• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does Tameem hate CAPCOM?

dreadnought_dante

And the brighter the flame, the deeper the shadow
okay guys and girls. the racist thing was not the point. it was my wild opinion. the question was does Tameem hates capcom or not. 'cause i never heard him making a good comment about the previous game. now im feeling really stupid

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
How is that game racist? Sure, if there was a game where it encourages slavery or genocide of a race, that would be racist and messed up. But as far as I can see, Kung-fu Chaos is just a silly fighting game.

But, stereotypes have some truth to them or else they wouldn't exist; and sometimes stereotypes can be positive too.

These days, people are too quick to cry racist or any other one of the 'ists'. Recently, there was a play performed by people of African descent showing how bad African slavery was, but it was stopped because people protested it was racist. People are too sensitive these days.
It isn't racist. People can be pretty stupid.

We live in a world where people take things to seriously and are too ready to get offended.

berto

I Saw the Devil
You know, in retrospect he might hate them, now. Wondering if that deal he made for DmC was worth the harassment, the hatred, and the heartache.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
CAPCOM gave them a job, and the job was to make Dante less "Japanese-y" so he would appeal to more non-Japanese people. The aim right there was to make something that a different country or race would find more appealing because ultimately, there are certain differences between them and what they like that a business market can't deny.

That isn't racism. That's just how it is. As clumsy as some of the comments Tameem has come out with over the course of the DmC thing, I doubt he'd be directly insulting his employers

The Final Offer

Well Kevin from MGR does always have a seizure....

The stereotype of the African American male is in Madworld, Anarchy Reigns, and the Bayonetta series. I stopped there because it's nerve wrecking. Like, this isn't even comedy, this is ignorance. Every damn time I boot up a Platinum Games game here it is. Only when in MGR did Platinum back off and I think it's because they were working with Kojima and his team.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
The stereotype of the African American male is in Madworld, Anarchy Reigns, and the Bayonetta series. I stopped there because it's nerve wrecking. Like, this isn't even comedy, this is ignorance. Every damn time I boot up a Platinum Games game here it is. Only when in MGR did Platinum back off and I think it's because they were working with Kojima and his team.

Well Kevin gesturing 24/7 annoyed me.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
I don't know about about tameem coming off as racist, I never got that vibe from him. Kevin seems like an average guy working a cool job, but Rodin is probably the biggest badass ever. He's also an optional boss fight, and will straight up cave your face in with his fist if you challenge him. But stereotypes? Unless we're arguing that baldness or tattoos is a black stereotype we need to be ringing the alarm bells over, I'm not seeing it.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Damn.. the quality of new threads have dropped significantly since last year!

No offense but i think its really RETARDED to say that tameem would "hate" capcom! capcom gave ninja theory(a new developer) one of their best flagship IP's of all time! who in their right mind would hate someone who gives their best IP to you?

Just because NT dislikes some of the Japanese sub-cultures doesn't mean they're racist or xenophobic i dislike many things in the western culture too like the new age culture,furry culture etc but that doesn't mean i'm racist or xenophobic! i just don't like some of that weird ****.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well I dont think he or NT hated capcom or DMC because there would be no point doing the project. He might feel bitter because of how things turned out now and CAPCOM did threw them under the bus with the "excessive outsourcing" comment but because of Hellblade and his ideas on Independent AAA games, it might be water under the bridge.

I think a problem with the pR was that you didn't really get a chance to hear the good things they think about the series as their negative comments overshadow it or was made a bigger deal out of it.

V

Oldschool DMC fan

The only problem with that is many non-japanese gamers already liked DevilMayCry the way it was.
Guess that's what the jimquisition saying about developers retooling games or trying to appeal to everyone then failing all out of the fear of the unproven.

I don't think Tameem Antoniades is racist but i think he's trying to speak for everyone when he doesn't know as much about them as he believes.

Yeah. It would have been better for NT to have taken the tentative tack, knowing there would be doubts or resistance from some and just sticking to a limited line about what they were doing with it, not speaking about what "is cool" or whether the previous games and their characters were/are worthy of our admiration today.

That doesn't seem to have been properly considered, though. Whether you're talking about how the franchise reboot could have been its own thing with a different name (which it could, and possibly should, have been) to Tameem's blase comments about Dante's "coolness", to the deliberately animated in-joke where a wig falls onto New Dante's head - there was a sense of "deal with it" permeating all of it which naturally ****ed off quite a few people who never asked for this.

Even people who like both new and old, tend to think of them as having a separation or as being connected but different. The assumption fans will simply adopt something without question is a risky one. There was a lot of "speaking for" involved in this whole deal which is probably what caused a lot the anger. I know I get bothered when somebody presumes to tell me what I like based on unrelated things. It's somewhat disrespectful to assume a person will act or think a certain way and to then tell them that they will when you have no idea. Yet this was what happened.

Last edited:
Top Bottom