• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

EVERYONE NEEDED FOR THIS!!

Who is Better based off gameplay?

• Sparda

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Nero

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Both

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
God....i just can't argue with u..every single time u outsmart me...good play man....but i ain't talking about in the story..i'm talkin about gameplay..and for those of u smart alecs who want to say "we weren't able to play a sparda"..i mean the costume..and i'm talking about fighting style weapons and dt

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
KNDSVCloud;147131 said:
God....i just can't argue with u..every single time u outsmart me...good play man....but i ain't talking about in the story..i'm talkin about gameplay..and for those of u smart alecs who want to say "we weren't able to play a sparda"..i mean the costume..and i'm talking about fighting style weapons and dt

You made some very good points yourself ^_^

Game play wise you say? Well, I easily hand this one to Nero. Simple reasons really, a costume means nothing to me. Nero is Nero, not a costume. He's fun to use, what with his sword and his Devil Bringer. Only concern with him game play wise are his guns. I wish he had more. But apart from that, this gets handed to Nero.

Zato-OW

King
Well it really depends on what version of Sparda we are talking about. Sparda after the rebellion war is like >>>>>Nero and Sparda during the rebellion war is like >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nero. Either way he loses.Game play wise, Sparda doesn't have a character and is only a skin in all of the DMC games. Only in DMC1 you could use the Yamato as Sparda costume but its still the same animations as Dante's attacks.

Sparda™

Either gameplay-wise or storyline-wise, I choose Sparda.

Even though a skin, unlimited DT and regeneration, beats hands down the Devil Bringer.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Since the thread maker clarified that he insists on discussing this taking into account that Sparda is a costume for Dante then I'll vote.

Definitely Sparda. First of all, in gameplay he has more weapons, better Devil Trigger (I swear, Nero's Devil Trigger only heals you and lets you deal more damage, no greater speed, no power to stand your ground when enemies hit you etc etc), the Styles - which give you far more awesome opportunities and abilities to outsmart your enemies during gameplay (first of all all Styles have many moves whereas the Devil Bringer only has 3 - and to my personal opinion, the move in which Nero uses enemies as a shield is almost worthless:p yeah I'm biased), and not to mention who looks cooler during gameplay. While playing we can see Sparda's demonic shadow even when he's in human form - showing us th difference in how awesome a true demon is in comparison to half-demons and humans who only have a bit of a demon blood running in their veins.

Nero's gameplay is more like: attack->evade->shoot->snatch->devil bringer->repeat with little variations.

Sparda's (well Dante's) gameplay is more like:

attack->style->another style->gun->change weapon and attack again->and many many many more variations on this.

To be honest, even Vergil who only had one style, could allow for more variation during gameplay making it all far more interesting.

So for all these I vote for Sparda (Dante's costume anyway). Even if he hadn't Unlimited DT, he outranks Nero in every regard except maybe the fanbase in which Nero seems to have the upper hand given the fact that we have yet to see Sparda appearing in more than just a Dante skin.;)

Darcy Willows

Substitute Soul reaper :D
isnt sparda full daemon whereas nero is only part daemon that would make him more powerful but i do like nero more, but in a fightn i reckon sparda would cream nero

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i agree...nero just doesn't know his full power...but true demon or not...i think nero would kill because he can use the DB and all...plus he has something to fight for, Kyrie...where's Sparda's love was killed..and i don't think he's packin any revenge with him....he's old and weak

Zato-OW

King
Sparda's old and weak? Then you say they fight for their love ones. But Nero still lost to Dante trying to save Kyrie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom