• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Game Informer Trolling Our Fandom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Angel of Death;290402 said:
Can somebody just send me a PM to me showing how i can make a thread?
Not the right place to post this.

Dammit, I said I wont post here anymore :lol:

Well, continue.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Esura;290400 said:
11 years worth of games and these ****ty ass characters are on the list...most of them being recent as hell. Game Informer is as bad as IGN now.

Yeah im with you on that one I don't know what the hell they were thinking with a majority of it.

Meg

@Angel of Death-Look for 'New Thread' in the upper left hand corner of each section. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to contact a member of the staff.

@Esura- I've lost a lot of respect for IGN lately. I don't know if Game Informer is as bad though. Think about it, if the magazine didn't include characters from the early 2000s then maybe they weren't as memorable as we think. :lol:

Sorry that was a bad joke.

aka958

Don't trust people
Storm Silves;290435 said:
You can't spell ignorant without IGN, but I can't come up with a pun for Game Informer...

Meg;290455 said:
Lame Informer?

Ok so that was bad to.

I like Lame Informer and IGNorance. I strongly disagree at most of their points but they at least express their points and try to back it up with, you know... some kind of evidence to why they dislike/like something.

Hell, that can't be said about many I know. It's refreshing to see some points actually being explained rather than "it sucks it sucks it sucks" or "it rules it rules it rules" I hear daily.

Game Informer made a stupid list? Cool. I could disagree and put in just FF characters in the list. But who would agree with me?

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
aka958;290428 said:
Why the hell is this list so important? Those lists are just for fun. :\

I agree that it can be just for fun but it is IMPORTANT that Dante is a part of this:). Here we are dealing with all the 'great personalities' and how can you just erase Dante from such an important list...the guy's got a unique character and he is one of his kind so it is quite a shock for me to see that his name is not below Mr.Kratos.

Devil Hunter 95

Supreme Trickster
All i can say is this: WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Also imagine a somewhat high pitched voice when you read it.

Vampi

moseslmpg;290151 said:
The only time Dante has been 1 dimensional is in DMC4. In DMC1 he was fine, in DMC3 he was appropriate for his age and his character actually developed, and in DMC2 he at least wasn't lame and corny even if they didnt explain why he was acting that way.

It seems like the memory span of the industry is getting shorter and shorter every year. I heard Bayonetta made the cut in some way though, which is ridiculous, since she is so 1 dimensional she almost doesn't exist in Euclidean space.

Ya know i have all the issues of G.I. in which they either previewed or reviewed a DMC game and they always call Dante badass. I guess since Kratos came along, with his cliche masculine emoness anger, they've turned against dear ole Dante.

Its sad that they put Dante in a bad category while they praise Bayonetta about her being stylish and all that...when Dante was the pioneer of being the first character who was stylish in an action game.

I still like G.I. though (Reiner is my fave reviewer). But lately there issues have dealt with mostly alot of western games. Since that's the fad now. Only western game i've liked recently is Darksiders. Everything else is either FPS and crappy MMO and angry, horny men with lots of gore in them. Nothing interesting there.

Dominus

Darth Angelo;290211 said:
Yeah I haven't liked Dante since 1 he knew when to pick and choose his moments and was never the same again.

What's that supposed to mean?

eh really? DMC1 Dante was pretty bad, see "soul filled with light" and "flock off feather face" lines for reference. He certainly was less mouthy but boy when he opened his mouth I would just cringe.

I'm assuming with the development cycle of DMC1, Dante's character came out half-baked, hence the really corny lines.. DMC3 Dante did talk a lot, but his one-liners complemented his immature character...while DMC1 Dante's lines sounded like one-liners from a Van Damme action movie...

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Dominus;290701 said:
eh really? DMC1 Dante was pretty bad, see "soul filled with light" and "flock off feather face" lines for reference. He certainly was less mouthy but boy when he opened his mouth I would just cringe.

I'm assuming with the development cycle of DMC1, Dante's character came out half-baked, hence the really corny lines.. DMC3 Dante did talk a lot, but his one-liners complemented his immature character...while DMC1 Dante's lines sounded like one-liners from a Van Damme action movie...

As his immature character in 3 seemed to be a mirror opposite of his personality in the last game it felt kind of forced even if he was 18/19 just seemed like an excuse to make him as shallow and arrogant as possible which they carried on back at the point where he was supposed to have grown up a bit post DMC1.
I guess a lot of it is the first impression you create of him and personal preference of what you want the real Dante to be like. You know those cheesy movies where the protagonist feels the need to make a wise crack in every situation and your just sitting there like "seriously dude give it a rest for 5 seconds" thats what I saw in Dante in DMC3. The ending and the library scene with Lady redeemed him a bit though.

Esura

Darth Angelo;290714 said:
As his immature character in 3 seemed to be a mirror opposite of his personality in the last game it felt kind of forced even if he was 18/19 just seemed like an excuse to make him as shallow and arrogant as possible which they carried on back at the point where he was supposed to have grown up a bit post DMC1.
I guess a lot of it is the first impression you create of him and personal preference of what you want the real Dante to be like. You know those cheesy movies where the protagonist feels the need to make a wise crack in every situation and your just sitting there like "seriously dude give it a rest for 5 seconds" thats what I saw in Dante in DMC3. The ending and the library scene with Lady redeemed him a bit though.

They probably made DMC 4 Dante more like his DMC 3 incarnation because, even though it was a prequel, it was the most recent DMC game I guess. But DMC 4's Dante is alot similar to DMC 1's than one might think, its just DMC 4 had better writing than DMC 1.

Also, Dante's wisecrack never made me cringe or anything like that. Actually, it was one of those few video games I played that wasn't some silent hero or something. While you had characters like Duke Nukem making jokes in games, hardcore action games really lacked a character that was more than just a silent badass. While its commonplace in action movies, it was damn near rare in video games at the time. Knowing that Dante was going to make fun of some demon later in the game was my main motivation for playing Devil May Cry, cause at the time I found it extremely difficult and was going to quit. Thats how powerful the effect Dante had on me, making him my most favorite video game character since Sonic back in the day, which is why I find it insulting that GI called Dante a "two-bit Peter Parker" yet Kratos, a character that shows no emotion other than angry, more angry, and even more angry is close to the top of the list.

aka958

Don't trust people
Esura;290775 said:
They probably made DMC 4 Dante more like his DMC 3 incarnation because, even though it was a prequel, it was the most recent DMC game I guess. But DMC 4's Dante is alot similar to DMC 1's than one might think, its just DMC 4 had better writing than DMC 1.

Also, Dante's wisecrack never made me cringe or anything like that. Actually, it was one of those few video games I played that wasn't some silent hero or something. While you had characters like Duke Nukem making jokes in games, hardcore action games really lacked a character that was more than just a silent badass. While its commonplace in action movies, it was damn near rare in video games at the time. Knowing that Dante was going to make fun of some demon later in the game was my main motivation for playing Devil May Cry, cause at the time I found it extremely difficult and was going to quit. Thats how powerful the effect Dante had on me, making him my most favorite video game character since Sonic back in the day, which is why I find it insulting that GI called Dante a "two-bit Peter Parker" yet Kratos, a character that shows no emotion other than angry, more angry, and even more angry is close to the top of the list.

So true. :D

Devil Hunter 95;290777 said:
Yeah! Wait... They actualy said that? Wtf! Spider-Man is cool!

I too think Spider Man is cool but... err... I got nothing. >.<

moseslmpg

Esura;290775 said:
I agree that DMC4 had "better" writing, but I think it is leap to assume that DMC4 and DMC1 Dante are similar. DMC4 Dante's attitude is totally different than that of DMC1 Dante, and is more like DMC3 Dante's.

I never really had a problem with DMC1 Dante though. The writing was to be expected given what point in the life cycle of the PS2 it was released at and how experimental the game was.

Esura

moseslmpg;290815 said:
I agree that DMC4 had "better" writing, but I think it is leap to assume that DMC4 and DMC1 Dante are similar. DMC4 Dante's attitude is totally different than that of DMC1 Dante, and is more like DMC3 Dante's.

I never really had a problem with DMC1 Dante though. The writing was to be expected given what point in the life cycle of the PS2 it was released at and how experimental the game was.

Well, actually, Dante in DMC4 was pretty much identical to DMC1, with DMC3 traits sprinkled for good measure. How is it that its a leap? Explain?

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
why oh why must the GI staff push my buttons every time DMC is mentioned?
Idk, but i'll just say ur GOOD thoughts...
DMC1- this was greatness, his taunts were were great (cutscene wise), his abilities were sublime, and he topples the king of hell (lets not forget Alastor either :D)

DMC2- wasn't too fond of him, thought he was too quiet, otherwise loved it

DMC3- my fave, reminded us that most ppl with that kind of power usually brag about it

DMC4- bugged me, if its after 1, y is he behaving like he did in 3?

thnx...not sure how dis relates now
just hope somebody can tell us :p
ps. on Kratos I totally agree, (flips bird to GI)

moseslmpg

There's not really anything in DMC4 Dante that resembles DMC1 Dante. He looks different and acts totally different. He acts more like DMC1 never happened. He acts like he doesn't care about anything, doesn't mention Eva or Mundus or Sparda or Vergil really. I just don't see the similarities; he's like a caricature rather than a character being continued from another game in the series.

Zato-OW

King
People do realize they DID base DMC3 Dante's character from Peter Parker? In DMC3 he even has some of the same exact quotes as Peter Parker. But I'm a fan of both so I don't mind it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom