• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think DMC 2015 is still happening?

• Thread starter Deleted member 25469
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25469

1. Failing to meet sales goals doesn't mean the game didn't profit (same with RE6).
No, but the expensive motion capture technology, long development cycle (including bleeding money for several years just on discussing how Dante should look/act), multi-studio involvement, marketing expenditures, UE3 licensing...

Although probably not to the level of your average AAA release, this was a very expensive project. I am certain that 1.4M sales are not enough to cover the game's budget, especially since the game saw price drops relatively early.

That's not to say that it will continue to remain like this. If it proves to have some good legs on it then it may as well become profitable in the future, which considering the high risk and perceived backlash, would be quite a success in itself.

Goldsickle

No, but the expensive motion capture technology, long development cycle (including bleeding money for several years just on discussing how Dante should look/act), multi-studio involvement, marketing expenditures, UE3 licensing...

Although probably not to the level of your average AAA release, this was a very expensive project. I am certain that 1.4M sales are not enough to cover the game's budget, especially since the game saw price drops relatively early.

That's not to say that it will continue to remain like this. If it proves to have some good legs on it then it may as well become profitable in the future, which considering the high risk and perceived backlash, would be quite a success in itself.
Unless you actually sit down and count the budget and required amount to break even, everything said about DmC not profiting are mere assumptions.

We will see tomorrow if DmC sold some more copies on Capcom's Investor Relations page.

D

Deleted member 25469

Unless you actually sit down and count the budget and required amount to break even, everything said about DmC not profiting are mere assumptions.

We will see tomorrow if DmC sold some more copies on Capcom's Investor Relations page.
Ninja has over 50 employees (and under 200) according to LinkedIn. On a dev cycle of three years and with the average engineering salary of, say, 2300 euros a month for each employee, the needed revenue JUST to pay for the salaries is over 4 million euros. Assuming each and every one of the 1.4M sales was for 60 euros (yeah no) and the developer gets 70% of the revenue per sale, you get about 5.9M in revenue.

This is excluding some of the higher paying positions, all the people involved from Capcom and the traveling fees, technology, licensing and publishing costs, marketing campaign costs, the fact that many of those sales were heavily discounted... And of course the estimation is very rough.

DmC at this point is either not profitable or just about even, IMO.

D

Deleted member 25469

View attachment 1028
And this, is what they are planning xD.
Heck, make it good DLC and I'll welcome it! Vergil's Downfall was a missed opportunity IMO, became uninteresting and iterative fast. DmC Vergil's awesome fighting style needs more fleshing out, and it could go towards funding a sequel...

I'm really curious to see some new sales figures for DmC, maybe a bigger install base would justify some more DLC.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Heck, make it good DLC and I'll welcome it! Vergil's Downfall was a missed opportunity IMO, became uninteresting and iterative fast. DmC Vergil's awesome fighting style needs more fleshing out, and it could go towards funding a sequel...

I'm really curious to see some new sales figures for DmC, maybe a bigger install base would justify some more DLC.

Capcom and I have signed a contract for a DLC for DmC leading up to my own spin-off game
Starring me as the protagonist and John De Lancie as the antagonist (and Dragonmaster2010 as my stalker)

The plot is basic, I use my magical pogostick sword to enter the rainbow narwhal dimension and save my waifu Princess Luna from the evil hands of the draconequus Discord before Cthulu and his evil army of monkey scientologist

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Capcom and I have signed a contract for a DLC for DmC leading up to my own spin-off game
Starring me as the protagonist and John De Lancie as the antagonist (and Dragonmaster2010 as my stalker)

The plot is basic, I use my magical pogostick sword to enter the rainbow narwhal dimension and save my waifu Princess Luna from the evil hands of the draconequus Discord before Cthulu and his evil army of monkey scientologist
I call a bluff on that Random you big fat liar, because Capcom already signed a deal with ME! That's right, mine's a DLC about throwing acorns at Vergil while he's sleeping >_> it's officially called: Vergil's Downfall...Off The Side Of The Bed.

:cool: Go ask Capcom, they'll give you confirmation of it's production value; two McDonald toys and a milkshake. And they'll be glad to tell you about my spin off game: DmC: Squirrels Nibbling That Mattress.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I call a bluff on that Random you big fat liar, because Capcom already signed a deal with ME! That's right, mine's a DLC about throwing acorns at Vergil while he's sleeping >_> it's officially called: Vergil's Downfall...Off The Side Of The Bed.

:cool: Go ask Capcom, they'll give you confirmation of it's production value; two McDonald toys and a milkshake. And they'll be glad to tell you about my spin off game: DmC: Squirrels Nibbling That Mattress.
Except that is where you are wrong, for your game makes a CAMEO in the background of mine

That's RIGHT!
In mission 13, when Tim Phillips and Reuben Langdon are fighting for the key of Dante-ness! Super-Burt Ward-man is in the headquarters of the order, where we see Vergil's journal, which mentions how he feels things pelting him in his sleep

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Except that is where you are wrong, for your game makes a CAMEO in the background of mine

That's RIGHT!
In mission 13, when Tim Phillips and Reuben Langdon are fighting for the key of Dante-ness! Super-Burt Ward-man is in the headquarters of the order, where we see Vergil's journal, which mentions how he feels things pelting him in his sleep

Oh no no, see that's where yooou're wrong. Mission 13 of what you just mentioned was merely a complete dream sequence...in the acorn throwing comic, that never got published >_>;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
*thinks*

Um... well, not really. But it's still good to have you back.
Aw...
muffin_zps49a306d7.gif

Here, have a muffin :p

D

Deleted member 25469

Awesome off-topic is no off-topic in my book.

BTW, exactly how do we know that Capcom IR updates the million sellers list on April 1st?

Top Bottom