

In the blue corner, we got the Samurai Who Fights With His Fists, Ryu, from the Street Fighter series! An applause, ladies and gents!

And in the red corner, we got Jin Kazama, the Heir of the Cursed Blood of the Mishima family, from the Tekken series! Show him your warmth, people!

I remind you that for this particular matchup, transformations are NOT to be taken into account, so Evil Ryu and Devil Jin are out. However, powers like Ryu's mastery of his inner energy and Jin's ability to channel some of his demonic powers in his attacks are obviously to be taken into consideration.

And now... vote and discuss!

sf5_screen_hd_01.jpg

VS

jin-hqt5.jpg

Last edited:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
He better be sure to conclude something this time instead of getting beaten to a pulp a third time by his son. LOL
I didn't say he was going to win---he never does. Randomly showing up to butt into other people's business is just something that Kazuya literally always does. Oh, what's that? Jin and Heihachi are battling to the death over family matters, about who's good and who's evil? Yeah, then Kazuya shows up with next to no interest in what's going on, and just says: "You both suck. Now give me the Devil Gene."

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I think Ryu gonna win. He's more experienced also he defeated far stronger opponents than Jin.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
My thoughts are that it would be one hell of a battle but eventually Jin would come out victorious.

Ryu's a great fighter but a lot of his moves leave him open to being hit. Jin has defeated people far more powerful than Ryu too. He would put up a challenge no doubt but I don't think he's the one with the most chances to win. I'd go for 30% Ryu, 70% Jin.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Devil jin vs vs evil ryu is what it boils down to and I have to go with jin

They're excluded from this battle as they have different abilities and powers compared to their base forms.

They're actually the next matchup. Oh and don't forget to vote in the poll.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
It's really down to the question: Whose opponents are stronger, Ryu or Jin? I don't know much about either series, so I don't know if there's more powerful characters than Akuma, Heihachi, etc.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Which Jin is this? the Post Tekken 4 Jin with his prissy fighting style or the badass jin from Tekken 3? if this is jin from Tekken 3 then Jin wins if not then Ryu wins!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Which Jin is this? the Post Tekken 4 Jin with his prissy fighting style or the badass jin from Tekken 3? if this is jin from Tekken 3 then Jin wins if not then Ryu wins!

Jin has always been badass and always will be. And honestly, thank God for the change in fighting style. I much prefer traditional Karate to the Mishima version. His moves are swifter and the animations are cool as hell. Gives me that feel of power and control. All that combined is what made him my main.

Top Bottom