• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

does all the new features for the remastered DmC, more combat depth

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
There's something I'd like to propose.

I never liked being restricted like I did with color coded enemies, and DT didnt do much justice for the enemies. In DMC4 enemies like Fausts took little damage with their cloaks on, but it was still possible to kill them without eliminating their cloaks with guns. So....
Color coded enemies should take damage from all weapons, however the weapons dedicated to them do more damage than usual, and other weapons are weak (not too weak). So blue enemies get hurt from angel weapons more than they would from demon weapons.

I had always figured this to be the fairest modification for the feature, considering there are enemies all throughout the franchise with gimmicks to how they can be dealt with. I was okay with the default "only this color" thing, but to lessen non-applicable damage is still a better compromise than outright removal. Plus, it means you can beat up on an enemy for a lot longer using weapons they aren't "weak" to.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

I'm sorry. I gotta call a little bit of bull**** on this video, because he's comparing two characters-worth of skills to DmC's one character, and his "napkin math" for what is available to you in DmC at any given time compared to DMC4 is completely faulty because he isn't factoring in being able to switch out different weapons on the fly - exactly like you can in DMC4, which he is accounting for in his comparison. Plus, emphasizing that the variations somehow have an incredible amount of weight in games where you easily have access to every weapon in your arsenal. A variable arsenal would only matter in a game like DMC3 where you had to pick and choose a small set from your larger inventory.

Also, him bitching about the Devil Trigger being bound to L3+R3 and that it cannot be changed as of his time recording (maybe they'll patch it later, he says), when I had bound it to D-Pad Down back in the demo. Then, criticism of having to either buy the day one edition of DmC to get Vergil's Downfall or shell out the money for the DLC later is retarded when you had to buy an entirely separate version of DMC3 in order to play as Vergil years prior. Then to compare to DMC4 where they shoved Dante as a second character seemingly at the last moment, which was really not much better than just putting Vergil in Dante's campaign in DMC3...calling it a "set standard" when it actually reduced the overall quality of DMC4 could have been...? A set standard? DMC2 had two playable characters, with their own campaigns, but DMC3 originally didn't, and then when it did we got Vergil traipsing in Dante's campaign. Then in DMC4 we have Dante's rewind. The standard actually got worse when it was first implemented in DMC2, at least in DmC it literally was Vergil's own campaign, albeit small.

Seriously man, I would not put up this dude's editorial junk as solid fact, not when he's cherry-picking facts, spreading total misinformation, and really just not doing much to hide his bias.

Sorry, just really had to get that out of my system :x

Last edited by a moderator:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
probably not gona add depth but it will make it more and fun and more challenging which is a plus.

I will get the game but DMC4 SE possibly with the pc turbo mode on console and modes aswell as vergil being playable maybe is gona destroy my free time as i will probably never come off of it

Judge

I consider DmC to have the best mechanics in the series, aside for the Devil Trigger which I felt should have been traditionally mapped to one button instead of two.

The gameplay was solid, but it did feel like the game needed more moves. In DMC4 it was acceptable for Nero to have only one weapon because Dante had a lot more gameplay options available.

The only thing imo getting in the way was how there should've been more moves, espeically for the guns. The gameplay engine as it was, was much better than what DMC4 allowed.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Language, ese.

Sorry, papi.

probably not gona add depth but it will make it more and fun and more challenging which is a plus.

I will get the game but DMC4 SE possibly with the pc turbo mode on console and modes aswell as vergil being playable maybe is gona destroy my free time as i will probably never come off of it

Your children will grow up fatherless.

I consider DmC to have the best mechanics in the series, aside for the Devil Trigger which I felt should have been traditionally mapped to one button instead of two.

Will always like DT better as a power amp you use all throughout, rather than an "OH CRAP!" button that you hit to save your cheese in a tight spot. Although I guess it does sit better with the narrative :p

The gameplay was solid, but it did feel like the game needed more moves. In DMC4 it was acceptable for Nero to have only one weapon because Dante had a lot more gameplay options available.

The only thing imo getting in the way was how there should've been more moves, espeically for the guns. The gameplay engine as it was, was much better than what DMC4 allowed.

Just gimme back Wild Stomp and Free Ride! I figured there's still a lot of moves that they could get away with, several more pause combos, a back-to-forward input, directional inputs for the Special Attack key, as well as the Gun Special key, and reintroduce other Crazy Combos (don't know why they were ever taken out of DMC4). There's still some untapped potential.

Judge

Will always like DT better as a power amp you use all throughout, rather than an "OH CRAP!" button that you hit to save your cheese in a tight spot. Although I guess it does sit better with the narrative :p

Just gimme back Wild Stomp and Free Ride! I figured there's still a lot of moves that they could get away with, several more pause combos, a back-to-forward input, directional inputs for the Special Attack key, as well as the Gun Special key, and reintroduce other Crazy Combos (don't know why they were ever taken out of DMC4). There's still some untapped potential.

Hey sorry, but which crazy combos are you reffering to? I was never really that into DMC4.

I defintely agree with more pause combos and back-to-forward input. The potential was there for a combat engine that would top Bayonetta 2 if utilised effecively.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Hey sorry, but which crazy combos are you reffering to? I was never really that into DMC4.

I defintely agree with more pause combos and back-to-forward input. The potential was there for a combat engine that would top Bayonetta 2 if utilised effecively.

In DMC3 the Crazy Combos were anything that changed the finale of a move, essentially. The most common would be getting the Million Stabs Crazy Combo out of a Rebellion Combo B (the pause combo). Crazy Combos were signified by that loud clang and the flash of magic circles exploding from Dante. In DMC4 they just removed them, so Rebellion Combo B always ended with Million Stab - in doing so it lost a little bit of variety and a few skills in general :frown:

Wild Stomp from Gunslinger counts as a Crazy Combo too, as you jam Shoot next to a prone enemy until Dante puts his foot on them.

Judge

In DMC3 the Crazy Combos were anything that changed the finale of a move, essentially. The most common would be getting the Million Stabs Crazy Combo out of a Rebellion Combo B (the pause combo). Crazy Combos were signified by that loud clang and the flash of magic circles exploding from Dante. In DMC4 they just removed them, so Rebellion Combo B always ended with Million Stab - in doing so it lost a little bit of variety and a few skills in general :frown:

Wild Stomp from Gunslinger counts as a Crazy Combo too, as you jam Shoot next to a prone enemy until Dante puts his foot on them.

Yeah I know what you mean now. I don't miss those moves one bit; although I can understand Wild Stomp being worth keeping.

I didn't like them. They used too many particle effects in a game that used too many particle effects as it is. I couldn't see what the hell was going on. I didn't like how they left Dante vunruable. They wern't practical for combat imo. I can understand why some fans like them though.

ChaserTech

Chaser is back! <3

Are you also on GAF?

Not back for long.

And no, the main places I'm normally associated with is YouTube, Smashboards, and Steam. I mainly came here to see if the forums had more information about DMC4:SE and DmC: DE since it's usually up to date about DMC related news.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah I know what you mean now. I don't miss those moves one bit; although I can understand Wild Stomp being worth keeping.

I didn't like them. They used too many particle effects in a game that used too many particle effects as it is. I couldn't see what the hell was going on. I didn't like how they left Dante vunruable. They wern't practical for combat imo. I can understand why some fans like them though.

Well, they're meant to be more extravagant finishers, really, so the idea is to not use them when you have a greater risk of being smacked during them. Part of that risk/reward thing, y'know? Million Stabs is really powerful, but leaves you open for an extended period.

Not back for long.

And no, the main places I'm normally associated with is YouTube, Smashboards, and Steam. I mainly came here to see if the forums had more information about DMC4:SE and DmC: DE since it's usually up to date about DMC related news.

Not too much yet, but you know we will whenever it pops up!

8BitHero

Scrub
Not back for long.

Seems to be a calling for me too ha.

Top Bottom