• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do u find that old people think their right all the time

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
This question came into my mind a couple of hours back as i heard a old women talking about riot vans and police dogs and the normal police outside a pub called " the dragon's inn " and my mum works across the street from there so i asked the women
" is that near britannia building society " and the women said yeah.....
So i texted my mum telling her what i just heared and got a txt back saying that were no police , riot vans or dogs but just a ambulenece for a customer that had fainted ....

So i told the old women that she was mistaken and she told me that she saw the police and everything else only 30mins ago
Then i told her my mum works there she told me to " stop lying "

i think that she was very rude

hmm you should understand that with age ones mind gets changed so they are hard to understand but it depends on age so how old was she?

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
well people aged to that age due tend to have some wisdom. They probably a couple of kids perhaps a grandkid. people who i are older than you may think they are right and chances they are right because they are older than you.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
MY mum works in the place across the street and had a clear view of the pub and saw no riot vans or police and MY COLLEGE is TWO streets away from the pub and if there was a riot they wouldn't let us go home......... Y do u all disagree with me !!!!! i find this in the whole forum

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
True that was rude but unless I know they are wrong for a fact I would always give an older person the benifit of the doubt.
I remember my friends nan was damn hard work because she was a know it all about everything but I never really took her on about any of it. If I was them and I had someone half my age telling me "how it is" it would really annoy me and seem really disrespectful.
But in your case you are right she shouldnt have talked to you like you are too young to have a brain.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
omenminator;131347 said:
MY mum works in the place across the street and had a clear view of the pub and saw no riot vans or police and MY COLLEGE is TWO streets away from the pub and if there was a riot they wouldn't let us go home......... Y do u all disagree with me !!!!! i find this in the whole forum

I agree with you, because I know that you were right. I live in the same area as Omen, and was at College with him also. And there were no riot vans or anything of the kind. He told me later that it was just someone that had fainted, so I believe him. And I see where he is coming from... I respect old people, but no matter the age you shouldn't always think you are right. And in this case, she thought she was right even after being proven wrong.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
And some times they just can't help it.

My grand mother has dementia and her brain is more or less gone.

When we visit she will tell us that she got some new toys but they are the same ones we saw the last time we were there, and on top of that you can't tell her that she is wrong because it just makes her upset, she "knows" we have never seen theese toys.

Basically I find the best thing to do in that sort of situation is to just let them believe they are right, they have earned that much for putting up with all our (Young people in general) collective s***.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
I understand and sorry to hear that ...... but im sure the women didn't have dementia ......... but still no one apart form LOD has agreed with me ....... i respect the old but when they think there right when told their not point black in their faces i have no respect for them .

The Da3dra

Master Of War
Dude I agree with you. ;) I was just saying that sometimes they genuinely do believe they saw what they saw or know what they know. The best thing to do is just walk away. :)

and you don't need dementia to be that way it is just another layer to crazy that is now my grandma. now she thinks it is ok to shoplift I'm not even kidding you can't make this **** up. :lol:

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
omenminator;131367 said:
I understand and sorry to hear that ...... but im sure the women didn't have dementia ......... but still no one apart form LOD has agreed with me ....... i respect the old but when they think there right when told their not point black in their faces i have no respect for them .

And for good reason. IMO, however, people attain respect through benificent actions or being skilled in talking either for comfort's sake or to form a coherent, rational debate. I think it's illogical to respect people purely on account of their age. As we've seen, many of the oldest members of our society are virtually obsolete. Call me cold but it's the truth.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
and i can tlet them think they are right as they will only go onto the local news ( its hapened before ) and say somehthing .......

The Da3dra

Master Of War
omenminator;131388 said:
they say like they saw a gun man when it really was a normal man.......
LOL!!!! old people are funny. they are like little kids really. Did you know that elderly neglect is more common than child neglect?...That was out of the blue.

Top Bottom