• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ebony & Ivory

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Haven't you ever wondered how a teenage girl could learning to accurately reload her gun in mid- air, hoister a missile launcher on her back, ride and control a motorcycle like Evil Knievel, climb a 100- ft tower without getting tired, and showoff acrobatics like she just came from a circus? Come on, her bio in the game described her as "weak." Weak!? If that's weak then I must be freakin' worm! She has to have some demon blood in her. (Note: I know this isn't true, but I would like to believe so).
didja c the thread about Sparda & Dante's guns? the whole thing about two lovers? maybe that also explains how she gets stabbed in the thigh, somehow resulting in an X-shaped wound/scar and she just gets back up like it ain't dat serious...or confuse u on what my point is :p

Railazel

didja c the thread about Sparda & Dante's guns? the whole thing about two lovers? maybe that also explains how she gets stabbed in the thigh, somehow resulting in an X-shaped wound/scar and she just gets back up like it ain't dat serious...or confuse u on what my point is :p
Heck, I was about to get to that! That chick just can't be normal.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
DMC is like a Anime where all the characters including the humans have Anime like strength. So it makes sense why Lady seems super strong. If you remember in Dante and Lady's fight Dante easily over powers her. It's the Japanese and their dreams of having god like strength. Lol

I don't blame them because I want god like strength too. Lol

Railazel

DMC is like a Anime where all the characters including the humans have Anime like strength. So it makes sense why Lady seems super strong. If you remember in Dante and Lady's fight Dante easily over powers her. It's the Japanese and their dreams of having god like strength. Lol

I don't blame them because I want god like strength too. Lol
Dante doesn't overpower her, in each of their encounters they were evenly matched, the only reason why Lady is always in the lower position (giggity- giggity) is because she's always emotional, especially in their last fight.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
I also remember her matching bullets with him in their second encounter. I also remember that I had a hard (she's my second most hated boss. Dang chick hides too much) time with her in the actual boss fight. So, yeah, she's basically even with him.
Didja notice Dante only shot maybe 4 bullets during the slo-mo part? I'm still under the impression *for good reason* that he'd only been toying with her the entire game

Railazel

Didja notice Dante only shot maybe 4 bullets during the slo-mo part? I'm still under the impression *for good reason* that he'd only been toying with her the entire game
Didn't you notice that she was doing nothing but firing bullets? She wasn't thinking at all because she was too ticked off to think. If you can remember, during Mission 9 I believe, Dante had left her behind to face off a horde of demons. She only used three of her guns, one of them being a pistol and she fired that thing with the finger speed of the Flash! I'm sorry, but DMC usually suggests that the only way to get those kind of abilities is by being part-demon or whatever. If that holds true, then Lady's just not normal.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Didn't you notice that she was doing nothing but firing bullets? She wasn't thinking at all because she was too ticked off to think. If you can remember, during Mission 9 I believe, Dante had left her behind to face off a horde of demons. She only used three of her guns, one of them being a pistol and she fired that thing with the finger speed of the Flash! I'm sorry, but DMC usually suggests that the only way to get those kind of abilities is by being part-demon or whatever. If that holds true, then Lady's just not normal.

Υeah but being even with Dante is ridiculous. Sorry, but in that same mission, while Lady is battling that "horde" (which we fight with Dante all the time) Dante beat the whole mission including defeating Nevan. Not equall at all. I don't think she could match another boss either.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Υeah but being even with Dante is ridiculous. Sorry, but in that same mission, while Lady is battling that "horde" (which we fight with Dante all the time) Dante beat the whole mission including defeating Nevan. Not equall at all. I don't think she could match another boss either.
I was gonna say that... :(
Oh wait, Dante was ALSO impaled through (I'm sure at least) 2 vital organs (my anatomy may be off a little) even though she was stabbed in the leg and kept going like it was nothing, I doubt she could've survived that...

Railazel

I was gonna say that... :(
Oh wait, Dante was ALSO impaled through (I'm sure at least) 2 vital organs (my anatomy may be off a little) even though she was stabbed in the leg and kept going like it was nothing, I doubt she could've survived that...
To list all the times he's been stabbed/fatally wounded:
Mission 1- All the demons stab him in almost every part of his torso.
Mission... can't remember- He catches Lady then shoots him in the head.
Mission 6?- Vergil stabs him... twice.

Now that I think about it, Dante, Vergil, and Nero are the only ones that we see get fatally wounded with Dante getting wounded and acting like its nothing, Vergil (somehow) can barely stand his wounds, and Nero only gets severely hurt once and that was when his DT awakens. Trish dies, but is then resurrected, so... Really wounds don't mean much, though I can see your point. However, I feel like if Lady got stabbed in the stomach, she would survive that. Oh well, we've been getting off topic.

Vergillicious

You will not forget this devil's power!
Where could she hide...nevermind :p

I believe it's on her hip..your sick :D

To list all the times he's been stabbed/fatally wounded:
Mission 1- All the demons stab him in almost every part of his torso.
Mission... can't remember- He catches Lady then shoots him in the head.
Mission 6?- Vergil stabs him... twice.

Now that I think about it, Dante, Vergil, and Nero are the only ones that we see get fatally wounded with Dante getting wounded and acting like its nothing, Vergil (somehow) can barely stand his wounds, and Nero only gets severely hurt once and that was when his DT awakens. Trish dies, but is then resurrected, so... Really wounds don't mean much, though I can see your point. However, I feel like if Lady got stabbed in the stomach, she would survive that. Oh well, we've been getting off topic.

Dante has been impaled in all of the games..well except 2

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Lady being stabbed in the hip or leg or where ever she was stabbed is not a big deal. I think a human could get stabbed in the hip, leg area and still move. Although said person's ability to move would be largely limited. But again DMC works on Anime logic so Lady's skills are all possible. Lady is not on a even plane with Dante, Vergil, Nero, or Trish and she never will be. Going back on the topic, if I owned guns I would get them custom made to look like Ebony & Ivory! ^_^

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The theory in the opening could be true as Sparda has a blank past where anything could have happened. Plus who says they have to be his lovers?
For all we know he could have had twin sisters that luce and ombra were named after.

Railazel

The theory in the opening could be true as Sparda has a blank past where anything could have happened. Plus who says they have to be his lovers?
For all we know he could have had twin sisters that luce and ombra were named after.
That would be awesome, but why did Dante keep the pictures in his guns? Its not like Aunts are that important, not unless they're your gaurdians... I think I might've just stumbled onto something.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Depends on how close you are to the them plus who really knows why sparda does anything?

Dante could have those girls painted on his guns because he just thought it was cool as he saw em on his dad's guns.

Lady for the most part, a regular human being at peak effiency with her physicality which makes her badass. It would have been a cool story-arc for arkham to have infected her with a demon the same way he was changed. She and her demon self would have had some cool battles in her psyche and could give the elements of choice, as you could choose to complete the transformation by using your powers more or not.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
The only logical reason for Ebony & Ivory and Luce & Ombra's same looks is most likely because the makers of the game used Dante's gun models for Sparda's guns. They were lazy to make new gun models and they kept it that way.

Railazel

The only logical reason for Ebony & Ivory and Luce & Ombra's same looks is most likely because the makers of the game used Dante's gun models for Sparda's guns. They were lazy to make new gun models and they kept it that way.
Seemingly, the guns holds some canonical value since Trish uses them in all of her appearances. Considering that they originally belonged to Sparda, how Trish could get them is a big question. An answer could be that Dante had them and gave them to her. If he had them, that would explain the similarity to his guns and Sparda's since he probably based Ebony & Ivory off of Luce & Ombra. Even moreso, this would explain why Dante likes using two guns since his father used two as well.

Top Bottom