• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you reccomend any games?

aka958

Don't trust people
What's the better way to get to play those games that is really good and you haven't played yet?
I think it is if someone reccomends a game to you.

Like here is what I reccomend for some:

Clive Barkers Jericho
Shooter game that is good in it's own way.

Final Fantasy I anniversary Edition
If you are a final fantasy fan and haven't played the original
then you should try it out for the PSP.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy
I've spent over 24 hours just watching the game and it haven't come out
to Europe yet and I still reccomend it because it is an awesome game just to watch.

Tell about some games you would reccomend and why. Then maybe someone decides to go buy it in the store and maybe actually likes it really much.

Keaton

Premium
Batman Arkham Asylum
--A game that truly captures the essence of the caped crusader. Albiet a short game, its still worth every penny of the full-selling price.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
--A MASSIVE game, it lacks in story but makes it up in the sheer mass of Monsters and Equipment! Although the only drawback is the CONSTANT need for item farming >.<

Ben 10 Protector of Earth (PSP)
--This was a TV series I enjoyed and actually...the game is very solid. Its a great side-scrolling beatemup and despite the incomplete set of Aliens to use, its still fun and true enough to the series to appreciate.

Resident Evil 4
--A truly amazing game and my fav in the series, nothing quite compares in my opinion. You can keep your muscle bound Chris, I'll keep my Leon :D

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

- A one hell of combination of RPG, dungeon crawling, and dating sim in a game. One of the finest RPG game. Has a great soundtrack.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

- Same as above, but the girls in this are game more hotter, and the gameplay is refined. Has a very fine soundtrack.

Resident Evil 4

- No need to say, as it is one of the best action horror game, with Leon as the star of action games, in my opinion... Oh, and it's soundtrack is really great, and eerie too...

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon

- Check the link below for my review.
http://forums.devilmaycry.org/showthread.php?t=18300

Wild Arms 5

- One of the best Wild Arms game. Features wild wild west theme in an RPG game, it really shines in RPG department, sadly, the game and the rest of the games in the series are underrated, due to lack of promotion from Sony. Awesome soundtrack too.

Yakuza 2

- Has become better than the first game, with more action moves, better storyline, better soundtrack and so on. Too bad Yakuza 3 is not localised yet...

Shadow of the Colossus

- An epic game. It has beautiful graphics, and nice gameplay.Too bad it is a short game, and it's soundtrack is phenomenal.

Megaman X Command Mission

- Features Megaman X in an RPG game. Zero,s and X's armor are so cool. A good gameplay, nice soundtrack, and great story.

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2

- Has a real hard difficulty, but the game is awesome with nice cell shaded graphics, soundtrack, storyline, and most of all, voice acting. Too bad the game is concluded... I am looking forward to another DDS game...

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

- A nice RPG game features a half human and half demon trying to find his teacher. The game features Dante too, which as always, cool and strong. The soundtrack is gothic, rock and orchestral themed and are awesome. Great gameplay and storyline, but too bad it doesn't have voice acting, except battle grunts...

Most of the games I listed are games are Japan games, not so popular games, and so on. In my opinion, most of the games are great, but too bad the companies that made the games are lazy to promote them...

Sparda™

-- Half-Life 2 --

Best PC game ever. An in-depth FPS like none other, with one huge involving storyline, interactive gameplay, advanced Havok Physics, stunning Source Engine and a whole experience for you to follow. Along with Half-Life 2, there are Episode 1 & 2 as the story goes on.

-- Resident Evil 4 --

Best survival-horror-meets-TPS (third-person shooter) game ever. Do I really have to comment any further about the awesomeness of this game?!

-- Tekken 6 --

Probably the best fighting game. It's being released this fall and you should give It a try. Gameplay is solid and fun, plus, you have the chance to customize the fighters the way you want to.

Meg

Red Faction Guerilla because you can drive cars right throuh buildings! Its a good game to play when you're stressed because of the level of destruction.

aoshi

I have played RE4 and Tekken 5. Great action games. RE 4 not in genre of action games but has good gameplay and strats to be defined.Tekken 5 great action game and good combos.

Street fighter alpha 3(ps2):

Epic recreation of classic with super speed game play. If u can catch speed of SF at turbo , any 3D game will be easier to play.

Capcom vs SNK 2: (ps2)

Great gameplay with good combos.Jus beat boss battle mode. Anyone who enjoys good action will love this game.

But difficulty levels are hell. Gamers who want to beat all levels will find the above games have sick levels to complete.I have fallen sick playing CVS2 in boss battle mode:(.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Games that i love and recommend to others;

1. Divinity 2: Ego Draconis.
This game is currently released in German only, but there is an English version on its way to the stores. Made by Larian Studios, It is an RPG of such calibre, that makes Fallout, Arcanum, and even Final Fantasy pale.
1.1 Divine Divinity.
The prequel of Divinity 2, that you must play before the 2nd.

2. Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed.
Even being a 9 year old game, it`s the last NFS game created by the original developers before EA Black Box took over. That said, it is a must for every racing game fan to play it and win.

3. Batman Arkham Asylum.
If this game can move someone who hasnt been interested in Batman all his life, then imagine what would happen to Batman fans!

4. Assassins Creed.
One of the rare games that deliver. Especially suggest you to play this before AC2 comes out!

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Some games I'd recommend:

1. Resident Evil 5
Absolutely superb when played with a friend. Quite possibly the best co-op gaming experience I've had since the original Gears of War.

2. Halo 3: ODST
Biggest gripe: No matchmaking for the Firefight mode. Sigh. However, when you can get three other friends together, ODST can be a blast.

3. Left 4 Dead
Another brilliant co-op game when you're not playing with douches.

4. Trials HD.
Not for everybody - but I like it. :p

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
Hmm... Let's see:

Indigo Prophecy (Playstation 2)
It's a murder mystery game that really keeps you on edge. You have to really please your characters and make the right choices.

Shadow of The Colossus (Playstation 2)
It's a pretty epic game. Beautiful environment and story. I know you might be riding horseback trying to find these things, but defeating these 16 Colossi are fun and also a challenge.

Earthbound (Super Nintendo)
One of my favorite SNes games. VERY under-rated, but an awesome adventure RPG. It also has the freakiest final boss in my opinion.

MOTHER 3 (Gameboy Advance)
It wasn't released outside of America, so you'll have to play the english ROM if you'd like. It's the 3rd game of the MOTHER/Earthbound series and by far the darkest and deepest of stories for this series. It'll also have you in tears.

The dark knight

F.E.A.R. - A wonderful game. Good creepiness.
F.E.A.R. 2 - Totally awesome.
F.E.A.R. Perseus mandate - Some parts scared the hell out of me.
F.E.A.R. Extraction point - Beginning is kinda cheesy but rest of the game is good.

Dead space - Creeped me the hell out.
Dead space Extraction - A good shooting game.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
VI-Rainbow;193107 said:
Legend of Dragoon. :> Very impressive RPG for the PS1.

Oh I loved that game.

---

My contribution: Dawn of War Platinum Edition off Steam, includes Dawn of War, DoW: Winter Assault and DoW: Dark Crusade, all for £10, brilliant deal for three great games.

(Even if Winter Assault is a little crap.)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wow. Really? No one's said Metroid Prime yet? I'm astonished. Anyway, Metroid Prime is no backyard first person shooter. It's a first person ADVENTURE. No other game I have played has put you into the person's shoes better than Metroid Prime. Please try it. You can get the entire trilogy on one disc for the Wii, and the first two have been revamped with Wii controls. Give this game a chance.

Keaton

Premium
I would heavily recommend Devil May Cry 4, especially since I just saw the PS3 version for £8! £8 for 100 hours of gaming! Bloody bargain!

Also, I'm thoroughly enjoying Dissidia for the PSP plus, I'd also recommend Dead Space, oh yes!

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Keaton;194309 said:
I would heavily recommend Devil May Cry 4, especially since I just saw the PS3 version for £8! £8 for 100 hours of gaming! Bloody bargain!

Also, I'm thoroughly enjoying Dissidia for the PSP plus, I'd also recommend Dead Space, oh yes!

100 hours only if you can be bothered to play through every difficulty and whore every achievement, hell, half of the Soul achievements, as well as S Ranking every mission will take up most of that time, if you're that dedicated. :lol:

Still, I'd vouch for DMC4 at that price, Dead Space is cheap as chips these days too, picking it up for the craptop for a sweet £10 later on, and Dissidia? No question about the value to be had there, 160 hours in and I'm still not done with the story, nor am I done with maxing out my characters.

aka958

Don't trust people
Dissidia? I've been playing over 250 hours and nowhere close maxing out my characters, 1 has perfect equip and abilities but that is just 1 of 22...
Devil may cry 4?! I've been playing it for around 200 hours and I still need to get 8 more S ranks in DMD and S rank in bloody palace before perfection.
And of course i love the metroid game for SNES but i haven't played the metroid games for gamecube and wii because that is the point where nintendo consoles started to lack in original gameplay which i like.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
aka958;194314 said:
And of course i love the metroid game for SNES but i haven't played the metroid games for gamecube and wii because that is the point where nintendo consoles started to lack in original gameplay which i like.

While I understand your reasoning, the Metroid games for gamecube and Wii are NOT mere shooters. Imagine everything that was awesome in Super Metroid and put it into 3-D and you have Metroid Prime.

Top Bottom