• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fresh details of Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
He is producing it though, and it is actually called Metal gear Solid: Rising so whether it is or it isn't trying to be part of the main series it is certainly being pitched like it is.
If it was just called "The Rising" like Death By Degrees it wouldn't be so much of an issue they would be proudly introducing it as a spinoff and starting anew but it is being advertised like just another MGS game with cool new changes and that just because it has MGS in the title everybody who has ever enjoyed an MGS game should automaticly be mega hyped about it no questions asked. Which most of them are even though we still know next to nothing about it.

Wrong. It was never advertised as "just another MGS game", Kojima called it, "the next generation MGS5" while calling Peace Walker "the MGS5 inside me". Day one since its announcement they said it would be much more action oriented so this should not be a shock to MGS fans whatsoever. Kojima as executive producer stated, "it's a completely different kind of action than what has appeared in the series so far". They even changed the freaking tag line for Rising to Lightning Bolt Action.​

Also, as far as game info is concerned, theres quite a bit of info on it now....which Chaos Master has graciously posted. Don't know what more you want to know to be honest.​

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Also, as far as game info is concerned, theres quite a bit of info on it now....which Chaos Master has graciously posted. Don't know what more you want to know to be honest.​

Im just after some proof that it isn't a pointless whoring out of a cool new character for no reason other than people think it would be cool to play as him. KP are still being so tight with the info in this thread contained info from a guy who claimed he played it. All I have heard so far from the actual developers is.
  • Cut stuff
  • Set between 2 and 4 (but to be a cyborg it would have to be after he did all the important stuff.)
  • There will be online
  • The Zan-Datsu thing will be a core part of the gameplay
  • Less story more action
  • The stealth will be more of a wreckless "kill before your seen" style instead the old style.
  • Apparently some old characters returning.
I don't like the idea of this game for the same reason this movie didn't do well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfdrWtrsGfw
Was it action packed? Sure
Were the fights cool? Sure
Was there any point to it? No and thats why so many people hated it and it felt like they were abandoning everything people came to love about it for the sake of trying to appeal to too many audiences at once. Thats what Rising is doing they admitted that they are taking what non-MGS fans hate about it and changing it to please them first but try to looosley keep the feel of MGS to keep old fans happy.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Im just after some proof that it isn't a pointless whoring out of a cool new character for no reason other than people think it would be cool to play as him. KP are still being so tight with the info in this thread contained info from a guy who claimed he played it. All I have heard so far from the actual developers is.
  • Cut stuff
  • Set between 2 and 4 (but to be a cyborg it would have to be after he did all the important stuff.)
  • There will be online
  • The Zan-Datsu thing will be a core part of the gameplay
  • Less story more action
  • The stealth will be more of a wreckless "kill before your seen" style instead the old style.
  • Apparently some old characters returning.
I don't like the idea of this game for the same reason this movie didn't do well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfdrWtrsGfw
Was it action packed? Sure
Were the fights cool? Sure
Was there any point to it? No and thats why so many people hated it and it felt like they were abandoning everything people came to love about it for the sake of trying to appeal to too many audiences at once. Thats what Rising is doing they admitted that they are taking what non-MGS fans hate about it and changing it to please them first but try to looosley keep the feel of MGS to keep old fans happy.
Honestly, all this amounts to is you not liking the change and wanting another stealth game. Its not the games fault considering it was a conscience decision to make this game action packed and with less stealth as possible. They aren't making this to please non-MGS fans...they are making this to please the Raiden fans in a way...who are MGS fans, and lets be honest, you can't make a true stealth game with Cyborg Raiden.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
They aren't making this to please non-MGS fans...they are making this to please the Raiden fans in a way...who are MGS fans.

My gripe exactly, why are Cyborg Raiden fans so important all of a sudden? imo the only people who should like him are people who have only ever played 4 because they are the only ones who don't know how lazy and patronizing his character change was ("turn him into Grey Fox in both appearance and personality, he was cool people liked him that'll shut em up. As long as he is badass people won't care that we are just spoonfeeding them a clone of an already successful character"). Real fans of Raiden should want to actually see him doing the important story related stuff that actually helped build his character from 2-4 (you know the supposed reason this game is being made) but no we can't do that because then we would have to have him in his "fag human form" that nobody likes apparently so lets just have the cool cyborg Raiden and figure something out later. Sorry but people who only think Raiden was cool in MGS4 don't deserve to be given an entire game and I wouldn't class them as proper Raiden fans.

Honestly, all this amounts to is you not liking the change and wanting another stealth game. Its not the games fault considering it was a conscience decision to make this game action packed and with less stealth as possible..
I was actually hoping they would stop making games after 4 as it seemed to wrap up everything rather neatly. Even though I enjoyed Peace Walker it didn't really go anywhere did it? It didn't really explain anything important that we didn't already know, most of it was just a totally unrelated and unrealistic story for the 70's wedged in a small blank gap to fill it out and make it seem important when it wasn't. It was really just an excuse to make another Portable Ops with co-op and updated controls. I fear Rising will do the same thing only worse and considering the set structure of the story atm there isn't a lot they could work with that much other than maybe looking for Big Boss after the first failed attempt. Making this game fun but pointless and kind of insulting to the people who have been with the series for more than 3 years.

Top Bottom