• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite game console? ^_^

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
My first console was the original playstation, so I have a lot of childhood memories from it. But my dad still owned his Commodore 64 when I was little, and I played on it often. But my favourite console is the good ol' PS2 :) the rest of my childhood (and the start of my teens) was centered around it. It had many great games, Jak & Daxter was my first game for it and is one of my favourites ^_^. I still find myself playing on it now and then :), mostly with games I never got to play.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Ebony;291134 said:
^ Wow that's a blast from the past - I remember that logo with his eyes. I thought I was so cool 'cuz I had Zool! lol.
Yeah, we sold a load of our old consoles, I totally regret it. My brother downloads loads of emulators, but it's just not the same.

For a console that used Floppy Disks it will live in gaming legend forever as one of the best.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I honestly have no favorite, but if I HAD to choose, it'd be my trusty SNES. Barring that, my Sega Genesis (Megadrive for you UKers).

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Dark Drakan;291141 said:
For a console that used Floppy Disks it will live in gaming legend forever as one of the best.

Yeah I noticed that Zool pic was the cd-rom and I thought nooooooo floppy disks were the best! :lol:

@DT - I always wondered why the megadrive/genesis had different names. Does anyone know why?

wallE156

The Devil's Advocate
Ebony;291151 said:
Yeah I noticed that Zool pic was the cd-rom and I thought nooooooo floppy disks were the best! :lol:

@DT - I always wondered why the megadrive/genesis had different names. Does anyone know why?
They just call different things in different countries, idk if there is a substantial reason or not. For instance the NES is called the Famicom in Japan. And the SNES is called the Super Famicom.

wallE156

The Devil's Advocate
Ebony;291157 said:
Oh yeah the Famicon! I remember that now. :)
Not only names but for whatever reason they look different too. For instance this is what the NES/Famicom looks like in Japan.

FamicomConsole.png

Gaming companies did this less and less as games got newer though. By the time we got the N64 and the Playstation systems had the same look and names internationally.

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
Mine is definitely PS1...I still remember the day when my dad brought it home for me...one of the wonderful moments in my life...Love you dad and love you my old PS...

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
My favorite consoles are, PS1, PS2, PS3 (you can see where I'm going with this).

Game Boy Color, Nintendo DS, and PSP are my favorite handhelds of choice.

aka958

Don't trust people
wallE156;291294 said:
^^^^ I don't care what anyone says, the PSP kicks ass ^_^

Oh yeah. The PSP is easily my favorite handheld, and I've had a gameboy, gameboy advance SP and I have a Nintendo DS. None feel as great as the PSP in my opinion.

Actual console would be... the... PS, PS2 and PS3.
Nintendo 64 was a great console but the PS games are like the home of the FF games nowadays. :D

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
aka958;291319 said:
Oh yeah. The PSP is easily my favorite handheld, and I've had a gameboy, gameboy advance SP and I have a Nintendo DS. None feel as great as the PSP in my opinion.

Actual console would be... the... PS, PS2 and PS3.
Nintendo 64 was a great console but the PS games are like the home of the FF games nowadays. :D

The only reason I like DS over PSP...the only reason is because its 10x more durable than a PSP. I dont know why, but my PSPs be falling apart with ease. I'm on my third NEW PSP, and this stuff normally happens after the warranty passed so I have to get a brand new one. I'm still on my first USED DS Lite.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
wallE156;291108 said:
Sonic 2 was awesome! lol Have you played Castlevania on the NES??

Not on the Nes, but i did download a Nes Emulator just to play other Castlevania games.
I don't know why, but the Castlevania on the Mega Drive will always be my fave.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
my favorite system? definitely my PS2, 2nd only to my Genesis/Dreamcast (loved them equally)

wallE156;291108 said:
Sonic 2 was awesome! lol Have you played Castlevania on the NES??

OMG!! I LOVE THAT ONE THE MOST!!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
wallE156;291166 said:
Not only names but for whatever reason they look different too. For instance this is what the NES/Famicom looks like in Japan.

FamicomConsole.png

Gaming companies did this less and less as games got newer though. By the time we got the N64 and the Playstation systems had the same look and names internationally.

The Famicom had a save feature instead of passwords as well, correct?

aka958

Don't trust people
Esura;291322 said:
The only reason I like DS over PSP...the only reason is because its 10x more durable than a PSP. I dont know why, but my PSPs be falling apart with ease. I'm on my third NEW PSP, and this stuff normally happens after the warranty passed so I have to get a brand new one. I'm still on my first USED DS Lite.

My PSP is actually in a really good shape after two years. The only worry it has is it's stupid battery. Due to using discs it just burns the battery through and nowadays I have to recharge every 4th hour. While I've just recharged the DS about 5 times and played over 120 hours on it I have recharged the PSP at least 15 times for the same amount of time.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Xbox 360. Not for hard-design purposes. Or for features. I don't even care that much for Microsoft. I just simply have the most fun with it.

Top Bottom