• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Eva could not be as human or innocent as we though...

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Kamiya designed practically the whole Bayonetta universe with DMC in mind. It's allusions to Devil May Cry go above and beyond any references it makes to other games' series.
and yet there i no indication it's same universe. Same case as with Xengears and xenosaga

Veloran

and yet there i no indication it's same universe. Same case as with Xengears and xenosaga
Well Bayonetta heavily suggests it's the same universe.

Devil May Cry doesn't. Mainly because, well, the last mainline DMC game came out before Bayonetta was even a thing.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014

Devil May Cry doesn't. Mainly because, well, the last mainline DMC game came out before Bayonetta was even a thing.
Well in DMC1 never was suggested Eva fought along Sparda against demons, and it was before Bayo. So most likely it's more of reimagining than canonization

Reactions: Gel

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

It's just a creator referencing his own work. Not the same universe. If it was, then we could also say Viewtiful Joe and Okami are there as well for the references made to those series.

Reactions: Gel

berto

I Saw the Devil

Yes but it also hints to be in the same universe as Viewtiful Joe and other Kamiya games. Bayonetta is far too far fetch, even by DMC standards. It's downright slapstick at times and while DMC is over the top it's never been that nutty.

Goldsickle

Sure , but Kamiya was the guy who made fun of DMC4 when it was released, but had no qualms in replicating it over and over.
He admitted that he played half of DMC4 as research for Bayonetta, while acknowledging that what he did back in DMC1 is possibly outdated by today.

Top Bottom