• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Finally. Capcom confirms Nero as a new Devil May Cry 4 character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Lucy

Re: Finally. Capcom confirms Nero as a new character.

As for the similarities in appearance between Dante and Nero, Kobayashi gave a couple of reasons for that design choice. "The silver hair and coats are symbols that make it easier to recognize the series' protagonist," Kobayashi said. "There is also a deeper meaning [to their similarities]..."

Oh goodie. More story symbolism. Cant wait.

EDIT: something else I would like to add:

. The awakening of these powers in Nero will apparently make up one of the plot elements in Devil May Cry 4.

This means:

1. If Nero's powers are AWAKENING he couldnt possibly be Vergil

BECAUSE

2. I'm sure Vergil had to be "AWOKEN" to turn into Nelo Angelo

SO

3. Nero cant go backwards and "re-awaken" for Devil May Cry 4.

logic.

Chrysander

Thanks for posting this. I'm not drawing any conclusions right now, I am so bewildered by all this information and new game elements that it seems anything could still be possible story-wise and character-wise. Plus this developer guy is ****ing me off a bit with his 'Hahar, do you want to play as Dante?' stuff. Of course we want to play as Dante. I am soooo pumped for TGS, just because of DMC4. I want to hear the announcements about the game OH BABYZ

maverick7

i think it is vergil either way. maybe capcom made a mistake on putting nelo instead of putting nero. either way, i think its vergil because he is wearing blue. if u look closely at the picture, u can see that they both wear a white large thing that looks like a wristband.

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker

Crimson Lucy;5877 said:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157410.html?action=convert&click=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;3

SO STOP YOUR SILLY VERGIL SPECULATION!!

It takes place AFTER DMC1, THEREFORE he cant be "VERGIL" because he was "NELO ANGELO" in DMC1.

The end. goodnight.

Hmm...this makes me wonder,but bro,they didn't say anything to CONFIRM that he is not Vergil.Plus,what do you think they meant when they said"There is a deeper meaning to this similiarities"?
And hey,we Vergil fans are hoping he's Vergil because we like Vergil and want him to return in DMC4.Why does it bother you so much?And why are you always looking for chances to call people silly?>_< I mean...geez....Why do you have to be so rude in each one of your goddamn posts?:mad: You act as if you get burnt everytime someone expresses a different opinion from you.Why don't you just chill?:huh:

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

LOL
i knew that Nero is a new character.......all the time :D:D:D

Captain Liberty

A True Swordmaster

Well I don't think it's Vergil either as I'm pretty sure they released Vergil concept art (similiar to the dante in snow stuff) but I cannot find them now so I may have been wrong. But I would prefer it if Nero had some ties to Dante and Vergil, perferbly some type of blood tie but after DMC3 i'm happy to let capcom do what they think. I think after 2 knockouts they deserve the benifit of the doubt for now and I'm going to wait for the reviews to judge.

*Crosses fingers that dante is playable>_< *

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

Dante is always playable.......................coz he is the main character Morgan

Mundus

OK! I will begin by saying that I havent posted here in a while so... "Hello!".
From what I understand so far, Nero is a human, that has aquired demonic powers through his arm which was possesed or cursed (Same difference to me). I am under the impression that it is Vergil, who possesed/cursed his arm. I dont have anything to back this (Yes I know) crazy idea up with the exception of the following. "From that day forth, my arm changed. And a voice echoed... Power. Give me power!" Sounds like something Vergil would say with the "Give me power!"? And is it me, or does the Red Queen look alot the Nelo Angelos sword? Perphaps Vergils physical form was destroyed when Dante defeated Nelo in DMC1, and now he is trying to.... what in hell am I talking about? Anyways tell me what you guys think, and im probably doing something wrong by posting this here in Crimson Lucy's Thread! (SORRY! :p ) Too lazy to make my own :lol:)

Mundus

KingJordan;5980 said:
Capcom sure knows how to make people think.

Indeed. :p
Really excited about DMC4, and with the little bits if information that I have, I can only guess about whats going to happen. :lol:

Captain Liberty

A True Swordmaster

d4rkn1ght;5942 said:
Dante is always playable.......................coz he is the main character Morgan

We dunno about that dude, Solid Snake was the main character in MGS2 and they did something very similiar to this one and replaced Snake with some guy called Raiden (in a very smiliar manor to this one so far).

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

ya...................or it could be such as Onimusha 3: Demon Siege

Rumor

Nero can't be Vergil, Nero's character design looks much younger then Dante's, if Nero were Vergil then they would look the same age.

Unless Vergil's time as Nelo Angelo somehow altered his aging...

Personally I think he's Dante's kid, ;)

Crimson Lucy

Why would Dante be against his son.

The story sounds like a whole accident. Dante is after Nero because he doesnt realize Nero and him have the same objective.

I'm willing to bet eventually Dante becomes an ally (sooner than later).

Mundus

What I do know is that, Nero is not Dantes son, and he is not Vergil. But he is in fact, somehow connected to the two, I just dont know how yet. :p (P.S. Darkknight, I really wanted to let you know that... you are butchering the english language, and that I hope your doing it on purpose.) :D

Mundus

Well, Capcom did say hes not Vergil, so theres your proof! Im pretty sure they wouldnt lie about something like that. Besides, he is after all, alot younger than both Dante and Vergil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom