• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite Live-Action Batman Actor (Remake)

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Thread got deleted with the technical issue, bringing it back.

So, favorite live-action Batman actor?

This time I'm going in-order from best to worst, imo.

latest

So Christian Bale's my favorite because, imo, as I said before. Whoever plays Batman, has to play 3 roles. The Batman, the playboy, and the real Bruce Wayne. The one only his closest allies see
And in my opinon, Bale's the only one who plays all three.
That, and he's the guy who made me a Batman fan again, at a time where I was losing interest.
And, again, voice didn't bother me that much. (Cept during the "WHERE'S YUR TRIGGER!?" scene from The Dark Knight Rises)

Untitled-183.jpg

Second favorite is Michael Keaton.
Okay so if the Burton fans haven't already began cursing me for putting Bale above Keaton, hear me out on why.
First off, I love Keaton's Batman, as I said the character is really 3 roles, and as far as I'm concerned, when it comes to Batman alone, Keaton is the best.
But I have reasons why I like Bale a bit more.
One, while I love Keaton's Batman, I'm not a huge fan of his Bruce Wayne.
And like the others, but unlike Bale, Keaton felt more like he was just playing 2 roles rather then 3.
Also, with, admittedly, some exceptions, Bale's Batman tries to keep to the "No killing" rule.
Keaton's killed the Joker, and stuck dynamite down a man's pants and walked away as he blew up.

latest

Okay, so, he's pretty much the opposite of my number one.
Bale's is angry and vengeful.
West's is campy and funny.
I'm not gonna lie, I was born in 1992, and grew up on Burton's movies and the animated series. I like my Batman dark and broody.
However, it was the 60's, times were different then and honestly, at-least West put effort in his portrayal, and was entertaining.

83964_full.jpg

Then it's Val Kilmer.
I really don't have much to say for, or against Val Kilmer's Batman.
He's not really terrible, but I wouldn't call him good, I personally think he's kinda bland.

George_clooney_as_batman.jpg

George Clooney as Batman is absolutely atrocious.
He put no effort in his performance.
And, remember how I said I like Bale because he played 3 roles, while most of the actors play 2?
Clooney plays 1. In my opinion there is 0% difference between his Batman and Bruce Wayne.
I don't think I need to go further, it was freakin Batman and Robin, one of the worst superhero movies ever made.
So that's my list from best to worst, I'm probably gonna edit it when Batman v Superman comes out, or make a new thread (probably that)....That being said​
LvCUvW6-e1434758499218.png

ben-affleck-batman-1200x800.jpg

If this list was based on the look alone, Affleck would be number 1. He looks like he's straight outta the comics. Plus anyone who's seen his more recent movies know that Ben's acting chops have improved, so I'm actually pretty excited.

Your thoughts?​

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
ok, Still
number one is Val Kilmer striking good balance between Batman and Bruce Wayne and by putting more life in Wayne's persona

Than Michael Keaton for being classic one. He's pretty much what Batman should be, but his Wayne persona is somewhat lost on Batman's background

third is Adam West for being funny and campy.

fourth is Christian Bale. Honestly I can't remember much of him. He was overshadowed by big story in first movie, outperformed and outclassed by Heath Ledger in second and considering third movie was a mess, I can't say he really left any serious impression as Batman.

fifth is Clooney. Well if Bale was just of sort of there for me, Clooney is one of the things that should never happened to a batman.

Top Bottom