• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Game of the Year!

Game Of The Year?

• Mass Effect 2

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Red Dead Redemption

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meg

2010 is winding down and that means its time to hand out the Game of the Year Award! Please read the rules before posting your nominees.

Rules:

1) Any game released from January to now is eligible. Any game released in the second half of Nov to Dec will be eligible for the Game of the Year (So Far) Award next June. Simply because I know i'll forget again if I don't make this thread now. XD

2) You MUST have played the whole game in order to vote for it. None of this "Oh I played the first few levels" no. Reason being the first ten minutes of a game could be great, but then it gets really sucky. I'm looking at you, BBS. :mad:

3) Last time people had a hard time narrowing it down to one game to vote for, so this time you may nominate 2 games. Meaning you can vote for two games on the final ballot to.

4) A game must get two nominations from two different people before it can be put on the final ballot, so no using your two nominations on the same game. XD

Dat's about it. Once we get a good amount of nominees I'll ask a staff member to add a poll. If they don't mind. ._.

The Game of the Year (So Far) was won by Red Dead and Peace Walker. (I'm pretty sure) Let's see what happens this time. :)

My nominations are Final Fantasy XIII (shocker) XD and Persona 3 Portable.

EDIT: The following games have enough votes to be on the final ballot:

Mass Effect 2
Final Fantasy XIII
Red Dead Redemption
Call of Duty: Black Ops

Meg

^Ah crap! Typo. Thanks, Mr. Credo. Sorry about that. I meant to say all games released from January to now. Whoops.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Not a problem, I was gonna say, if that was the case, then my two favourite games of the year aren't eligible. :lol:

Okay, so since I can nominate two games, I'm gonna pick the following, and this is in no specific order of preference.

1: Mass Effect 2. I love Bioware, I love Mass Effect, 2 was superb. The storyline was enjoyable, the gunplay and combat was fun, the dialogue kept the game refreshing and interesting, the characters developed well, the conflict between characters kept the crew members on my ship fairly interesting and the companion quests were always fun and enjoyable too.

The romance sub-plots were also very well and very tastefully done as well, though I always seemed to go with Tali anyway, so I dunno what can be said for the others.

Also it's the only game I've replayed about 5 or 6 times.

2: Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
The only FPS game who's multiplayer segment has kept me interested even up to this point, and considering it was released in March, it's kept me playing longer than the original Modern Warfare did.

Whilst the campaign is...Well, crap, the multiplayer more than makes up for it for me. With the constant slew of patches to address bugs and the free game updates and map packs, I'm still getting my money's worth even now, it's just a shame the Battlefield series got beaten down yet again by bloody CoD.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
My votes would go to:

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Mass Effect 2

Personally, most of the games that I played this year are Game of the Year, but two choices are enough already.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Red Dead Redemption - Havent been so engrossed in a game world or character and story for a long time.

Mass Effect 2 - Yet another Bioware epic and an improvement from the fantastic original.

wallE156

The Devil's Advocate
Based on the games I've played that came out this year, I'd have to say Final Fantasy XIII.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Red Dead Redemption-Great characters, story and game world. It's like a GTA but western style, I love it.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
This year was pretty weak to be honest so its really hard to choose.

That said, I nominate the following games,

1) Final Fantasy XIII - The most beautiful RPG I've seen this generation of games. Also, it eschewed alot of tired JRPG mechanics that annoy me so much. So 1UP on that. That said, the overall story was weak. Its not the worst at all (FFIII and FFVIII is imo), but for an JRPG that tries to streamline the experience, the story needs to be awesomesauce, no, more than awesomesauce in fact. However, I was still interested enough in Lightning, Fang, Vanille, Sazh, and Snow to keep going on (Hope sucks) and I found myself becoming attached to the character. While the overrall story was not perfect, the characters were (cept Hope) and I give Square props for making compelling characters like this. Also, this battle system is pretty much one of the best made turn based battle system besides FFVII's and FFX-2's battle system. You can't get any better than that!

2) Bayonetta - This game, or should I call it Devil May Cry 5 :lol: is a game worthy of being played by everyone who claims to love stylish action games like Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden. It perfectly surpasses them all with gaming depth that almost rivals a fighting game. That said...the PS3 version (the only one I played) has stupid long load times. I didn't noticed the frame rate hiccups people complain about...but the loading...my god man. Even with the load times, the depth of the gameplay and the sheer hotness of Bayonetta (if you are a heterosexual male and didn't get a little hot from Bayonetta or Jeanne...you gay) pushed me forth. Capcom...can you please make a Trish May Cry?

I had a third GOTY but...I realized it was in 2009. So, thats it for me.

Here goes some runner ups for GOTY for me,

1) Fist of The North Star: Ken's Rage
2) Super Street Fighter IV
3) God of War III
4) Nier Gestalt

Ok, now I'm done. Every other game was unworthy imo.

Meg

Ok well I figure now would be a good time to cast the final vote. If a member of the staff would be so kind ;);) to make a poll for this thread. The games that made the final ballot are in my first post.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
To tie it up I voted Final Fantasy XIII as well.

EDIT: Its not my reasoning behind voting btw

Top Bottom