• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

does DmC reboot actually have deeper combat then DMC 4

Caiden

These combat discussions are getting a little tiresome. The combat of DMC4 and DmC both work just fine and have plenty of content. As to which one has more "depth" or is "better" is really up to the player to decide. I much prefer DMC4 to DmC combat but does that make it universally better? Not at all. I think it's about time we put this to rest.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
These combat discussions are getting a little tiresome. The combat of DMC4 and DmC both work just fine and have plenty of content. As to which one has more "depth" or is "better" is really up to the player to decide. I much prefer DMC4 to DmC combat but does that make it universally better? Not at all. I think it's about time we put this to rest.

Agreed. As long as people derive enjoyment from whichever game they prefer, that's all that matters. These kinds of discussions always make me think of religious arguments. -_- Whatever religion or spirituality someone follows, or if they follow nothing at all, should be entirely up to them, not forced down their throats.

I make the comparison because fandoms really are much like religious denominations; if it inspires passion in you, then you've found the right niche for yourself, personally. :)

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Let's all agree that the best combat system of all time ever is in viking battle for Asgard ha ha ha ha

Railazel

I also think some of the pros don't have a proper PC to handle the game, and just never were willing to really give it a chance, if you're mastered the old control scheme then even if a new one seems better designed you have a crapton of muscle memory that makes it hard for you to adjust.

To emphasize on this point, that same muscle memory could seriously affect how you take "dumbed down" mechanics like jump cancelling where the frames are more "open" and are meant to be easier to pull off. A "pro" can take this as the game being too easy in technical mastery.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
[quote="Railazel, post: 532066, member: 12asize on this point, that same muscle memory could seriously affect how you take "dumbed down" mechanics like jump cancelling where the frames are more "open" and are meant to be easier to pull off. A "pro" can take this as the game being too easy in technical mastery.[/quote]

I find that to be the case after dmc4 it takes effort to master the JC in the reboot but not on the same scale

Top Bottom