• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Eva was a Witch?

Human or Witch?

• A Witch i Tell You! Let's Burn the Witch!

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Human

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DmC isnt the same universe as DMC. Or is that to hard concept for you?
It's still a Devil May Cry game so what I said stands. The only witch that truly exist in the Devil May Cry series is Kat. Doesn't matter how hard you try to wish it away. DmC is still a Devil May Cry game and still part of this franchise. Is that a hard concept for you to grasp?

IncarnatedDemon

It's still a Devil May Cry game so what I said stands. The only witch that truly exist in the Devil May Cry series is Kat. Doesn't matter how hard you try to wish it away. DmC is still a Devil May Cry game and still part of this franchise. Is that a hard concept for you to grasp?
Ok, let me then be more spesific.

There is no witch in DMC side of Devil May Cry.

End of story.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
My memory is clouded, could you be kind and get the evidence that supports your claim that Eva was not a witch?
You not knowing the history of Eva doesn't imply a fuzzy memory but makes me think you never even played Devil May Cry. There's no indication ANYWHERE in DMC to imply Eva was a witch that summoned Sparda and entered a contract with him. A simple reference in Bayonetta doesn't count because these games are NOT THE SAME THING OR PART OF THE SAME UNIVERSE.

Kamiya also makes references to Viewtiful Joe and Okami in Bayonetta. I don't see you trying to connect those games with Bayonetta somehow.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I don't mind having a simple discussion about the subject matter be you Demon are just insanely hard to talk to and really stubborn. You just believe whatever you want and shrug off anyone who tells you any different. You did it with the whole thing about Bayonetta 2 and you keep doing it.

I don't care anymore. Just believe your own personal head canon and fanfiction. If you wanted to believe Sparda fought a legion of cybernetic flying ninja monkeys you can.

(in fact, Mundus's legion being cybernetic flying ninja monkeys sound pretty awesome, Where's that DMC game?)

Whatever.

IncarnatedDemon

Fine by me. I don't want to discuss with people who mix DmC and DMC as 1 and same universe for their own twisted sake of making the reboot look more valid by refering to it as if it's part of the original.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Hold on ! i need some fanboy goggles to dig onto this one again..

\
20a3668f5e41172f613551aa4e8d0fe5911925d8.jpg

berto

I Saw the Devil
And there is no indication that Eva wasn't a witch.
I'm sorry but this is not a valid argument. It also never indicated that she wasn't an alien but that doesn't mean that it's evidence that she was.

In most descriptions of Eva it was said that she was human, that a demon and a human parented Dante. Witches in the Bayonetta canon are closer to demons than humans so there is a significant difference between witches and humans, therefor if she were a witch that would be something significant enough to go on her biography.

On the other hand, it's not like adding to a character after her creation is unheard of. I still hold to notion that the creators have reign over their creations and not the fans or even those who hold the copyrights.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
In this I have to agree with Berto, one of the main points on DMC canon is Dante's humanity, the greatest gift his mother had given him. If she was other kind of person or had someting special it would be told.
We know too what Dante cherishes most is his human soul. If Eva was a witch, that would mean she had sold his soul to a devil, for whatever reason, she would be exactly like people Dante despise: those who sell their soul for power or other egostical reason.How would Dante deal with it?
About creators trying to acting or interfere with a canon or creation they hold no more power: this lead me to think this reboot, this erasing from the older canon, was partially made to avoid Kamiya's constant intromission on something that it is not his anymore.He had his part, he was reluctant to continue and now seems so obsessively attached to something he should let go.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
And if that Bayonetta reference somehow became true then the history of Eva and Sparda we know already will suddenly not be true. It doesn't work.

Bayonetta also makes references to Okami and Viewtiful Joe but, you're not trying to connect any dots with that stuff.You can't just pick and choose here.

The only witch that exist in the Devil May Cry franchise is Kat. I don't remember any other witches.

Bayonetta herself isn't what I'd considered a witch. Some kind of giraffe lady who took pole dancing lessons seems more legit.

Top Bottom