• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

fallout 3 or resistance 2?

Enigmatic_soldier

Evolve today!
i want to buy a new game so far fallout 3 and resistence 2 r the only ones atracting my attention of those two why one do u guys recomend i buy?

Keaton

Premium
^Most people I have spoken too reccomend Fallout3, I don't have either game so I can't offer a personal opinion ^_^

If your stuck for choice why not try renting them both for a few days to get a feel for them :)

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Fallout 3, easily, Fallout 3 is delightfully well done, the story is rather compelling, the game world is immersive and the gameplay is quite frankly outstanding, once you get used to the depressing undertones of the scenery, it becomes an enjoyable experience from start to finish, to be honest, it quite resolutely sits in my Top 5 Current Generation games.

The scenery can get a little drab and samey, but the gameplay and design choices more than make up for it, you'll find yourself spending more time exploring the Capitol Wasteland in its vast expanse rather than playing the actual story, if you've played Oblivion, the Wasteland is about the same size as Oblivion's world of Cyrodill.

At first, I wasn't sure about the game, but then it sort of grew on me, I found myself enjoying every brutal, bloodied moment of the game, right up until the god awful ending, but aside from that, I can fault Fallout 3 for absolutely nothing.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Love Fallout 3 and never played Resistance 2 but i can guarantee there is more gameplay time to be had in Fallout 3.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
As Keaton said, I too don't have any. But i'd say buy resistence 2. It's not everyday the PS3 gets a decent exclusive ^_^.

aka958

Don't trust people
i've played fallout 3 but not resistance 2. i highly reccomend fallout3 because it is so awesome

The Da3dra

Master Of War
If you like FPS then I'm sure either game is a treat. But I'mma have to cast my vote for Fallout 3 as well. I just love the whole post apocalypse thing :)

Dark Drakan

Admin
The Da3dra;152200 said:
If you like FPS then I'm sure either game is a treat. But I'mma have to cast my vote for Fallout 3 as well. I just love the whole post apocalypse thing :)

Although Fallout 3 is played mainly in an FPS style i wouldnt class it as an FPS game personally. Id say its an RPG with some FPS elements. The VATS system is superb and i dont tend to play the game like a traditional FPS much.

aka958

Don't trust people
i would agree. if you want a real fps (like a good sniper and extreme shotgun) i maybe think you should take resistance 2. i just think that one is more fps than fallout3. fallout is like oblivion with guns.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
aka958;152217 said:
fallout is like oblivion with guns.
I'm not trying to flame but I absolutely hate when people say that.

I know plenty of people that despise Oblivion but love Fallout3.

Just because it is made by the same company doesn't mean you can lump it in with the rest of their games.

It has a few elements, and I use that term very lightly, in common with oblivion. But for all intents and purposes it is most definitely not Oblivion with guns.

Second the guy that started this is banned what's the point of even carrying on the conversation? :lol:

Dark Drakan

Admin
The Da3dra;152233 said:
I'm not trying to flame but I absolutely hate when people say that.

I know plenty of people that despise Oblivion but love Fallout3.

Just because it is made by the same company doesn't mean you can lump it in with the rest of their games.

It has a few elements, and I use that term very lightly, in common with oblivion. But for all intents and purposes it is most definitely not Oblivion with guns.

Second the guy that started this is banned what's the point of even carrying on the conversation? :lol:

Yeah i know lots of people with the same opinion too and kind of does it a disservice in a way calling it Oblivion with guns. Even Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation said he thought it would be Oblivion with guns but then said it most definitely is not. Oblivion is a great game and Fallout 3 is a great game but they are both very different although they do have some similarities as they use different versions of the same engine and some same ideas.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
Dark Drakan;152249 said:
Yeah i know lots of people with the same opinion too and kind of does it a disservice in a way calling it Oblivion with guns. Even Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation said he thought it would be Oblivion with guns but then said it most definitely is not. Oblivion is a great game and Fallout 3 is a great game but they are both very different although they do have some similarities as they use different versions of the same engine and some same ideas.

THANK YOU!!! YOU ARE QUITE LITERALLY ONE OF THE COLLEST PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM!!!

Dark Drakan

Admin
The Da3dra;152250 said:
THANK YOU!!! YOU ARE QUITE LITERALLY ONE OF THE COLLEST PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM!!!

:lol: well i appreciate that but i didnt need telling, i thought that was common knowledge. :p

:lol: just kidding, much appreciated. ^_^

Top Bottom