• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dragonball Z Anime Special!!! New for 2008

Dark Drakan

Admin
Vergilissexy;143499 said:
NO KIDDING!!! I was gonna put that, but I did't know how to use the spoiler tags.
I guess since it's a special it's not canon, but Tarble should be much older...and have better taste in women.

Thats true and guess that it can be forgiven with it not being canon and just a special. However we have waited long enough i think that we deserved something that was better written and thought out. The effects were very impressive though and i liked some of the new art touches. Was great to see something new after all this time. ^_^

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I saw it as well. Good old DBZ. I liked the quote at the end of the special.

"The unlucky part with those enemies was that they were just a tad late to show themselves" or something like it. Which is true, since at the end of DBZ, the weakest fighting person can destroy a planet if he/she wishes to:p So no matter who comes..

As for Tarble, maybe he's older than he seems. Maybe he's as old as Krillin, but has the same height problem, but I see where your worries come from:lol:

At any rate, I really enjoyed it=]

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Dark Drakan;143514 said:
Thats true and guess that it can be forgiven with it not being canon and just a special. However we have waited long enough i think that we deserved something that was better written and thought out. The effects were very impressive though and i liked some of the new art touches. Was great to see something new after all this time. ^_^

^I enjoyed it, although I wish it could have been much longer or more centered around the siblings, but I still loved it. And naturally, as a long time DBZ fan I have watched it 40 million times and plan on watching much more XD.

BTW, I don't think we should continue to bother with the spoiler tags now since this is the second page, everyone who has viewed the first post should have watched it by now.

As for Tarble, maybe he's older than he seems. Maybe he's as old as Krillin, but has the same height problem, but I see where your worries come from
But it's not just his size, he looks quite youthful.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Yes, it was freshly drawn. It looked just like the animation some of the dbz game openings, just like I would imagine a new episode to look like. ^^

Iced Digger

This was quite boring. Sure, it looks amazing. But the story was lame. The dudes wern't even strong, at all! No cool fights. Too short. Eh, overall kinda lame.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
^No offense dude, but what do you expect in 35 minutes? If the enemy was strong it would call for a much longer storyline that Akira probably wouldn't wanna deal with. They have to take the time to make it to where it makes sense. That's why the ending to the Broly movies were so stupid and unlogical DBZ wise (Most dbz movies for that matter had bad endings because there's not enough time to make the villains defeat look good.)

There simply wasn't enough time for a powerful enemy. Not to mention we can't expect every new villain to coincidentally be stronger than the last.

Although I agree, I would have enjoyed it being a little longer, but it's better than the years of nothing but re-runs and stupid releases of the same crap simply because *le gasp!* OMG it's blue-ray! Im gonna spend another 30 bucks on the same damn movie that cost me 30 bucks when I bought it on VHS like 6 years ago.

XD Seriously though.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Vergilissexy;144049 said:
^No offense dude, but what do you expect in 35 minutes? If the enemy was strong it would call for a much longer storyline that Akira probably wouldn't wanna deal with. They have to take the time to make it to where it makes sense. That's why the ending to the Broly movies were so stupid and unlogical DBZ wise (Most dbz movies for that matter had bad endings because there's not enough time to make the villains defeat look good.)

There simply wasn't enough time for a powerful enemy. Not to mention we can't expect every new villain to coincidentally be stronger than the last.

Although I agree, I would have enjoyed it being a little longer, but it's better than the years of nothing but re-runs and stupid releases of the same crap simply because *le gasp!* OMG it's blue-ray! Im gonna spend another 30 bucks on the same damn movie that cost me 30 bucks when I bought it on VHS like 6 years ago.

XD Seriously though.

I was thinking about that this morning and thought exactly the same as you. An all powerful enemy just appearing from nowhere would have just been ridiculous so i can understand why they were so weak. Also as you said they couldnt really do much in 35mins and they didnt want to rush an episode any more than they had to with a stronger enemy. Reason i said the bad guys were disappointing is i thought their appearance was uninspired and they used the same techniques we have seen before. Just a version of the Multiform and fusion all over again, i just wanted a cooler looking bad guy with some good looking techniques.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Dark Drakan;144054 said:
I was thinking about that this morning and thought exactly the same as you. An all powerful enemy just appearing from nowhere would have just been ridiculous so i can understand why they were so weak. Also as you said they couldnt really do much in 35mins and they didnt want to rush an episode any more than they had to with a stronger enemy. Reason i said the bad guys were disappointing is i thought their appearance was uninspired and they used the same techniques we have seen before. Just a version of the Multiform and fusion all over again, i just wanted a cooler looking bad guy with some good looking techniques.
Ah yes! The appearence and attacks could have been MUCH better. We know that from seeing Frieza and Cell type 1 and 3. As much as I hate Frieza's guts, i've always loved his interesting and original design. Till this day I haven't seen another movie, anime, cartoon, or show with a design that looks anything like Frieza's...or Cell's for that matter...or Majin Buu. XD But mainly Frieza.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Another thingy I thought should be mentioned. Akira Toriyama created this one-shot story because of fun. Not because they hired him to create a whole new awesome epic etc. story. They just saw the one-shot in a magazine (one-shots = 1 manga chapter with a short story) and made it animated, so of course it wouldn't be anything serious.

But to be honest I loved it no matter what it was. If you want epic battles go watch the DBZ all over again, it's more than 100 episodes, give them a break:p

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
well said Tony :)

and yeah you still have to admit 2 things, 1 it was an awesome Special, 2 seeing the special: doesn't it make you want to see more?

GO DBZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Oh yes definately! I would love to see more of that cutey Tarble. ^^
Tony_Redgrave;144367 said:
Another thingy I thought should be mentioned. Akira Toriyama created this one-shot story because of fun. Not because they hired him to create a whole new awesome epic etc. story. They just saw the one-shot in a magazine (one-shots = 1 manga chapter with a short story) and made it animated, so of course it wouldn't be anything serious.

But to be honest I loved it no matter what it was. If you want epic battles go watch the DBZ all over again, it's more than 100 episodes, give them a break:p

You mean over 200...or better yet- Over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!

Top Bottom