• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Full trailer for DMC4 SE

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
tumblr_lgl97jENBN1qbdrch.gif

Ok, soooooooo

Trish and Lady playable is kinda cool and more interested in that over Vergil. But did they fix at least some of that game where it counts? At least, cutting down that stupid dice game? The sometimes atrocious camera? Timed jumping puzzels that spawn enemies every time you fail BS? Adding new levels? I mean come on, they copy and pasted enough the first go round.

RebeledgeYamato

Chronological Order: DMC3 -- DMC1 -- DMC4 -- DMC2

DMC3: Dante and Vergil meet after their meeting a year ago on their birthday. They fight. The End.

DMC1: Vergil and Dante fight (again). Vergil gains his memories back after having them being taken away by Mundus. He explodes. The End.

DMC4: Dante and Nero fight. Dante only recently discovers the existence of his nephew. He's purposely vague, much to Nero's (and the audience's) frustration. However, Nero figures things out for himself, and lets Dante go on his merry way unceremoniously, leaving the fans more confused than ever. The End.

DMC2: Dante is like, super-depressed and dark and brooding. I prefer this version. Dante goes to hell because he has nothing left to live for. Perhaps Nero died. One can only hope. The End.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the "official" timeline, Vergil would've had to have been 11 years old to sire Nero. So, the only way to fix this is to make Dante 39 years old in DMC4 instead of 29 years old (as it's speculated by the fans).

So, in other words, every time Vergil enters the picture, a retcon needs to happen. In DMC1, he was supposed to be dead for 20 years, but it turns out he has only been dead ever since he fell into hell in DMC3 because Mundus "killed" him or whatever.

So, Vergil loses himself to evil, sires a son at 18 years old (he and Dante are 19 in DMC3) and tries to raise his power level in order to protect his son.

In case Vergil failed, he sent his son off to the orphanage. Vergil then fails at the hands of Dante.

He is either now newly resurrected, or has been alive in hell all this time in a "Sleepwalking Mode" and has only just now been able to get out because Mundus was sent back into the Underworld by Dante (allowing for Vergil's escape, seeing as how Mundus' power was now greatly reduced).

Or, Vergil created a "magical clone" of himself at the age of 11, and left it on Fortuna (he gets to Fortuna using a hell gate or something). At the age of 18, he returns to Fortuna, and gives Nero a piece of his soul in case Nero should ever need help.

That "Soul-Piece" then transforms into Nero's arm when Nero was attacked in Mitis forest (right before DMC4 begins).

And the rest is history.

I was just about to say all this, ok most of this not all. I have zero doubts that the Vergil we will see is based on his presence earlier than we saw him in Devil May Cry 3 storywise. His movesets will be new but he will even younger or slightly younger than before he raised the Temini-gru tower.

I've read the spoilers of the tie-in novel of DMC4 so chances are this will happen. We might see an adaption of that book brought into the game. There were some good things about that book, some bad things but based on the new trailer we just got that's what's looking to happen....

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Geez, Chancey. What the **** did you expect from this game?

A miracle?? :rolleyes:

[I'm actually eating crunchy food right now, just like your gif, lol.]

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Sincerely, how can someone imagine that guy with a prosti? It doesn't fit him.

Astaroth123

The Mind shall vanquish the Sword
Sincerely, how can someone imagine that guy with a prosti? It doesn't fit him.

Well, i heard some guy said that he'd bang a prosti!

But i think he misinterpret the novel saying that reason why people believed the Nero's mom is a prosti is because no one knows his mother! so people quickly assumed him as "Bas**** child *" and Prosti were frequent during the past of Fortuna

Exejpgwmv

Okay, this looks really awesome, I'll definitely be getting it.
(Please don't **** it up. You will have actually crushed all of my faith in the original series if you somehow manage to **** this up.)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
That was never going to happen. If they didn't add them to the DE of DmC I don't think they'll do it for DMC4. What made you think of that as something that needed 'fixing,' anyway?

Refresh and look again, pal.
Why would DmC need to do that? DmC didn't copy and paste half the game and call it a day. They actually worked on it. And seriously, with 5 playable characters now, is it too much to ask to have at least one new campaign? Vergil's Downfall wasn't even just Vergil traversing Dante's levels. He had his own full blown mini campaign.

Top Bottom