• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does anybody still call the reboot Dante "emo?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Original Dante had tendency to pathos, so it won't take it from him. Well apparently even nDante isn't emo in game itself, he was pretty emo during his youth.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I don't know, and I don't see why they would.

If anyone calls him emo, I'll just kindly refer them to that one South Park episode where the goths turn into emos and the goths are like WE'RE NOT EMO BECAUSE (insert answers here)

sssensational

Supporter 2014
I still not sure how to treat his self-mutilation in front of mirror.

Dante had some emotional demons to deal with, sadly it's a normal thing. A lot of people hurt themselves to feel something.

Not going into details, but I've had a few rough years of my own in which I too physically injured myself just to remind myself that I was bleeding, I was alive. Dante isn't human of course, so he would survive cutting his own chest open.

Meg

I'm sure there are, and there will always be people who do. It's no different from the people who call old Dante gay or whatever. I don't pay those people any mind.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I still not sure how to treat his self-mutilation in front of mirror.

He got stabbed in a street fight and wondered why he didn't die right away. he then opened his chest to see if his heart was really still beating after it was stabbed.

Look at the beginning of Angry Joe's review of DmC.

He acts like Dante is some sort of boy band emo guy.

Boy band? No. Punk rock British scene grunge band? Yes.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
The closest he was to emo honestly was during his youth (when he's looking at the mirror and cutting himself) and even then thats not cut and dry emo by any means, but thats just during the brief flashback, he's not like that during the actual game however.

So no, I would not call him emo.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
I'm sure there are, and there will always be people who do. It's no different from the people who call old Dante gay or whatever. I don't pay those people any mind.
iv seen some people say "the new Dante is gay"
and then iv seen other people say "new Dante is better cus he's not gay anymore"
and i'm just like
OH MY GOD internet make up your goddamn mind

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Dante has never been portrayed as gay though.

In fact he is a womaniser to a degree.

Internets is stupid :facepalm:

Actually Tameen said in an interview that he wanted nDante to be gay or bisexual to fit with his British punk nature since that's what most people back in the British Punk scene did.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Actually Tameen said in an interview that he wanted nDante to be gay or bisexual to fit with his British punk nature since that's what most people back in the British Punk scene did.

Didn't come across so well, that. And fair point. In my opinion I would say he's a punk. Not an emo. And if Tameen said that then it's from 'the horses mouth'. Except the horse in this case is a guy named Tameen

sssensational

Supporter 2014
Didn't come across so well, that. And fair point. In my opinion I would say he's a punk. Not an emo. And if Tameen said that then it's from 'the horses mouth'. Except the horse in this case is a guy named Tameen

How did the people respond to that?

I got into DmC in 2013, so I missed all the drama that happened after the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom