• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dumbest question ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda™

Most likely in an European city.

There's a lot of Gothic ambient which resembles structures and buildings of the Medieval/Victorian era.

Other than that...:lol:

quiksilvershado

Dodge this!!!
This question always bugs me! All i've seem to find out is that its somewhere where no one seems to care if you carry around guns and swords! :p

aka958

Don't trust people
i know there must at least be an english speaking country... and who said the game must be taken place in the real world? maybe it is fictional... and if you search for an answer you could watch the anime so you know how the place looks like around his house/store.

aka958

Don't trust people
>.< ofc almost everything must be played in america... most things are and i don't like it... what makes america so special against all the other countries

aka958

Don't trust people
i don't think sports is the answer to why people like their games to be placed in an invaded region... and wich part of america are you talking about!? because im talking about whole america... but in the whole america US is the worst thinking they are the best (maybe not the people but many many leaders think so) and they also want them to have nukes... why only them? what gives them right to do that? isn't that unfair? they think terrorist might get them otherwise? if that's why then they must think that all and i mean all are terrorists... im sorry maybe US is a great country but i think much of their decisions and deeds are SH*T and is unfair.

I know i was off topic but i just wanted to make myself clear

Zato-OW

King
It was said in DMC1 that he was american by character. But then they came along and said they made up the environments where he lived. So I guess he lives nowhere. They are basing Dante off of American action films they said this how many times? Alot,lol. But then again the buildings in DMC4 are European buildings probably Italian. But his home is more of a city like New York City type or something of that nature.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
This isn't the dumbest qustion ever. I could tell you, but it wouldn't be appropriate, and also out of subject. Anyway. Many people have asked this question and some have said it the North East part of America. IDK why they say that, but I assume it makes more sense to them. :/ I guess in some made up town in America.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Dante himself definitely lives in the US. FORTUNA clearly is in western Europe. As for where Dante lives, best best tend to be New York, Detroit, or possibly LA. I wouldn't rule out Dallas or San Antonio though. Saying "well, he obviously doesn't live in Texas" means you obviously have never BEEN to Texas. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone there has that stereotype accent, nor is everyone an oil mongering idiot. *lived there for six months, and the girlfriend is from San Antonio*

All we know really is that Dante lives in one of the bigger central cities of the US...excluding DC, because I don't think the nation's capitol can handle getting demolished on a weekly basis...

Zato-OW

King
What are you talking about? No one said anything about about Texans being stupid or with certain accents. I know people from Texas who talks like I do with no accent at all. Anyway I said we know he doesn't live in Texas as a joke,to me Dante seems more of a New Yorker. From his attitude to his favorite food being pizza. But then again his cowboy outfit does say other wise also him loving the Spanish tongue with the guitar case(really his sword) carried on his back says he lives in western America. But it can go either way.

aka958

Don't trust people
Dark Prince;151520 said:
^You are just envious of our cool accent :lol:
I love that yankiee (hope i spelled right) accent just so awesome and i like the english peoples accent but that doesn't make me envious.
He isn't american not from US or any place... why make a game always based on reality some must have fantasy in it... i mean if i was a creator then i would create my own world not copy someone elses. just my thinking

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Zato-OW;151551 said:
What are you talking about? No one said anything about about Texans being stupid or with certain accents. I know people from Texas who talks like I do with no accent at all. Anyway I said we know he doesn't live in Texas as a joke,to me Dante seems more of a New Yorker. From his attitude to his favorite food being pizza. But then again his cowboy outfit does say other wise also him loving the Spanish tongue with the guitar case(really his sword) carried on his back says he lives in western America. But it can go either way.

Sorry, just a lot of people, when they say "can't be Texas", then go on to rip into the accents and call everyone out there Oil Mongering idiots.

As for his attitude, it does implicate he's originally from New York, Detroit, or Chicago. The three tend to have similar attitudes, though New York is more famous for hot dogs, while Chicago is famous for pizza. And the reason I actually say Detroit as an option is...let's not forget how rundown and seedy the neighborhood in the first and third games looked. I'm actually not sure why they really altered the look of the surrounding city in the anime, everything looks like something based on Western Europe for some reason.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I think Austin, Texas would make a great place for Dante. :^D I'd say if you wanna pick a real place of where Dante might would live/work (eventhough it's stated as Fortuna of where he lives) is probably New York, Texas, and California. Those are my choices.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I thought he probably lived on the outskirts of it. I don't even remember if they even gave a name of where he even was in the first game, but I assume he's never left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom