• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

E3 2012 (Discution)

AngelMode

So, chaps, what is the name of the song playing during our latest trailer? I have tracked it down to 'Sent to Destroy' by Combichrist, but I've also found a Northborne remix of the same track. Or is the version used during the trailer a different, specially made version for the game?

Thanks.

Check around 3:35.... I think that's it or close to it.

IHaveIssues.jpg

sigh... doesn't everybody.

But it's all good XD

berto

I Saw the Devil
@berto - RE has enough crap in it to put many political issues into the game, and it does bring up some at certain points. DMC is perfect for this because past games are so vague about the world where Dante lives. Hell, the only "citizens" I have seen in DMC appear in the anime. The world also seems to be quite aware of the fact that demons exist.

Yeah, but descrives alot of games, why is it an issue that people want changed on this franchise? Besides, if they didn't bring it up before then it just wasn't important, it's just people wanting to know over what actually matters in the plot. Besides, I douth that Dante lives in Limbo.

PS: Did anyone else notice the stars on Mudus' showlders? Military?

AngelMode

Yeah, but descrives alot of games, why is it an issue that people want changed on this franchise? Besides, if they didn't bring it up before then it just wasn't important, it's just people wanting to know over what actually matters in the plot. Besides, I douth that Dante lives in Limbo.

PS: Did anyone else notice the stars on Mudus' showlders? Military?

Nobody really asked for it. They just sort of threw it into our faces out of nowhere... but I guess "change for the better." There are some things they could have changed with DMC to make it better (and they have partially done it) but they also changed things that didn't need to change... which is what I don't really... understand.

And yep, that was my first impression of Mundus. Some military guy with high authority of sorts.

ZeroLove

Nobody really asked for it. They just sort of threw it into our faces out of nowhere... but I guess "change for the better." There are some things they could have changed with DMC to make it better (and they have partially done it) but they also changed things that didn't need to change... which is what I don't really... understand.

And yep, that was my first impression of Mundus. Some military guy with high authority of sorts.

Not all changes have to be there out of necessity.

Dante47

But he was wrong about other things, like many story aspects. He seems to be correct gameplay wise.

chocolatepanda

I dont know if anyone has said this yet but in the GT boss fight vid the guy really just spams the same combo over and over and over but the rank still goes to S and i think SS. I hope they fix that because the ranking systems is one of my favorite parts of the game, its what encourages me to mix up my combos to try to reach that SSS ranking.

Edit: I take back what i said, watched someone play a non boss fight stage and he barely made it over a be rank with he one combo tactic.

Derozio

Sexiness Personified.
Just wanted to post this somewhere. Since I don't think posting an entire new thread for it will be good considering how brief it is, I'll post it here:

Hyperkinetic third-person action games with swords
Rising might infuriate the Metal Gear purists - and language sticklers with its Revengeance subtitle - but there's no denying how *good* it feels. Furiously wiggling the right stick to surgically cube foes, leaving a butcher's pantry of spare parts flapping around in slow motion, is as ludicrous and crassly thrilling as it sounds. Bottom line: it's Bayonetta, with all its dynamism, heroic framing and OTT yet skilful combos, allied to the colourful MGS universe. Damn, you can even cut cars and slice men hiding between concrete posts. A cut above standard third person action games, indeed. As indeed is DmC, which it only takes a few minutes with to confirm it's a worthy part of the Devil May Cry canon. Not only is the combo system drum tight, but it's also deliciously customisable thanks to the 'angel' and 'devil' moves activated using the triggers that enable young Dante to snag mid-air enemies and close the distance to a target rapidly. And for all the bitching about the new look, Ninja Theory's art design is what makes the game: from the way the world reconfigures itself, Inception-style, to the silky animation, it's consistently gorgeous stuff.

^ CVG. They're impressed. They rank "DmC" as a winner. :D

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/351889/features/e3-day-two-the-winners-the-losers/

Gbraga

My favorite part of the dialogue is

"Dante, son of Sparda and Eva the WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE?"

-Yep.

lmao

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I also indeed laugh at that dialogue.
The fact that a larva demon is saying the word "F*ck you" also adds in the hilarity.

ZeroLove

Just wanted to post this somewhere. Since I don't think posting an entire new thread for it will be good considering how brief it is, I'll post it here:

Hyperkinetic third-person action games with swords
Rising might infuriate the Metal Gear purists - and language sticklers with its Revengeance subtitle - but there's no denying how *good* it feels. Furiously wiggling the right stick to surgically cube foes, leaving a butcher's pantry of spare parts flapping around in slow motion, is as ludicrous and crassly thrilling as it sounds. Bottom line: it's Bayonetta, with all its dynamism, heroic framing and OTT yet skilful combos, allied to the colourful MGS universe. Damn, you can even cut cars and slice men hiding between concrete posts. A cut above standard third person action games, indeed. As indeed is DmC, which it only takes a few minutes with to confirm it's a worthy part of the Devil May Cry canon. Not only is the combo system drum tight, but it's also deliciously customisable thanks to the 'angel' and 'devil' moves activated using the triggers that enable young Dante to snag mid-air enemies and close the distance to a target rapidly. And for all the bitching about the new look, Ninja Theory's art design is what makes the game: from the way the world reconfigures itself, Inception-style, to the silky animation, it's consistently gorgeous stuff.

^ CVG. They're impressed. They rank "DmC" as a winner. :D

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/351889/features/e3-day-two-the-winners-the-losers/

I agree on both games, Metal Gear Rising and Devil May Cry. Good description.

4chan = the plane of Idiocy in Hell where moronic people end up. It's like one of the Cardinal Sins.

berto

I Saw the Devil
You're not giving 4chan the credit it deserves. Yeah most people there are morrons. Yeah, it's a giant troll cave. And sure, people thete are so stuck up and self important they can't get passed themselves, even though they are provably the most pathetic excuses for human beings on the planet. But those in 4chan who actualy try to do good or creative work do and do it well. It's an open foruj with almost limitless freedom wich is why people post THERE and not sowhere else.

ZeroLove

You're not giving 4chan the credit it deserves. Yeah most people there are morrons. Yeah, it's a giant troll cave. And sure, people thete are so stuck up and self important they can't get passed themselves, even though they are provably the most pathetic excuses for human beings on the planet. But those in 4chan who actualy try to do good or creative work do and do it well. It's an open foruj with almost limitless freedom wich is why people post THERE and not sowhere else.

So it's anarchy, basically.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So it's anarchy, basically.
4chan is a place where many people are free to do certain things that might be restrictive elsewhere. Unfortuanatly there are more useless a'holes there every day giving the place a bad reputation.

Top Bottom