• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite DMC game?

Meg

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition! :D

It had all the awesome-ness of the original DMC3, but now with a playable Vergil! Not to mention, an additional difficulty level, and Jester boss battles. I've spent more hours playing DMC3 than any other game (except maybe Dark Souls) and I am always willing to play more. :happy:

For my second favorite, it's hard to say. I do love the combat in DMC4, but the creepy atmosphere of the original is hard to pass up.

Hmmm....it's hard to say which is my third favorite. DMC2 and DmC were both underwhelming. And while the combat in DmC is way better, it's dull in both games. Not to mention, DMC2's mediocrity is kind of endearing in a way. Although, DmC does have cool level designs. So it's hard to say.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
DMC2 and DmC were both underwhelming. And while the combat in DmC is way better, it's dull in both games. Although, DmC does have cool level designs. So it's hard to say.
Can I just... ?
No? Ok, then.

Reactions: Jak

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition! :D

It had all the awesome-ness of the original DMC3, but now with a playable Vergil! Not to mention, an additional difficulty level, and Jester boss battles. I've spent more hours playing DMC3 than any other game (except maybe Dark Souls) and I am always willing to play more. :happy:

For my second favorite, it's hard to say. I do love the combat in DMC4, but the creepy atmosphere of the original is hard to pass up.

Hmmm....it's hard to say which is my third favorite. DMC2 and DmC were both underwhelming. And while the combat in DmC is way better, it's dull in both games. Not to mention, DMC2's mediocrity is kind of endearing in a way. Although, DmC does have cool level designs. So it's hard to say.

And DMC1?

berto

I Saw the Devil
My favorite DMC is the reboot one.

Alright guys, don't shoot! Let me explain.

Yeah, go ahead and shoot.

matrix-smith-dodging-bullets-o.gif

You guys got nothin' on me.
matrix-dodge-this-gif.gif

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
While 3 was still a fun game it seriously is not what Devil May Cry should be defined as as a whole.
Kidding me? Dante's Awakening is exactly what a DMC should be; Dante beating the sh!t out of people and cracking one-liners like a goddamn hammer. NT tried the same with the reboot, but of course they made Dante curse like a goddamn rapper and they went on with their hidden political agendas, which were as hidden as a f-cking bear in a soccer field.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Kidding me? Dante's Awakening is exactly what a DMC should be; Dante beating the sh!t out of people and cracking one-liners like a goddamn hammer. NT tried the same with the reboot, but of course they made Dante curse like a goddamn rapper and they went on with their hidden political agendas, which were as hidden as a f-cking bear in a soccer field.
Are you for real?

People are over exaggerating the swears and it's an M rated video game. Does it have to apologize for the bad language? You're swearing in your comment here. Like you actually give a crap.

And political agenda? Are you f#cking kidding me? It is a SOCIAL SATIRE. Look it up and educate yourself. DmC obviously doesn't take itself seriously because it is as silly as a bear playing soccer as you put it.

WHOOSH!

It clearly pokes fun at a lot of things with satirical over the top fangs because that is the freaking point of it all. To be ridiculous.
:meh:
You just don't get it.

Sunaka Marién

Am I seeing right? Are you guys already arguing again? :bored:
Anyway, on topic.
My favorite is DmC, quite obviously.
I love (almost) everything about it - the envirionments, the music, the gameplay, the characters, the writing - it's the game closest to what would be a 'perfect' game to me.

Bazilican

No, DMC should strive to be how its original intended it to be; DMC1. But with different groups comes different results.

Funny how people say Donte curses too much, and yet he's only said a total of like what 10 or 15 cuss words. And even then, suck it up, Dante's always been cussing. Just because he drops the F-bomb doesn't mean people have to lose their sh!t.

But whatever, I'm just gonna leave that alone.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
You got me wrong. I am not against Dante cursing. I do understand and I've stated it several times in other threads that NT went for a realistic approach, and of course a 20-something year old man, grown up and hardened by life will cackle a few dirty words now and then. Yes, reading it now, it does seem like I am against New Dante's language, but trust me; I am not.

I don't like how the game handled the social satire (as you put it), though. It wasn't very subtle. It was clear from the moment Bob Barbas showed up, or should I rather say Rill O'Beilly showed up, that the game was poking fun at Fox News. Plus, the whole 'they control in the background' thing, it was a clear reference to those underground societies conspiracy theorists talk about, like 'Illuminati' and stuff. Oh, and the whole 'secret ingredient' stuff? A nod to Coca-Cola.

But yes, you guys are right. We should stop arguing before I start to enjoy this.

berto

I Saw the Devil
No, DMC should strive to be how its original intended it to be; DMC1.
There is a certain je ne sais quoi about it, isn't there? There are no other games in the franchise quite like it; there is just something missing from the rest.

Funny how people say Donte curses too much, and yet he's only said a total of like what 10 or 15 cuss words. And even then, suck it up, Dante's always been cussing. Just because he drops the F-bomb doesn't mean people have to lose their sh!t.

But whatever, I'm just gonna leave that alone.
I think it has more to do with the insincerity of the words rather than the frequency of 'em. They get thrown around in a very juvenile fashion and it comes off as a rather infantile attempt at cursing rather than what you'd think an adult would talk like.

Bazilican

I think it has more to do with the insincerity of the words rather than the frequency of 'em. They get thrown around in a very juvenile fashion and it comes off as a rather infantile attempt at cursing rather than what you'd think an adult would talk like.

But I can't help but feel if it was coming from Reuben Langdon's mouth and new Dante was still old Dante, then no one would bat an eye.

berto

I Saw the Devil
But I can't help but feel if it was coming from Reuben Langdon's mouth and new Dante was still old Dante, then no one would bat an eye.
Maybe. When Nero did it I remember people were glad Dante didn't so it's not as though it hasn't been brought up before. I don't think it should be that big a deal ether but as long as it isn't come off sounding raw, dumb, forced, or puerile I don't have an issue with it.

Bazilican

Maybe. When Nero did it I remember people were glad Dante didn't so it's not as though it hasn't been brought up before. I don't think it should be that big a deal ether but as long as it isn't come off sounding raw, dumb, forced, or puerile I don't have an issue with it.

You mean like when in the anime Dante called the warden a "pudgy f*ck".

Top Bottom