• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do people really mean it when they say they want "something new"?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
What about Ubisoft hiring Michael Fassbender to be Ezio in AC?
I rather they just create their own assassins rather than use the ones from the games.

The assasins and templars having been fighting for so long, you could use any period as the backdrop which is what the comics did.

Assassins creed the chain took place in early 1900 russia and AC Brahmin takes placed in British occupied India

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
lol I never liked the grey on a Batman suit. It looks less intimating, less threatening.

i'd be more focused on "holy ****, this guy just broke my arm and is growing at me upside down 40 stories above the street". not so much the colors of the costume. and still a charcoal gray would even do it for me

128973c1fd7d7ebb908831f1e5fb098b.jpg
No thank you.
i can see it. ofcourse it'll be black due to the story line of the movie and the superman at the time wore a black and silver suit. only difference is the cape
SUPERMAN.REBORN-costume.jpg

5. KickAss was okay but a little too Spykids then KickAss for me.
BigDaddy goes out a hero when in the comic he went out like a saying his nothing but a fanboy.

OK6DNwR.jpg
The comic is brutal, bloody & vicious, it's understandable why things were so toned down, but a bit too much i think.

sometimes when it comes to making movies, "less is more". and i think that kick-ass did fine as a movie

Anyway i think Nicolas Cage would've been a good Zod.

03_nicolas_cage.jpg

info-
Nicolas Cage as General Zod

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Not all were bad.
Here's some okay ones
1. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
3. SilentHill
4. Mortal Kombat
5. Hitman
They weren't great but i found them enjoyable.

2. Yea it could've been the Double Dragon movie.
LOL all of them are CR@P ! I hate prince of Persia movie it was a cheesy ass romance bullshit and they ruined hitman by making him a freaking goodguy !! A hero WTF ? he's an assassin who kills for money in the games !

and don't even get me started on the **** poor predictable silent hill movie it is worse than Resident evil movies and 10X more boring.

I'm not a big mortal kombat game fan so i can't say wherether its good or bad but by the looks of it it just seems mediocre at best.

FF movies aren't even live action so they don't count.
i can think of mortal kombat, tombraider, pokemon 2000. they're out there. you just gotta dig deep
Well the thing is live action video game adaptations almost always Suck balls.. animated or CGI movies are much more faithful to the source material.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
1. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time wasn't as bad as Resident Evil: Retribution
But still was pretty bad. i mean the games were about time-travelling and cool sand monsters'n'stuff not a corny hollywood love story.
Wasn't that what made him a target in the game ?
Until the hitman abomination ruined everything... no he was just a professional killer there was no story or anything you just had targets and you had to kill them as efficiently&discreetly as possible to get maximum money.
Well what's a video game to movie that you think is good ?
I have yet to see a video game movie which is good i'm NOT being sarcastic i'm dead serious.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
I think its an endless cycle. usually when we want something and get it, we want something else or the old thing. Like back in school, I would get excited and decide to do a good job, then I would hate it and want summer to come back.

I rarely ever find a good experience, since I often want something else for some reason or another, like the whole DMC/DmC facade, but people only enjoy something if there's only one option of it. Like a signature house steak at a bar and grill.

this is kinda a bored rant, so its not really going anywhere

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
2. Sounds like Hitman was more on agencies double crossing this side, cover ups, betrayal, it's sounds complex.
Hitman games NEVER had a story until absolution.
Well the ones i listed i found okay
As stand alone films maybe but they're still spitting in the face of their source material.
But it's pretty much as i said it's hollywood's tak
e on whatever & things end up diluted from the source material.
that's how Hollywood works by cashing in some popular video game series expecting the fans to watch the movie.
The mario movie was so bad it became a meme.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
1. Yea i guess, i mean they couldn't just have him be a Hitman just killing with no storyline forever.
Its just breaking the concept of a game like the case with Pac-man 2.. it had nothing to do with the simple board game it was based on.

The main purpose of the game was supposed to be just being in the shoes of a pro killer.. there were some cutscenes here and there but basically you're just killing your targets there isn't a "Story" its just your job.
Yup this is how some people felt about ManOfSteel, TheWalkingDead, Robocop,& nearly every Reboot & Remake out there.
Well the directors are to blame... the movies are just crappy to mediocre.. they need to make a good movie like Prometheus to actually satisfy the fans.

If they can't make a great movie they're better off axing the project and i don't think Man of steel 2 is going be any better unless the director is replaced.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Hitman wouldn't have survived if it didn't evolve into something beyond the point of taking a contract then assassining some people.
I find this quote ironic because that's why DMC has become right now.. having a more story centered game instead of a simple hack'n'slash game with intense combat and lush visuals.
Why bother getting Hitman 2 or 3 or 4 when it's pretty much the same game just different graphics.
Because it has more missions,weapons,refined controls,visuals and you'll see finally what happens to such an assassin who deals with death everyday...

If you don't bother spoilers:-

Hitman 1 was about "Subject 47" who wakes up in a room where he is trained to be a hitman and soon he finds out that he's a clone made from deadly assassins around the world and a year later he's working for ICA and is indirectly given "Targets" by diana who's face was never shown.

Then you keep killing notorious rich,corrupt people (basically people you'd have no regrets killing) and finally realize that you'd been killing people who were related to a cloning project..which means you've been killing your own genetic parents the whole time !!

then Hitman gets one final target to kill in the same place he escaped from and outside the mission he rescues a CIA Agent who reveals that this whole place was running illegal cloning experiments infuriated by the fact that 47 actually did something outside the mission professor deploys other clones called "Mr.48"..

But 47 was too clever to fall into this ruse so he killed every single "48" and the professor mistakes him to be another "48" and gets killed while saying "its kinda sad when you can't even recognize your own son"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hitman 2 was mostly about him getting retired from being a hitman but is finally forced to come back because his best friend a father in a church was kidnapped and he has to rescue him.

So basically you can see that hitman games had a sublime criminal thriller like storyline along with some brilliant level designs mostly focused on assassinations.
I'm no big on story but Hitman needed one to break the redundancy. The idea of betrayal, secretes, not knowing who to trust all fits in the Hitman universe.
No it only fits in a cheap hollywood movie.. not a game mostly centered around assassinating people like a pro just like how resident evil should have remained being about some ordinary people in a mansion not unrealistic action movie crap.
To me what the Hitman & current games did wasn't anything new but more expanding on what's there.
Hitman is not about story.. just like how DMC isn't all about story.

Razorfist sums up hitman

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Hitman can have a story & remain where gameplay comes first.
It can i guess.. but the original games were just about simple sandbox "Be a professional killer".. its one of those games i really respect for being so..ingenious it can have a story of its own heck it already had betrayal in Blood money but it wasn't really a driving cause of the game.
3. The problem was Hitman looked repetitive.
No way ! you had free-roaming+various ways,various tools and various situations to finish off your targets.

Hitman is one of those games which succeeds in not being a repetitive borefest like dozens of those stinking shooters.
The small bit of story gave more purpose, but not more character to agent 47.
You're an assassin working for a top secret agency what more is there to know ? he's just doing his daily job.
DevilMayCry Dante had somewhat of a uniqueness to keep it focused on him because he's the son of sparda.
What's keeping Hitman from moving onto a new agent.
Actually kamiya wanted DMC 2 to be a completely different game with new protagonists so you're correct on this one DMC 1's ending was conclusive on purpose it was "The End".

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
It can i guess.. but the original games were just about simple sandbox "Be a professional killer".. its one of those games i really respect for being so..ingenious it can have a story of its own heck it already had betrayal in Blood money but it wasn't really a driving cause of the game.No way ! you had free-roaming+various ways,various tools and various situations to finish off your targets.

Hitman is one of those games which succeeds in not being a repetitive borefest like dozens of those stinking shooters.You're an assassin working for a top secret agency what more is there to know ? he's just doing his daily job.Actually kamiya wanted DMC 2 to be a completely different game with new protagonists so you're correct on this one DMC 1's ending was conclusive on purpose it was "The End".

On the last part, it is what I am getting at! But thanks to Capcom in their hasty decisions, that didn't even happen! Now look what happened to the "series"! Terrible sequel, retconning the original game instead of a prequel in which the DMC light novel Vol 1 was the better prequel, and made an "interquel" between 1 and 2 (not to mention an anime series taking place before that)...! If Capcom just fix the story, then this "new reboot" wouldn't be happening! But new writers come in...! Damn them!

Now I really want something new! REALLY!!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i just had a conversation with a few friends and we were on the topic of the last two superman films and we saw that after each movie complaint people kept saying "we want something new" but once they got it, all they did was try their best to tear it down. same with the new 52. people bitched and moaned about the comics getting dry (myself included) and then the new 52 came out and changed everything. and all people do now is hate on the new 52. same with other things like getting a new order from your favorite restaurant or asking for a new spice in the relationship. so the question that i wanted to discuss with you guys is "do people really want something new"

Well in general people do want new things but when contuining a franchise people love tends to get people antsy because people disagree about how that should be done.

The thing is tho Marvel and DC is built on nostalgia and the status quo so they are more resistant than other franchises at trying new things.

So most of the complaints are about how certain characters are portrayed or certain trends people dont like.

So below is my own personal opinion-

DC's reboot was not a bad idea but i disliked that Batman and Gl got a pass with most of their contiunity attached while everybody else had to throw everything out. It makes the reboot weaker in my opinion and makes DC look hypocritical and cowardly.

Ultimately some characters like Wally West were excommunicated while Batman got to keep his 4 robins started to cause distrust towards DC.

Individually the books are ranging from meh to ok to great but as a whole and as a continuity its cruddy. With reboots im a all or nothing kind of guy so i respected Marvel's decision not to reboot more because they admitted they werent ready to commit to a hard reboot.

Top Bottom