• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think DMC 2015 is still happening?

• Thread starter Deleted member 25469
  • Start date

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
If a DMC game is coming out in 2015, then E3 is likely the latest Capcom will announce it. DMC games generally come out in the beginning of the year, so an announcement at E3 would only be six-seven months notice. That isn't a lot of time. If there is a Devil May Cry game in the works and we do see it at E3, I don't think it will be for a 2015 release. 2016 sounds more likely.
Another would be TGS, only time will tell...

Meg

Another would be TGS, only time will tell...
Announcing the game at TGS would mean absolutely no way the game is coming out in 2015. Also, it would have to be DMC5 then because I doubt think the many people in Japan would care about a sequel to DmC2.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Announcing the game at TGS would mean absolutely no way the game is coming out in 2015. Also, it would have to be DMC5 then because I doubt think the many people in Japan would care about a sequel to DmC2.

They announced DmC at TGS sooooooo its not like it matters.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

They announced DmC at TGS sooooooo its not like it matters.

Reactions: Meg

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
hE517C064

Irrelevant post FTW!!1

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Exactly knowing Capcom they already gave up on DmC 2 and/or DMC5
You got that right...
DMC4 has shown its lackluster for the DMC IP in general, proving that Crampcom's in-house dev team have run out of ideas already!
Then out of the blue came DmC because of that... I do however credit Ninja Theory for making a backstory for their Dante incarnation and his character development like that of DMC3 Dante's.
Both DMC4 and DmC were good on their own individually, but not good enough as they could've been made better... more on DMC4 though! They can't beat even DMC1 and DMC3 combined. Let's not get to DMC2 now, shall we? I'm glad Capcom ignored that!

raxii

Things go like this in Capcom:

Kamiya-san leaves: Devil May Cry and Resident Evil get affected. RE loses its terror and becomes a shooter. Devil May Cry starts to be almost like alternative universes every game they do (you know, with all the plotholes and things like that). Oh yeah, and let's not forget: Capcom blaming the fans for not buying the game "just because they changed his hair".

Inafune-san leaves: they kill 4 games (or more) of Megaman that were in production and then they blame the fans for not being supportive.

In other games: pay for the content that its already on the disc, please. Or even better, let's sell a version, and 2 months later, we make another version with more characters.

I mean, c'mon, they could do so much more if they didn't rush things and listened to the fans.

mrrandomlulz

DMC is dead unless the IP gets sold, we're not getting a new title for either universe.
SELL IT TO KONAMI!
I wanna DMC1 Dante and Simon Belmont duking it out for who is a better over-the-top yet-totally awesome Demon hunter! (Vampires are demons, they can be killed by holy objects)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I say give the rights of Devil May Cry to DC. I'd love to see a comic book adaption to the series.
Or even give the rights to Vertigo comics.

mrrandomlulz

I say give the rights of Devil May Cry to DC. I'd love to see a comic book adaption to the series.
Or even give the rights to Vertigo comics.
Honestly, with the over the top things that happen in DMC, Dante would be more at home with MARVEL. He can join the OP healing factor club!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
If its still happening, it'll probably be announced this year and come out in 2016/2017.

@DragonMaster2010
Actually DC did buy the rights to do a DMC comic through their wildstorm imprint but that folded and i think they got busy restructuring with the reboot so the rights probably reverted back to Capcom.

Top Bottom