• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

F-bombs; What's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I thought the Poison scene was funny as hell. Childish....maybe but heck many comedy shows resorts to some childish humor. All forms of humor can be humorous whether its ghetto(Boondocks), stereotypical/racist(Dave Chapelle), sexual(that ZTV News video), disturbing(Nick Swardson), gay(Tosh.0), classy/smart(Frasier), or childish(South Park).

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I thought the Poison scene was funny as hell. Childish....maybe but heck many comedy shows resorts to some childish humor. All forms of humor can be humorous whether its ghetto(Boondocks), stereotypical/racist(Dave Chapelle), sexual(that ZTV News video), disturbing(Nick Swardson), gay(Tosh.0), classy/smart(Frasier), or childish(South Park).

heh...boondocks. love that one.:D

DragonMaster2010

Nitro-plus what is that?
Look it up

Sonicomi? Is it something I can fap to?

images

Well...she...has large breast, so...Yeeaaahhh?:/

DragonMaster2010

Is it an action adventure game
No

, does it uses 3d modeling/graphics outside images or 2d sprites/figures,
Kind of

is it a fighting game?
No

Can I make ryona vids of it?

Go on Youtube and look it up. Not a big fan of the game, but can't deny her "assets."

Railazel

Here's the thing the guy in the red and blue tight's ,even though i am an avid fan, difficulties and background cannot be compared to Dante's. Am i saying one is more tragic than the other? no. BUT the background is extremely different. The spider dude is raised by his aunt and uncle after his parents die and faces difficulties in high school and later is bitten by a radioactive/genetically engineered/what-ever-else-you-wanna-call-it spider. And later swears to protect the people of his city after the death of his uncle that he blames himself for.

Now Dante, on the other hand, probably didn't know his mother and father. It's been confirmed he has been tortured, in orphanages and other institutes when he was growing up, by demons that only he (and a select few) can see. He also has to fend for himself since it seems that he doesn't know he has a brother and is labelled by the media and most people around him as a terrorist.

Now you might be asking yourself, "Why the balls is this douche telling me the history of these two?" well it's elementary my dear......Railazel....(sounded way better in my head). These two have different backgrounds and thus different views, tolerances, and attitudes. The red and blue tights dude...oh Spiderman there you go...is a normal guy whose life is transformed by being bitten by a spider. The incurring loss of his uncle and his following guilt is what drives him to be a hero and you know be responsible while at the same time allowing him to be this witty guy because the mask acts as another ego and really lets him loose. Dante is treated,presumably, badly (in light terms) at an early age and is treated like an outcast. He knows little about his parents and knows that he doesn't belong in this world, that he's the only one and that facilitates loneliness. Now these two factors contribute to his crude, lewd, and aggressive manner because he knows the demons are what caused all this to happen to him. Thus, confirming why Dante cursing is not a big deal.

Ah, but you forget that Spider- Man has lost more than just his uncle. Don't forget the deaths of Norman and Harry Osborn, and Gwen Stacy.

Even though their backgrounds are different, the argument can still hold that, since they both have experienced high levels of trauma that no normal person can withstand without breaking down, and the fact that there characters have similarities, it can be arguable whether Dante's cussing is right or not when compared to a hero who has gone through as much trauma and hardly cusses.

Personally, if Dante doesn't cusses, I would consider him a stronger character for it.

(You guys owe me for this).

DragonMaster2010

Ah, but you forget that Spider- Man has lost more than just his uncle. Don't forget the deaths of Norman and Harry Osborn, and Gwen Stacy.

Even though their backgrounds are different, the argument can still hold that, since they both have experienced high levels of trauma that no normal person can withstand without breaking down, and the fact that there characters have similarities, it can be arguable whether Dante's cussing is right or not when compared to a hero who has gone through as much trauma and hardly cusses.

Personally, if Dante doesn't cusses, I would consider him a stronger character for it.

(You guys owe me for this).

Uh...Well to me if this Dante didn't cuss he'd be another sterotypical hero who's afraid to cuss or get down and dirty. New Dante to me is like Mugen from Samurai Champloo and if Mugen doesn't curse every now and then, I'd call him soft and not even that cool. Mugen is supose to cuss because that's how he was raised in Ryukyu, tortured, a pirate, and just down right brutal. So why is it that everyone has to set standards for this Dante saying "he should cuss like this" or "He shouldn't cuss at all." just because he's the alternate universe character of someone who doesn't cuss. If Old Dante was in a DMC movie and it was rated R, I'd say that it should be PG since he obviously is to Japanese stereotypical anime hero to cuss.

Railazel

Uh...Well to me if this Dante didn't cuss he'd be another sterotypical hero who's afraid to cuss or get down and dirty.

A hero can get down and dirty without cussing. Not cussing doesn't make a character stereotypical either. Dante can very well be the same character without cussing; and, really, all it'll do is make him more likeable (especially considering that it'll be hilarious if he has sex with random women yet doesn't say a single cuss word).

Again, I don't mind the cussing, I just hope they would do it better than what they have shown.

DragonMaster2010

A hero can get down and dirty without cussing. Not cussing doesn't make a character stereotypical either. Dante can very well be the same character without cussing; and, really, all it'll do is make him more likeable (especially considering that it'll be hilarious if he has sex with random women yet doesn't say a single cuss word).

Again, I don't mind the cussing, I just hope they would do it better than what they have shown.

Can you give me an example of what you'd see as better ways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom