• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Eva was a Witch?

Human or Witch?

• A Witch i Tell You! Let's Burn the Witch!

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Human

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters

IncarnatedDemon

Like Berto said "As long as the lincense holder hasn't defined something i don't mind acknowledging creator's "stuff" ".

What crime has Team Little Angels done? Did Capcom give Eva a great backstory? No.

All she was is "The mother of Dante and Vergil, wife of Sparda, who died protecting the twins".

Great work Capcom. I am clapping for you. GREAAAT WORK!

No if you want to point at Team Little Angels and say "Look at them corrupting DMC", you should ask "Did the lincense owners do anything with Eva?".

Not really.

And its a reason why i think Capcom ruined DMC from a overall perspective.
Thats not to say that DMC games , 2, 3 and 4 was all bad.

But from a story and character perspective i am very disappointed. Especially Dante's story and life.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
No, what annoys me ( since I'm only talking by myself) about this situation it's the fact past 12 years people who has nothing to do with the franchise anymore are still bitter about something they had created to a company, not for them as individuals.
They perpetual "shout outs" and " take that" are unpolite and unprofessional, since they're are less than discreet about their references.
If Eva has not a better backstory is indeed Capcom's guilt, but it doesn't allow outsiders come forward telling you" I know better about your things than you do". It just doesn't fit to them doing those things.
The notion of Eva being the mother of Dante and Vergil, wife of Sparda, who died protecting the twins is per se something beautiful and meaningful for a lot of fans, more than being an "army of one" badass who probably fights naked using her hair or whatever.

Yeah, you have the right of asking Capcom to give you something better, but Kamiya has not right of being a spiteful "child" who just can't get over his past. He is even problematic to his team: his president Minami is always having troubles with Kamiya being a troll on his twitter, calling every kind of names to his fans and skipping his work. He is not a child, he is a 42 years old man,he should act differently, unless he has some brain damage or is taking drugs. He is even overtly chauvinist calling people foreigners. Knowing Kamiya, I would not surprise if he decides in the next game( whatever it could be) Eva was a stripper and prostitute because he said so.
We are deal with a person who doesn't know his boundaries.Yes, he made something good in his past, but it doesn't give him rights of abusing someone's future.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
No, what annoys me ( since I'm only talking by myself) about this situation it's the fact past 12 years people who has nothing to do with the franchise anymore are still bitter about something they had created to a company, not for them as individuals.
They perpetual "shout outs" and " take that" are unpolite and unprofessional, since they're are less than discreet about their references.
If Eva has not a better backstory is indeed Capcom's guilt, but it doesn't allow outsiders come forward telling you" I know better about your things than you do". It just doesn't fit to them doing those things.
The notion of Eva being the mother of Dante and Vergil, wife of Sparda, who died protecting the twins is per se something beautiful and meaningful for a lot of fans, more than being an "army of one" badass who probably fights naked using her hair or whatever.

Yeah, you have the right of asking Capcom to give you something better, but Kamiya has not right of being a spiteful "child" who just can't get over his past. He is even problematic to his team: his president Minami is always having troubles with Kamiya being a troll on his twitter, calling every kind of names to his fans and skipping his work. He is not a child, he is a 42 years old man,he should act differently, unless he has some brain damage or is taking drugs. He is even overtly chauvinist calling people foreigners. Knowing Kamiya, I would not surprise if he decides in the next game( whatever it could be) Eva was a stripper and prostitute because he said so.
We are deal with a person who doesn't know his boundaries.Yes, he made something good in his past, but it doesn't give him rights of abusing someone's future.
He made Bayonetta so..... yea.

I would love it for him to make a sequel to something that actually deserves it, Viewtiful Joe.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i just see it as a shout out that might have same basis on canon as i think one guy on ign said that Dante was brought back to life after the initial attack 20 years ago through Eva channeling power throught his amulet so in Kamiya's head she might be one.

I'm not saying she is the same kind of witch as Bayonetta because i dont think the idea for bayonetta was fully formed when DMC1 was concieved nor does she have to be the same kind of witch as Bayonetta if you decide to do so.

Witches in DMC havent been defined yet (amongst so many other things) so you could do what ever you want.

Im okay with the idea tho since it would be interesting to see how dante and Vergil deal with the information and dealing with the idea of their parents not being perfect people or who they thought they were.

I rather DMC take risks and be bold/daring than be safe and dull like the anime.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
You know what after seeing the Eva is a witch thread there is no point to continue so forget it.
There. That's what I meant. The complete dismissal of the other person's post.

I'm not condemning you for it -- I'm just pointing it out as to why I think you might be behaving somewhat erratically with people you disagree with.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
There. That's what I meant. The complete dismissal of the other person's post.

I'm not condemning you for it -- I'm just pointing it out as to why I think you might be behaving somewhat erratically with people you disagree with.

Sir you have no idea what your talking about please be silent.

You obviously missed the intent of that comment.

That thread is rather old and I felt we derailed this thread....were clearly not on topic and this is a pretty stupid topic since its not going to go nowhere and I have a speech and math essay to finish so there would be no point/time to continue.

Plus Gel perfectly sums up my point. I don't think Eva is a witch and I gave you reasons why. Until I'm proved otherwise I'm sticking to it. I've seen people still argue that Nero isn't Vergil's son....now that is a more critical topic to discuss too bad we already did....(all 20 pages of it).

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
In Bayonetta it states that Eva is a witch...the reason is that she made a pact with the legendary dark knight... being a witch you are still a human you just gain supernatural abilities...the theory goes that when a witch makes a pact with a devil at the end when she dies the devil gets theirs soul...but the contemplation goes that ,in theory, when sparda "died" Eva lost her powers given the reason she became a regular human and succumbed to her death alas DMC 1 story line...that is the theory after all...But Kamiya did state that she was indeed a witch...and Umbra Witch to be exact

Top Bottom