• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

F-bombs; What's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
don't forget about this one dragonmaster:

so it's not the cussing people have a problem with, it's a vendetta they have with THIS dante.
anything "bad" that they can pick out and use against this game, they will.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
don't forget about this one dragonmaster:
so it's not the cussing people have a problem with, it's a vendetta they have with THIS dante.
anything "bad" that they can pick out and use against this game, they will.

Not always true Chocolate dude. I'm totally cool with DmC Dante and I'm not looking for reasons to hate this game. But the cursing seriously bothers me, no lie.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Not always true Chocolate dude. I'm totally cool with DmC Dante and I'm not looking for reasons to hate this game. But the cursing seriously bothers me, no lie.
well i'm not talking about EVERYBODY. i'm sorry i should have been more specific. i'm talking about those guys that, even though they don't like the game and don't plan on purchasing it, watch every single DmC video, they go out of their way to bash it, and basically troll everything it does. *coughcoughcapcom-unitycough* (man there must be a cold going around)

Zargus

Do you know how to install true FEAR?!
Premium
well i'm not talking about EVERYBODY. i'm sorry i should have been more specific. i'm talking about those guys that, even though they don't like the game and don't plan on purchasing it, watch every single DmC video, they go out of their way to bash it, and basically troll everything it does. *coughcoughcapcom-unitycough* (man there must be a cold going around)

Myself I do not have a problem as long as it is used correctly.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Prototype 2, Every CoD game, Max Payne, The Darkness 2. Im pretty sure Hitman, The last of Us and many more in the future will have vulgar language.
doesnt every M rated game, today, have some swearing in it? That goes for movies too that are rated R.

The cursing in DmC only happens when Dante is face to face with a demon, so who really cares. He's saying **** you to a demon, big deal. They deserve it right, just like Poison deserved to get her face chopped off. The next thing we're gonna hear is how its too violent now.
I never thought the past DMC games even deserved an M rating. But because its dealing with demons and killing them, i guess thats the only reason why, but the demons were never the kinds of demons i would ever expect. In DmC, these demons are down right grotesque and menacing, insulting and pure evil. they are demons. And i feel i have an obligation to kill every last one of them, not just because they are demons, but for what they've done to Dante, so **** them all and their human allies as well

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Myself I do not have a problem as long as it is used correctly.
He only cusses at Demons, that seems pretty fair to me. He doesn't cuss at kat, or that angel girl who is nagging him (stupid bitch).
Im not saying that he'll only cuss at demons becasue he just might but from what i've seen so far, his hatred for demons reflects in his dialog

Zargus

Premium
He only cusses at Demons, that seems pretty fair to me. He doesn't cuss at kat, or that angel girl who is nagging him (stupid bitch).
Im not saying that he'll only cuss at demons becasue he just might but from what i've seen so far, his hatred for demons reflects in his dialog

But there is cussing and then cussing being used correctly to be funny. Most games you named just use cussing for the sake of it. Prototype 2 for instance nearly every time you complete an event and got a medal James Heller says "Hell ****ing yeah!" It got boring after like 3 times. If it is used in a funny way then yes it will be great. But if he is just going to say 'F*** you' after he got a 'F*** you' from Poison it will get boring very fast and just be like most games with swearing in. No point in it being there.

If Dante replied with something like 'Why would I you giant sack of puss? Why don't you just go back to whatever part of Hell you came from and go play a game of hide and go f*** yourself.' that would have been a better response then just 'F*** you' That would show his hatred and at the same time be fresh so that it would not get boring fast.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Prototype 2, Every CoD game, Max Payne, The Darkness 2. Im pretty sure Hitman, The last of Us and many more in the future will have vulgar language.
doesnt every M rated game, today, have some swearing in it? That goes for movies too that are rated R.

Boondocks Saints comes to mind. When NT said they were making a serious adult game, that doesn't mean there can't be a little fun in it, right? If it was all serious then it would be boring.

The cursing in DmC only happens when Dante is face to face with a demon, so who really cares. He's saying **** you to a demon, big deal. They deserve it right, just like Poison deserved to get her face chopped off. The next thing we're gonna hear is how its too violent now.
That's something I see happening in YouTube, Capcom-Unity, and the name we will never mutter here. *Cough*E.S *Cough*

I never thought the past DMC games even deserved an M rating. But because its dealing with demons and killing them, i guess thats the only reason why, but the demons were never the kinds of demons i would ever expect. In DmC, these demons are down right grotesque and menacing, insulting and pure evil. they are demons. And i feel i have an obligation to kill every last one of them, not just because they are demons, but for what they've done to Dante, so **** them all and their human allies as well

I never thought DMC deserved an M rating since there was hardly anything that bad in it. In DMC1, understandable. DMC2 no. DMC3 At least fot Teens. DMC4 okay sure. But even so, DMC isn't a game that I would call hardcore or that violent. Plus those "Demons" in 3 and 4 just need to be different colored, not curse, and you can easily call then Heartless and put them in Kingdom Hearts.

Domenic93

But there is cussing and then cussing being used correctly to be funny. Most games you named just use cussing for the sake of it. Prototype 2 for instance nearly every time you complete an event and got a medal James Heller says "Hell ****ing yeah!" It got boring after like 3 times. If it is used in a funny way then yes it will be great. But if he is just going to say 'F*** you' after he got a 'F*** you' from Poison it will get boring very fast and just be like most games with swearing in. No point in it being there.

If Dante replied with something like 'Why would I you giant sack of puss? Why don't you just go back to whatever part of Hell you came from and go play a game of hide and go f*** yourself.' that would have been a better response then just 'F*** you' That would show his hatred and at the same time be fresh so that it would not get boring fast.
I think this is exactly what I've been trying to say

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon

Didn't he say, "i'm your prom date you sack of ****" i thought that was hilarious. And he bows to her, tells her she's doesnt look a day over 12,000. The whole conversation, to me, was hilarious and the only parts that people seem to focus on in the **** you, **** you part. although i think that part is funny too

Zargus

Premium

That is only the demons we see in the game. Sometimes there are demons who are good and want to protect (Sparda), humans who are just as evil as demons (Arkham), humans who are good, and in some instances angels who are evil too (Darksiders comes to my mind)

The demons in this are grotesque, disgusting and menacing and pure evil but that is not to say all of them are evil.

Didn't he say, "i'm your prom date you sack of ****" i thought that was hilarious. And he bows to her, tells her she's doesnt look a day over 12,000. The whole conversation, to me, was hilarious and the only parts that people seem to focus on in the **** you, **** you part. although i think that part is funny too

I was including the whole thing from where Dante says "I'm your prom date you sack of ****." I just thought it would have been better if he would have said what I put. Not saying that it is wrong but to me it would get boring quick. The convo was kind of like Dante's with Nevan except he does not insult her.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

I don't know about that. Even if it's used the "right" way, it still would get boring. If someone (in my opinion) kept using the curse words in the right way, then they're lines will sound reharsed and like they've practiced this line many times before. I liked that Dante replied with "F*ck you" because he's not some comidian who's reharsed they're lines over and over, he's a punk kid from the streets who fights demons. I don't really want this Dante to say reharsed one liners just because. It makes him (in my opinion) seem fake and over used.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
That is only the demons we see in the game. Sometimes there are demons who are good and want to protect (Sparda), humans who are just as evil as demons (Arkham), humans who are good, and in some instances angels who are evil too (Darksiders comes to my mind)

The demons in this are grotesque, disgusting and menacing and pure evil but that is not to say all of them are evil.
i get what your saying, but from Dante's perspective, i doubt he cares about any demon at this point. they gotta be the top 5 ass kissers to get on Dante's good side, if you ask me

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I was including the whole thing from where Dante says "I'm your prom date you sack of ****." I just thought it would have been better if he would have said what I put. Not saying that it is wrong but to me it would get boring quick. The convo was kind of like Dante's with Nevan except he does not insult her.

I thought for sure Dante was going to have sex with Nevan, and i didn't think for a second that was going to happen with Poison.

Zargus

Premium
I don't know about that. Even if it's used the "right" way, it still would get boring. If someone (in my opinion) kept using the curse words in the right way, then they're lines will sound reharsed and like they've practiced this line many times before. I liked that Dante replied with "F*ck you" because he's not some comidian who's reharsed they're lines over and over, he's a punk kid from the streets who fights demons. I don't really want this Dante to say reharsed one liners just because. It makes him (in my opinion) seem fake and over used.

But it would not be him having rehearsed one liners. I probably would have had him say it after she asked him something like "Well look what we have here. Are you here to take me out?" or something along those lines after he was thinking like he was actually contemplating taking her her.

Plus just in my eyes it would not get as boring if he just replied with just "F*** you." To me I have seen that been down a lot of times and in real life so it is old.

i get what your saying, but from Dante's perspective, i doubt he cares about any demon at this point. they gotta be the top 5 ass kissers to get on Dante's good side, if you ask me

I am not saying that Dante would instantly team up with them if their was good demons. They would have to prove themselves but actually helping him or saving his life before he probably believed them

I thought for sure Dante was going to have sex with Nevan, and i didn't think for a second that was going to happen with Poison.

True but it would have been funny if Dante thought about it like he was actually thinking about it before he come back with what I said like he was getting Poison's hopes up before dashing them and insulting her at the same time.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I wanted to talk about the small issue going on with DmC about Dante using the F-bomb; I don't see a problem with it. It feels as though just because he said F*ck you like two times from the footage we've seen a lot of people hate him even more. I also don't like how people compare one liners with both DMC3 Dante and DmC Dante. DMC3 Dante is anime based, while DmC Dante is real life based. They're obviously gonna sound different in terms of trash talking. So I just think people hating the way he speaks simply because of two F-bombs is pretty unreasonable. It's like with Nero from DMC4. People say he cried millions of times in DMC4 when he's actually only cried two times in the entire game. And he's only screamed Kyrie's name three times, one of them cause she was dying. I just think it's pig headed to suddenly find another excuse to hate the game just cause Dante said F*ck you two times.
1: Nero dropped the F-bomb in DMC4. Granted you had to get a certain rank and do certain combinations and fight a certain enemy for him to do it, eg. you had to work HARD to get Nero to drop it.
2: It's an M-rated game.
3: He's a TEENAGER. Teens (and adults) need to stop being hypocrites. Like the loud-mouth protesters have never dropped a few Fbombs themselves. Tsk.
4: I'm glad I don't have to work to get Dante to swear. He's just vulgar in that way. Cheapskate. I luv it.
5: Dante was headed to the F-bomb route anyway. I would like to take credit for being the first to make him swear in FF. And now it's legit BABEH! :D :D :D

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
I thought the F-bomb battle between Poison and Dante was hilarious xD I just felt like it fit the mood.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
1: Nero dropped the F-bomb in DMC4. Granted you had to get a certain rank and do certain combinations and fight a certain enemy for him to do it, eg. you had to work HARD to get Nero to drop it.
2: It's an M-rated game.
3: He's a TEENAGER. Teens (and adults) need to stop being hypocrites. Like the loud-mouth protesters have never dropped a few Fbombs themselves. Tsk.
4: I'm glad I don't have to work to get Dante to swear. He's just vulgar in that way. Cheapskate. I luv it.
5: Dante was headed to the F-bomb route anyway. I would like to take credit for being the first to make him swear in FF. And now it's legit BABEH! :D :D :D

Gotta give you respect.

ji-high

If only i could sig this.... The whole thing has been blown WAY out of proportion. Its getting ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom