• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you want future or any other games to be Exclusive Games or Multi-Platform Games?

Do you want games to exclusive in certain gaming consoles or to be in multi-platform?

• Total voters

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
As you can see, the question is that do you want games in the future to be exclusive in certain consoles or to be available in multiple game consoles.

Personally, I like if all future (and old games too) to be in multi-platform. In this way, everyone can play the same game regardless of console exclusivity.

I made this thread because I had a friend who is working to get money to buy a PS3 because he ONLY wants to play Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. He has an XBox 360 and PS2, but he is a mega fan of Metal Gear Solid games. I felt bad, and I let him play in my house for a week, and he is very satisfied playing the game.:) [Although I don't have my PS3 anymore...]

So, share your opinions here. Do you want games to be exclusive to each of gaming consoles, or to ported in multiple gaming consoles?

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
Re: Do you want future or any other games to be Exclusive Games or Multi-Platform Gam

Multiplatform for sure , I hope I can play God of war 3 on the 360 although it's impossible , and i always wanted to play uncharted but i don't have PS3

I voted for Exclusive by mistake

KRSkull

Re: Do you want future or any other games to be Exclusive Games or Multi-Platform Gam

It won't make any diffrence. becuse in either way some people must buy all consoles in order to play with there friends.

Meg

i like it the way it is. exclusives are what decides what system people buy, so if all games were multi-platform there'd be no point in different consoles.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi

Multiplatforming FTW, PC port please.
There are hundreds of games out there that never have and never will become more than PS or XBox, or PC exclusives. Why not just make the game generaly for the PC and later configure it to fit the consoles? It, i think, saves so much more time, rather than making a console port game and then try to make it playable on the PC.
As for having different consoles, each person has their own taste - some like huge roaring boxes under their desks and prefer to play shooters with a mouse rather than analog sticks, some prefer to sit in front of 37" TV screens while holding on to the gamepad that they like and find the most comfortable one to use(PS3 or XBox). I find it really stupid to make platform exclusive games, that way the company that makes the game, limits itself and doesnt gain the maximum profit, and the most sad part - leaves players that are interested in that certain game, but just don`t like the platform the game is made for, are left with nothing and false hopes that maybe one day the game might be ported to that platform which the players own.
Resident Evil 5 was a shocker when it was announced that it`ll come out for the PC aswell. MGS4 however, has left me drool until this very day, i`ll never be able to play it.

aka958

Don't trust people

Yes or no to wich one? Exclusive or multi-platform???

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?

I'd like games to be multi platform, I resent the idea of having to own a PS3 to get the entire story out of the Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy series, having Versus as a PS3 exclusive is a bit of a dick move.

Dark Drakan

Admin

Multiplatform for sure, saves me buying another console which i dont have the room to store. Dont have to juggle more leads in my TV or purchase a larger extension cable. Therefore it would save me money and thats a good thing. :lol:

I dont understand your poll options though as you cant give a yes or no answer to that question.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer

Angelo Credo;193259 said:
I'd like games to be multi platform, I resent the idea of having to own a PS3 to get the entire story out of the Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy series, having Versus as a PS3 exclusive is a bit of a dick move.

Yeah, kinda sad that Final Fantasy Versus XIII is an exclusive game for PS3 (which I don't have anymore). Hopefully, Square Enix will do us all a favour and change it to multi-platform to XBox 360 and PC. Hopefully the future Kingdom Hearts games will to. :D

Dark Drakan;193261 said:
Multiplatform for sure, saves me buying another console which i dont have the room to store. Dont have to juggle more leads in my TV or purchase a larger extension cable. Therefore it would save me money and thats a good thing. :lol:

I dont understand your poll options though as you cant give a yes or no answer to that question.

I'm really sorry about that, my mistake. I made the thread when I was still asleep.:lol: I was kinda sleepy so I don't really check what I wrote for the poll and the thread.

Dark Drakan, if possible, can you please change the first two poll options to:

1. Multi-Platform

2. Exclusive

Appreciate it a lot if you can change the first two poll options.:)

Dark Drakan

Admin

Chaos Master;193283 said:
I'm really sorry about that, my mistake. I made the thread when I was still asleep.:lol: I was kinda sleepy so I don't really check what I wrote for the poll and the thread.

Dark Drakan, if possible, can you please change the first two poll options to:

1. Multi-Platform

2. Exclusive

Appreciate it a lot if you can change the first two poll options.:)

No problem. ^_^

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer

Dark Drakan;193294 said:
No problem. ^_^

Thanks a lot, Dark Drakan. If you don't mind me asking, do Sony earn more profit if games like Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots are exclusive to their PS3 console only?:huh:

Dark Drakan

Admin

Chaos Master;193304 said:
Thanks a lot, Dark Drakan. If you don't mind me asking, do Sony earn more profit if games like Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots are exclusive to their PS3 console only?:huh:

It depends really as exclusive games with high sales can make a profit as the production costs are lower. They dont have to spend as much money coding it for a different platform, paying another team to Publish it or spend as much on discs and packaging. However they are limiting its sales to one platform essentially missing out on thousands of potential sales.

This is the reason Call Of Duty Modern Warfare, Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 & GTA IV have the highest sales figures of all time. They were multiformat and available to everyone.

However certain exclusive games have had noteable sales such as the Halo, Metal Gear and Zelda series. However there has been talk from the companies that make all 3 of those titles developing for more than one platform. Bungie are no longer owned by Microsoft so expect a future game from them to be multiplatform. Konami are releasing a Metal Gear game for more than one platform and there has been talk about a Zelda for other platforms at some point.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer

Dark Drakan;193310 said:
It depends really as exclusive games with high sales can make a profit as the production costs are lower. They dont have to spend as much money coding it for a different platform, paying another team to Publish it or spend as much on discs and packaging. However they are limiting its sales to one platform essentially missing out on thousands of potential sales.

This is the reason Call Of Duty Modern Warfare, Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 & GTA IV have the highest sales figures of all time. They were multiformat and available to everyone.

However certain exclusive games have had noteable sales such as the Halo, Metal Gear and Zelda series. However there has been talk from the companies that make all 3 of those titles developing for more than one platform. Bungie are no longer owned by Microsoft so expect a future game from them to be multiplatform. Konami are releasing a Metal Gear game for more than one platform and there has been talk about a Zelda for other platforms at some point.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, Dark Drakan.:)

I have been curious about something... Do video game companies like Square Enix and Capcom need to make some kind of contract to Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo to release exclusive games for that company? If so, can Square Enix or other video game companies suddenly changed their minds and ported the games to other video game consoles without abiding the contract?:huh:

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea

I like it multiplatform so I won't have to listen to fan boys argu of how "my system iz betta than ur system!" Plus in the future for whatever god forsaken system is created I'm sure everything will be available for every thing out there.

KRSkull

VI-Rainbow;193597 said:
I like it multiplatform so I won't have to listen to fan boys argu of how "my system iz betta than ur system!" Plus in the future for whatever god forsaken system is created I'm sure everything will be available for every thing out there.

It is good to have a game on multiplatform that is if people can play that game with each other without having to buy the same console. from example a person who have a PS3 can ply Resident evil 5 with his friend who owns a Xbox 360.

aka958

Don't trust people

It still needs to be exclusive or the reason to even have different systems is pretty much worthless. and it would end up with one console like the wii where you have to swing your arms around and you would not have the options to choose another console with a normal game controller.

But i think some companies are going way over their head creating games to be exclusive to one platform then an another game from the same series on another platform, like SquareEnix does with Final Fantasy :( . If i wanna play the new versions of FFIII and FFVI i have to get a DS wich is not an option, also Versus is PS3 exclusive. I actually bought a PSP just to get Dissidia final fantasy, Final fantasy VII: Crisis core, Final fantasy I and Final fantasy II and planning on buying Final fantasy XIII Agito on its release day. I also bought a Playstation 2 to get Final fantasy XII and final fantasy X but there are DS exclusive Final fantasy games and PS3 exclusive Final fantasy games (pending). I won't buy another console for a final fantasy game, maybe when the next gen consoles comes...
Stupid SquareEnix restricts me from playing my favorite game series!

Dark Drakan

Admin

Chaos Master;193342 said:
Thanks for the detailed explanation, Dark Drakan.:)

I have been curious about something... Do video game companies like Square Enix and Capcom need to make some kind of contract to Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo to release exclusive games for that company? If so, can Square Enix or other video game companies suddenly changed their minds and ported the games to other video game consoles without abiding the contract?:huh:

Yeah they have to sign a contract with the company so they cant release them for any other platform. More and more titles are now becoming timed exclusives though. Where they can release it for one platform and then a certain time afterwards they can release it for another.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer

Dark Drakan;194069 said:
Yeah they have to sign a contract with the company so they cant release them for any other platform. More and more titles are now becoming timed exclusives though. Where they can release it for one platform and then a certain time afterwards they can release it for another.

Oh. It explains why some video games took a long time to be ported. Thanks again, Dark Drakan.:)

There is something I am confused of for the last 4 years...

Why is the decision of Shinji Mikami made an exclusivity agreement with Nintendo that three Resident Evil games will be exclusive for Nintendo Gamecube is controversial? Do the Resident Evil fans expected that Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil Remake, and Resident Evil 4 will be exclusive for PS2 or will be ported to PS2 too? :huh:

Sorry for asking you too many questions, Dark Drakan, but my curiosity always get me carried away...

Dark Drakan

Admin

Chaos Master;194090 said:
Oh. It explains why some video games took a long time to be ported. Thanks again, Dark Drakan.:)

There is something I am confused of for the last 4 years...

Why is the decision of Shinji Mikami made an exclusivity agreement with Nintendo that three Resident Evil games will be exclusive for Nintendo Gamecube is controversial? Do the Resident Evil fans expected that Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil Remake, and Resident Evil 4 will be exclusive for PS2 or will be ported to PS2 too? :huh:

Sorry for asking you too many questions, Dark Drakan, but my curiosity always get me carried away...

Some fans were unhappy that a series that started on another console were becoming exclusives for others. Same thing that happened to the Air Combat series when it went from Sony to Microsoft and a couple of other series too. Cant please everyone all the time but good to expand your userbase to other consoles and expand your brand elsewhere.

Ask whatever you like, i dont mind answering questions.

sdf

Ok this will start a war, i know but have in mind that i am too old to be a fanboy, and if you say that 360 can even wash your carpet i will agree cause as i said i don't care to debate and/or argue.

Ontopic
IMO exclusives are better for now that the consoles aren't in the same league, 360 is limited to 8,5gb per disc PS is limited to 50gb per disc.
Many dev's have limited their games in any aspect to reduce the size cause that.
Example.
God of war 3 with variable FPS may be released in 1080p eventually (cause the demo that i have is at 720p) and Gran Turismo 5 there are roumers that will be released at "true" 1080p also, and i say "true" cause GT5 prologue is upscalled to 1080p.
Both of this games if there was a chance (that it isnt) to go multi, both would be stripped out of many things and the most important would be shorter.
A DL-DVD cant handle all that data and dev's prefer to reduce the game than release it to multiple disc's, and from the other side MS doesn't want that either cause it will be a bit of imberesing, would it?

Top Bottom