• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Finally. Capcom confirms Nero as a new Devil May Cry 4 character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

capcom memberan

the game is back
Re: Finally. Capcom confirms Nero as a new character.

Crimson Lucy;5878 said:
Oh goodie. More story symbolism. Cant wait.

EDIT: something else I would like to add:

This means:

1. If Nero's powers are AWAKENING he couldnt possibly be Vergil

BECAUSE

2. I'm sure Vergil had to be "AWOKEN" to turn into Nelo Angelo

SO

3. Nero cant go backwards and "re-awaken" for Devil May Cry 4.

logic.
yeah nero will be the first player in this realease and the next one is dante

Solidus

Rebellion
Wouldn't it kick butt if we could play as Dante and have Alastor, Ifrit and Sparda (with DT of course lol)? And Dante have his own cutscenes and story ha. I guess that is too much to wish for.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Solidus;8640 said:
Wouldn't it kick butt if we could play as Dante and have Alastor, Ifrit and Sparda (with DT of course lol)? And Dante have his own cutscenes and story ha. I guess that is too much to wish for.

The return of Alastor would definitely make any DMC fan's dream come true (Let's hope it skewers Nero, bastard)
Also does any one know much about Nero's "devil arm"

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Each age that Dante has.................his powers change.................each Sword that he catch, changes..............soe bosses are different.............but almost bosses are different

Kaihedgie

Actually, from fairly recent news, Dante is a playable character alongside Nero, except that his role as the main protagnist is given to Nero. He wields the DMC 3 Rebellion along with his trade mark Ebony and Ivory. Nero merely has something against Dante since he killed off a lot of his followers, the Order of Knights, who are trying to undo the seal of Sparda.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
well.............that explains some stories............but i will see if it is true
but some words ur right................Dante has the Rebellion since DMC3 that he will carry along to DMC2

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Nero is no match for Dante... Even if his hand looks cool (strange to say that), he is just mortal. No matter how hard he tries, he will never be like Dante

hold up... you guys are debating whether Nero is the main person or not?...well, he is, and it confuzzzzes me because all the screen shots u see of DMC4 are all of Dante. but ya, Nero is main character, he's a hunter too, but he's tryin to stop Dante...why cant they just team up...? -_-....(and no...sorrrry, its not vergil :-/ )

Atikkin

Shrine Child
As I read in the magazine. Nero supposedly is the new main character to DMC4. That's okay, I guess. But I like the original. Can't have Devil May Cry without Dante. It just doesn't work. So it's good that the markers are keeping Dante within the game, otherwise, I would think of it as boring.

But anyway, starting a conversation:

Here's what puzzles me a bit. Why would the makers put THIS guy in the spot light, and not Dante? What is so special about Nero?

I read through out this entire forum that Nero may be Vergil. But that's just speculation. If it were true, then it would make sense why Nero is the main character. However, everyone knows Vergil perished in DMC. Sure, there are the possiblities that he could come back. I could think up of a a thousand possible ways.

But right now, all I could think is that the only connection Nero has to the Sparda twins is Dante. Through the trailer, Dante mentions something briefly to Nero. There was something Nero had that belonged to Dante. The devil like arm perhaps or something else? There is such a massive smoke screen to all this that it's too hard to see what is going on.

What do the rest of yor guys think?

Atikkin

Shrine Child
Yes. But most people, including myself, are just speculating about the issue. The bare facts are needed to conclude it. The situation that is really irritating me is Dante not being the main character. Why in God's name would Capcom *or whoever made DMC* would switch Dante as a side character, and Nero as the main one?

D

Deleted member 209

Nero doesn't look nethin like Vergil tho not really. He jus wears their two colours.

Did nebody hear that he is the reincarnation of Vergil? :)

Mr. Kook

My theory:

Nero and Dante are mutual protagonist/antagonists and both will be playable characters.

Some points:

Nero: highly probable or confirmed points
Given: Nero is a good guy.
Given: Nero is part of this Order of Knights that serves/worships the legend of Sparda.
Given: Nero and Kyrie have a relationship of some sort.
Given: Nero really doesn't like Dante, at least at one point.
Given: Nero tries to kill Dante.
Given: Nero has something that belongs to Dante.
Unknown: We do not know if the Knighs are good guys or bad guys.
Unknown: We do not know if there is a more powerful third party pulling strings.
Unknown: We do not know Nero's biological heritage.
Unknown: We do not know the source of his weird arm or where he got his sword.

Dante: highly probable or confirmed points
Given: Dante is a good guy.
Given: Dante kills demons.
Given: Dante has a lot of toys/demon artifacts
Given: Dante initiates an attack on Nero and the Knights in a temple setting.
Given: Dante has killed humans in other DMC installments*
Given: Dante kills some Knights.
Given: Dante does not want to kill Nero**
Given: Dante is still his cocky self
Unknown: What did Nero take from Dante

General game points:
Given: Basic monsters everywhere.
Given: Nero is constantly killing basic monsters.
Given: Dante will be constantly killing basic monsters.
Given: At least one fricking huge demon must be dealt with.
Unknown: The Knights do not necessarily know who Dante is.
Unknown: The source of the basic monsters everywhere.
Unknown: The significance of the rediculously big fire demon, is he a plot important villain (Mundus DMC1), or just a really big nuissance like the building dude in DMC2?

*DMC2, main villain was human for most of the game, Dante faught and defeated him first as a human.
**Will let Nero go if he returns what he took from Dante

Now on to the meat of my theory.

I believe there is a third player aside from Nero and Dante. This player is the true villain. Nero is a pawn. Dante is a Devil Hunter. Over the course of the game Nero will grow into an extremely powerful Hunter himself as he learns what is going on.

I think Nero and the Knights took something from Dante, most likely the amulet and probably also a Devil Arm (the right gauntlet of Ifrit?). They did this under the command of the higher villain and (Nero at least) were not aware their actions would open the gates of hell.

Dante comes after Nero to retrieve what was stolen. Through the course of his troubles Dante learns of Nero's power and more of his role in this whole debacle. Dante may also learn of the role of the Knights.

In the temple fight scene Dante butchers the Knights. These Knights were either truly evil or Dante acted in self defense. I personally favor the former.

In a later part of the temple fight scene Dante offers to let Nero go if he hands over whatever it was he took. Dante dodges Nero's attacks and is plainly trying only to be evasive and not kill the poor dupe.

I suspect the temple fight scene ends with the gates of hell opening and the very large demon coming through. At this point, I suspect Nero realizes Dante is an allie and not an enemy. At this point also, the main villain is revealed to both pro/antagonists. The good guys team up and through two different viewpoints kill the villain.

On the origin's of Nero: I would not be surprised if he is a son of either Virgil or Dante and I would not be surprised if Kyrie is his mother. Nero bears a striking resemblance to the Sparda twins (platinum white hair, same height and build, same fighting style) and has the power to control devil arms. If you'll recall from DMC1 and DMC3, Devil Arms must be defeated by their possesor before they can be controlled. Clearly Nero does possess some demonic qualities.

That's my theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom