• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Game of thrones

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Maybe the question right now is 'how closely will it follow the story of the books'? If the books are published before the series ends, we'll be able to read who gets the Throne, unless Martin is planning to make the series end or play out differently from the books. I know some small changes have already been made, with Jaime being at Joffrey's wedding, which didn't happen in the books, I think. But then, I choose not to read the books, so I don't know.

I certainly hope Jon will get it. He seems fit for it. Daenerys just bores me greatly. She doesn't seem to have any real agenda, she just goes ''throne is rightfully mine''. Dragon. Fire. You ded.'' Oooh... but she's a strong woman... overcame a lot of sheeet... not really relevant. And what if she can't handle her dragons? I've seen her have problems already with Drogon. She also seems power-hungry at times. It seeps through. Man, Jaime should take the Throne. Now that would be a twist.

NeroAngelo

Maybe the question right now is 'how closely will it follow the story of the books'? If the books are published before the series ends, we'll be able to read who gets the Throne, unless Martin is planning to make the series end or play out differently from the books. I know some small changes have already been made, with Jaime being at Joffrey's wedding, which didn't happen in the books, I think. But then, I choose not to read the books, so I don't know.

I certainly hope Jon will get it. He seems fit for it. Daenerys just bores me greatly. She doesn't seem to have any real agenda, she just goes ''throne is rightfully mine''. Dragon. Fire. You ded.'' Oooh... but she's a strong woman... overcame a lot of sheeet... not really relevant. And what if she can't handle her dragons? I've seen her have problems already with Drogon. She also seems power-hungry at times. It seeps through. Man, Jaime should take the Throne. Now that would be a twist.

Yeah there are many changes from the books, but still the series is awesome so I'm cool with that :eek:
I'd like Jon on the throne but I honestly don't think he fits, I cannot explain why though sorry... :/ I like Khaleesi, I'm not A BIG fan, but still, I think that the throne is originally hers and she has the right to take it I think. Baratheon's brother should have ended in it, but since he is stupid and guided by his penis, sorry but that's the true he doesn't deserve it at all. So Yeah I would love the Khaleesi sitting on thr throne I think. ^^

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I certainly hope Jon will get it. He seems fit for it. Daenerys just bores me greatly. She doesn't seem to have any real agenda, she just goes ''throne is rightfully mine''. Dragon. Fire. You ded.'' .

None of the people who wanted the Iron throne have a good or real agenda so i don't see your point. For Jon taking the throne, the R + L = J should be real.

Maybe Jon(Ice) and Dany(Fire) will hook up in the end though :blush:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Only 2 episodes in already and I feel we have had half a season of content already... so much has happened. I like that they had George R.R. Martin direct that particular episode so he could bring that particular part of the books to life.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
None of the people who wanted the Iron throne have a good or real agenda so i don't see your point. For Jon taking the throne, the R + L = J should be real.

Maybe Jon(Ice) and Dany(Fire) will hook up in the end though :blush:

Yeah, but some of them are at least decent about it. Daenerys just seems to want it because it's 'rightfully hers', which is also debatable. To be honest, if everybody who wants the Throne simply feels it's rightfully theirs, maybe I should stop watching the show. I'm really not interested in choosing a side when all sides are basically asses. I'd have nobody to root for.

Last edited:

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I just seems to want it because it 'rightfully hers', which is also debatable.

It would only be debatable if again, R + L = J(Also if R and J is married) is real and 2nd:
If young griff(Aegon VI is real and legit).

To be honest, if everybody who wants the Throne simply feels it's rightfully theirs, maybe I should stop watching the show. I'm really not interested in choosing a side when all sides are basically asses. I'd have nobody to root for.

Perhaps you should. It isn't about winning the iron throne now anyway especially during A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons when the throne have become the, let's say the least of their concern and considering most of the kings are already dead and all what remains is Stannis and probably Balon(Though this guy seems wanted the independence of the iron islands more than the throne itself). Tyrion(don't have any targaryen blood anyway) didn't want the throne, and i can't see Sansa nor Arya sitting on it either especially when they have no Targaryen blood. I don't know who are the characters that you are rooting for but the only people that i know at the top of my head as of now who wants the throne is Stannis, Balon, Young Griff and Daenerys.

Daenerys has also been ruling pretty sh!tty in Essos and after the events that transpired on her during the end of ADWD, the throne should be the last of her concern.

Last edited:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I vote Khaleesi for the throne!
And Tyrrion.
The rest would just be tyrants in my opinion. Not as bad as Jeoffrey but no better either.

Pardon me if I get the spelling of their names wrong. I haven't read the books or any of this thread past page 1 as I haven't started watching the new episodes yet and would like to avoid spoilers :dead:

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
HODOR!:laugh: That would be a weird plot twist ending. :laugh:
Yesssss! Hodor for the Throne, 'cause Martin will kill everyone else sooner or later, and he will be the last man standing... :D

Seriously though, I fear Dany will sit on the Throne sooner or later, maybe not definitively but she will. Maybe. If she doesn't get lost on her way, which she seems soooo likely to do. That girl annoys me to no end, btw. :banghead:

And oh how I rejoiced at the Purpl Wedding. Soooooooo happy. :cool:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I vote Khaleesi for the throne!
And Tyrrion.
The rest would just be tyrants in my opinion. Not as bad as Jeoffrey but no better either.

Pardon me if I get the spelling of their names wrong. I haven't read the books or any of this thread past page 1 as I haven't started watching the new episodes yet and would like to avoid spoilers :dead:
Tyrion would be fine for the throne, but it doesn't seem like he wants it.

As for Daenerys, she's doing ok so far, liberating slave cities, but she's still got a long way to go before she's Iron Throne material. Aside from that, I think some of the Targaryen crazy is going to come out of her at some point.:tongue:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I just got into Game of Thrones and have watched every episode, but it hasn't impacted me as much because the characters I like(Arya, Jon, Jorah and Tyrion) are still alive and well, never really cared about anyone else, I liked Drogo quite a bit and wish he lasted longer but oh well, plus I really wanna see Jaqen again, he was badass!
I was both happy and disappointed at the Purple Wedding, I would have liked a more brutal death for that little s**t. The Red Wedding was brutal for sure, but I didn't really care for any of those characters so wasn't that shocked lol.

Still I'm looking forward to the next episode :)

Zero

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Sorry if this thread is considered too old to bump. New to forum etiquette. I don't know how old is too old. >.<

I was just wondering if anyone else saw last night's episode? Red Viper vs. The Mountain....omg dude. XD Lol. I'm glad I'm not a book reader otherwise it wouldn't have been as...surprising.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
"Size doesn't matter when you're flat on your back."

Yes it does!!!!

I should have seen it coming when Jamie and Tyrion were talking about the beetles being crushed.
Still I was surprised!

The Final Offer

My biggest gripe was when they spoke to the actor about being the new member of the GoT cast. So I kind of saw it coming. Either way. Still ****ed. That was my favorite character.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Great ending to the episode and even though nothing should surprise me with Game of Thrones it still does week in week out, such a great character too and one of my new favourites. Cant wait to see what happens in the coming weeks but I am fearing for some characters lives now for sure. Most books/shows have these untouchable characters but Game of Thrones has ripped that rulebook into pieces and chewed it up and spat it out... utter brilliance.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I knew this was coming from reading the books, but the way they brought it to life on the TV was both awesome and pretty horrific. This is one of those times I wish they had deviated from the book plot and let him live. The actor who played Oberyn did a really good job and I wish he had been in it more.

Zero

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
He was a cool character...fortunately I know better than to get too attached to any character in GoT. Lol.

I especially liked his conversation with Varys. How they had completely opposing philosophies but still respected each other. Varys said "I've seen what desire does to people"...and later on Oberyn's desire for revenge turns out to be his downfall.

...I just love this show. I want to read the books... but I don't want to know what's gonna happen in the show. Somehow seeing things on screen has more impact than reading them. (For me anyway.) Ugh, I'm so torn. XD

Dark Drakan

Admin
The battle last night was awesome and some really good moments, largest scale I have seen them do on Game of Thrones so far.

Top Bottom