• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Games you're ashamed of liking

Meg

At this point this is going to sound ridiculous, hypocritical, and like a down right lie, but I'm 100% honest when I say that I'm ashamed of loving FFXIII. Its the only FF game I like. I can't tell you the number of times FF fanatics have jumped down my throat because I don't worship everything FF. I also can't tell you the number of times people who don't like FF assume I'm one of those FF fanatics because I like XIII.

Not only that, but because Lightning is an FF character I'm ashamed to call her my favorite game character. In fact, if you saw me in real life and asked for my favorite was, or even if I liked Lightning at all I would downright lie.

You?

H

HarbingerOfChaos

Any thing created by asians.

Or that one sonic game that was actually good.

moseslmpg

Honestly, nowadays I am a little ashamed to call myself a DMC fan, with all the advancement and evolutions in action games surpassing it. I stay with DMC out of respect for the good times, what we used to have, even though it has become ungrateful and abusive and just generally disappointing. Alas.

Other than that, I don't think I'm ashamed of liking any other series. I'm proud of the series I support.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm ashamed for liking the Metroid Prime games, Trauma Center, Gradius, RefleX... I'm ashamed for liking a lot of games that people hate because they have to play games that hold their hand.

H

HarbingerOfChaos

DreadnoughtDT;271821 said:
I'm ashamed for liking the Metroid Prime games, Trauma Center, Gradius, RefleX... I'm ashamed for liking a lot of games that people hate because they have to play games that hold their hand.

Oh, you silly furry.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
meg127;271775 said:
At this point this is going to sound ridiculous, hypocritical, and like a down right lie, but I'm 100% honest when I say that I'm ashamed of loving FFXIII. Its the only FF game I like. I can't tell you the number of times FF fanatics have jumped down my throat because I don't worship everything FF. I also can't tell you the number of times people who don't like FF assume I'm one of those FF fanatics because I like XIII.

Not only that, but because Lightning is an FF character I'm ashamed to call her my favorite game character. In fact, if you saw me in real life and asked for my favorite was, or even if I liked Lightning at all I would downright lie.

You?

It is nothing to be ashamed of. If you like that particular FF game, don't even bother talking with other FF fanboys/fangirls. Not everyone enjoys playing the same game, and I am proud to say that FFXII and older FF games (FFI - FFV) do not appeal to me at all, and I probably will not play those games again.

Devil Bane;271819 said:
@ Meg : ...*blush*...nothing...*nosebleed*

Now this is disturbing... What the hell is going on? :lol::lol: What did meg127 do to you? :lol::lol:

I am ashamed of liking too many game series, both Eastern and Western games.

Eastern game series
Final Fantasy series, Devil May Cry series, Metal Gear Solid series, Resident Evil series, Shin Megami Tensei series, Mega Man series, Yakuza series, and etc...

Western game series

Mass Effect series, Assassin's Creed series, Uncharted series, Prince of Persia series, God of War series, Splinter Cell series, and etc...

Although I am ashamed of liking for too many game series, I enjoyed playing the game series that I support since I played it. :D:D:D:D

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Prototype,the game has so much hate.Way more than it deserves....
Infact it barley deserves hate at all.But I guess its all in opinion,aslong as a game is good in my opinion....well I'm satisfied.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Devil of War;271831 said:
Prototype,the game has so much hate.Way more than it deserves....
Infact it barley deserves hate at all.But I guess its all in opinion,aslong as a game is good in my opinion....well I'm satisfied.

You are not the only one. I am ashamed of playing Prototype, but I think the game deserves better and has potential to become a good series if they update the graphics. The gameplay is simply more addicting than Infamous's gameplay.

aka958

Don't trust people
I'm not ashamed of playing any games. I'm usually pretty straight forward with it. Except Guitar Hero. >.<

Meg

Chaos Master;271827 said:
It is nothing to be ashamed of. If you like that particular FF game, don't even bother other FF fanboys/fangirls. Not everyone enjoys playing the same game, and I am proud to say that FFXII and older FF games (FFI - FFV) do not appeal to me at all, and I probably will not play those games again.

I don't bother them. I try to steer clear, but they come and find me. ._.

Thanks though. I feel better now. :$ You're a real nice guy.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
meg127;271856 said:
I don't bother them. I try to steer clear, but they come and find me. ._.

Thanks though. I feel better now. :$ You're a real nice guy.

Sorry, I forgot the 'talking with' part after the 'bother' word, so wrong interpretations. My mistake.

No problem. I can't stand seeing one person's game preferences crushed by unthoughtful fanboys/fangirls, especially good people around me, real life and Internet. It is sickening to see them to be so obsessed with a game series without broadening their minds and accept the fact that everyone has different game preferences.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, these aren't games I'm ashamed of liking, they're games I'm ashamed of disliking.

Halo. I don't like it that much. People freak out because of that.

Call Of Duty. I don't even know how to walk straight in this game, nor do I care to learn how.

Modern Warfare. Don't make me laugh.

GTA/Saint's Row series. Bleh bleh BLEH. I dislike them with a passion.

Top Bottom