• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Eva was a Witch?

Human or Witch?

• A Witch i Tell You! Let's Burn the Witch!

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Human

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters

IncarnatedDemon

In Bayonetta Eva is referenced to be a witch who made a contract with a legendary dark knight. Many of the same developers who worked on DMC 1 went on to work for Platinum Games, Bayonetta. From Team Little Devils (DMC1) to Team Little Angels (Bayonetta).

Description: Eva, a truly extraordinary witch, entered into contract with a legendary dark knight, and then faced the amassed armies of Inferno. These bracelets were made by her hand, and those wearing them are said to become true masters of Witch Time at their very will.

Eva.jpg

^ Personally i think she looks very supernatural in that picture.

So what do you think, do you believe Eva was a human with no connection to magic or occular powers?

Do you think she was more than a human?

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
Well, personally I think that Kamiya and co. are still attached to the DMC series. Especially with all the easter eggs between Bayonetta and DMC (still can't believe she called Dante's guns "cheap toys".

And when you think about it more, Dante has the ability to control time in DMC 3, 1, and 4. (Don't remember seeing that in DMC 2 and DmC...pfft). It doesn't seem like a far-fetched idea when you put it together...

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
But in DMC3 his hability on controlling time was given by Geryon and in DMC4 was that item called chrono something. It doesn't seems to me that characteristic belonged to him already by genetics.

Britt690

But in DMC3 his hability on controlling time was given by Geryon and in DMC4 was that item called chrono something. It doesn't seems to me that characteristic belonged to him already by genetics.
Oh yeah...still would have been a neat idea though.

Hey, when I think about it, Bayonetta used Ebony and Ivory as her "first" weapon, when you start the game, and Jeanne uses Luce and Ombra doesn't she? Ha!

Given the elusive story of Eva though, I think she was a human. Because if she was a witch, I think DMC would be a different game series. ^_^ There is a thought lingering of mine that she could have practiced a little magic/alchemy here and there, but this is all speculation, for me at least anyway. And how odd is it that DMC 1's braclet and hers are very similar in appearance.

Gel

Premium
While I do not agree Eva was an Umbra witch, she could be somekind of a "pharmakis", an old type of healer or something, since in games we found constantly descendents of priests and "sacred people", so why not? Being a witch doesn't imply you're not human.
Bayonetta doesn't call Eva an Umbra witch, but an extraordinary witch and even that has nothing to do with DMC, it doesn't mean we cannot especulate about it.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Looking at her clothes she gives off a exorcist vibe. As if she's a priestess who excorsises demons or something.
To me she just seems a woman wearing an elegant dress, maybe with a red stola or something like that... :/ I guess it's all a matter of impressions.

I never played the Bayonetta games, so I can't tell if what is said there matters for DMC.

Since you divided in your poll between human and witch, is that a difference of 'race' like humans and demons? I ask because historically witches were human women that obtained powers from a pact with devils.... So, not a different race, like, you know, elves or demons could be. Magic came to them from their activities/studies/rituals... So before I answer to the poll, I wanted to know what you meant.

In my personal imagination, Eva could be exactly that, a human woman who studied black arts or something like that, and so came in contact with demons like Sparda.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I just got through explaining this too you. It doesn't work. Man, what's with you?

Told you that you were just wasting your breath. See how many brain cells you had to sacrifice just to communicate with this person and other like-minded people?

berto

I Saw the Devil
I will give my impression as is. This is what I think.

I think that creators have ruling over characters and universe; until Capcom would specify otherwise what those who created DMC say goes so if they say that Eva is a witch I can't dispute it. I can dislike it, I can say I am displeased, but I can't dispute it.

With that been said I don't believe that when Eva was create she was a witch. I believe she was human when they thought up and finalized the character and therefore I am going with human. Until told otherwise by sources official that is what I see as fact.

Britt690

Told you that you were just wasting your breath. See how many brain cells you had to sacrifice just to communicate with this person and other like-minded people?
SO...it's WRONG for people to talk about something not matter what the subject is?

IncarnatedDemon

I think that creators have ruling over characters and universe; until Capcom would specify otherwise what those who created DMC say goes so if they say that Eva is a witch I can't dispute it. I can dislike it, I can say I am displeased, but I can't dispute it.

With that been said I don't believe that when Eva was create she was a witch. I believe she was human when they thought up and finalized the character and therefore I am going with human. Until told otherwise by sources official that is what I see as fact.
Wow your like me!

To me the picture of Eva, she gives off a priestess vibe. Liek if she is affiliated with demonic activities.

Gel

Premium

You're right Berto, Eva is just a woman who married Sparda and happened to be the mother of the twins.
Kamiya only described an Eva who happened to be a witch because it was a game about witches.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
You know what I mean. The only witch we have in Devil May Cry is Kat.
there are demon witches as well, but i was referring to the kind if witch kat is. except i think dante's mother was a fighting witch. so she would have been able to defend herself and her children

Top Bottom