• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do You Want To See More Playable Human Characters?

Goldsickle

In a cast full of characters with a demon lineage, Lady is the only full human character who was not only a boss but also a playable character.

Do you want to see more fully-human characters with major roles, either as a playable character or a boss battle?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Depends on how they are designed. I don't really like the whole "kill it more bullets" character design most humans would inevitably have. An interesting weapon or giving them powers is usually what i prefer.

I rather they be more like the characters of RWBY in how they fight.

A Lady spinoff was something i was always interested in.

To me, I would have Kyrie be playable because thats a better way to integrate the love story into the gameplay. Same with Kat.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Hmm...for me, DMC has always been about people struggling with their otherworldy heritage - Dante and Vergil's relationship with Sparda, Lucia's origins, Lady righting the wrongs of her father who became a demon and Nero's journey to accept his demonic side (we now know came from Vergil) in a society that shuns demons.

So to get to the point, while I certainly wouldn't mind playable human characters, I wouldn't want them to take away from the main characters of the series who I feel have always embodied that theme. Lady is a perfect example of that, she's a major supporting character and she has parallels with Dante but we don't spend more time with her than we need to since she isn't the main focus.

Apologies if that was a little ramble-y and or incoherent. It's past my bedtime. :p

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I don't play the games but for replayability value I don't see why more playable characters would necessarily be a bad thing. But some different skills for sure and perhaps as a result, the option to complete missions differently. Make it more interesting, I dunno.

However I'm not a player so I'm probably overstepping my bounds here. I just know what I like in other games and if it's done with sensitivity to canon, style and other shiz it could very well be an asset.

DarkSlayerVergil

Hmm...for me, DMC has always been about people struggling with their otherworldy heritage - Dante and Vergil's relationship with Sparda, Lucia's origins, Lady righting the wrongs of her father who became a demon and Nero's journey to accept his demonic side (we now know came from Vergil) in a society that shuns demons.

So to get to the point, while I certainly wouldn't mind playable human characters, I wouldn't want them to take away from the main characters of the series who I feel have always embodied that theme. Lady is a perfect example of that, she's a major supporting character and she has parallels with Dante but we don't spend more time with her than we need to since she isn't the main focus.

Apologies if that was a little ramble-y and or incoherent. It's past my bedtime. :p
What about a human character that was experimented on with a demons souls(much like what many people thought Nero was) and they would struggle with trying to maintain thier humanity?

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
What about a human character that was experimented on with a demon demons souls(much like what many people thought Nero was) and they would struggle with trying to maintain thier humanity?
I remember suggesting something similar way back when we were spit balling ideas for a possible DMC5.

It would be fun to interpret his/her Devil Trigger as a berserker state where you go wild in demon form attacking things indiscriminately.:thumbsup:

DarkSlayerVergil

I remember suggesting something similar way back when we were spit balling ideas for a possible DMC5.

It would be fun to interpret his/her Devil Trigger as a berserker state where you go wild in demon form attacking things indiscriminately.:thumbsup:
Since thier soul is bonded to a demons soul, I'd imagine they would manifest thier main devil arm as part of their body similar to how to Alex Mercer use his weapons.

Goldsickle

@Lain talked about having humans that fought demons with robotics or advanced technology in another thread.
When Nero treated the first Bianco Angelo he sees as a buddy, I thought those armors are standard issue and worn by actual human pilots.

And then someone explained that Nero considered the Angelo an ally because it had an Order symbol.

Dio Brando

not really as they would have to change things alot such as why we havnt met these humans before if there are this powerful and if there not useing something like a sword or gun they would have to have a new combat system and it would tamper with the muscle memory of some fans because having a complete chad like dant who can take a hit the heal or just literaly hit thing till they die to a human with a more complxed and diffrent playstyle. it could be amazing if pulled off correclty if its not then its going to be DmC all over again. ( no offence but you have to admit vanilla DmC combat system was trash.)

Top Bottom