• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC's gameplay being easy?

Dante94513

I can't say the game was hard, but it wasn't too easy for me. Just like DMC4, DmC has everything on the fly which makes the game much easier for everyone (let's be honest here though, DMC4 was not at all much harder than DmC even if the bosses were superior).

I think it really depends on the player on how he/she plays it. The first few enemies definitely were a cake walk, but I feel like I would have a hard time if I have to face two Butchers and two dreamrunners at the same time.

Last edited:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
c'mon guys, i did say it was darn easy because the mechanics are superb, like i state, NT and capcom should make better ai for the enemy.. all the superb mechanics are in fact being subjected, because the enemies behaviour aren't made better

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I'm pretty sure difficulty doesn't has anything to do with gameplay, but rather than with how easy game itself is. You can have fluid responsive movement and still struggle, like it was in Vanquish. It's just nothing int his game poses much danger even on higher difficulties.

GF9000000Returns

Yes it was, but I think it's better off that way. Especially with the controls, man that's one of the best things about the game. Going back to play DMC3(HD collection) after DmC made my fingers hurt a bit. It's only the difficulty they needed to step up.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
it has everything to do innsmouth, darksouls were hard because the control made them so..
Dark Souls isn't really action game. It's action RPG. It's controls are part of it's overall design and it tries to put more or less, realistic moving character in dangerous world. IT's basically conscious decision. putting anything different in it, will basically ruin the game.

Fwelias

I'm sorta glad they made the game the easy. While the game wasn't challenging, it was really fun and I can always easily jump right back into after not playing it a while. Like absolitude said, the gameplay is very fluid and I think that's DmC's greatest strength.I was actually able to get my cousin and a couple friends into the game because it was an easy game. HnS games aren't the most popular among gamers but they did thoroughly enjoy DmC.

absolitude

It's very easy.
But, if you're like me and change your control scheme up on PC to what Sam D recommended me once (about a year or two ago)
then you're ****ed.
I can't get passed the first mission on DMD because I'm still not used to said controls.
RB - Shoot
Y - Gun Special
X - Attack
D pad - DT
It's very disorienting.

what? Sam D used that? holy what? wow, that's not disorienting to play, that's infuriating, lol.. he's like a musician i suppose, they tend to change their gear to what he prefers, also that make them cooler.. lol

I can't say the game was hard, but it wasn't too easy for me. Just like DMC4, DmC has everything on the fly which makes the game much easier for everyone (let's be honest here though, DMC4 was not at all much harder than DmC even if the bosses were superior).

I think it really depends on the player on how he/she plays it. The first few enemies definitely were a cake walk, but I feel like I would have a hard time if I have to face two Butchers and two dreamrunners at the same time.

DMC 4 was harder for me, because when i played it i'm more used to DMC3, 4 was clunkier, while 3 was so much fluid, for me.. DMC 3 was one that i call balanced, characters' gameplay and movement are also precise, and the enemy ai met that mechanic.. if onlt DmC could build that up, it would be a fun and hard game..

Dark Souls isn't really action game. It's action RPG. It's controls are part of it's overall design and it tries to put more or less, realistic moving character in dangerous world. IT's basically conscious decision. putting anything different in it, will basically ruin the game.

okay, then if DmC's mechanics were applied to DMC4 with the enemy's behaviour remains the same? will it be easier? i could grab em, pull my self towards em, launch at em, with much much more fluid movements, will it be easier? remember, you said gameplay has nothing to do with it..

I'm sorta glad they made the game the easy. While the game wasn't challenging, it was really fun and I can always easily jump right back into after not playing it a while. Like absolitude said, the gameplay is very fluid and I think that's DmC's greatest strength.I was actually able to get my cousin and a couple friends into the game because it was an easy game. HnS games aren't the most popular among gamers but they did thoroughly enjoy DmC.

and this kind of comment should open way for a sequel.. T_T im actually begging for it

Last edited by a moderator:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
okay, then if DmC's mechanics were applied to DMC4 with the enemy's behaviour remains the same? will it be easier? i could grab em, pull my self towards em, launch at em, with much much more fluid movements, will it be easier? remember, you said gameplay has nothing to do with it..
And now remember that you can grab and pull enemies to yourself in DMC4. And it still won't helps against enemies like Blitzes or Chimeras, because Chimeras randomly flap their tentacles, hurting you in process and Blitzes are immune to pulling moves. Same goes for Mephistoes and bosses. In the end half of mechanics would be useless.
Yeah it would be easier with smaller grunts, but by this logic old RE titles would be better if you had infinite inventor and can pack GL, RL, Magnum, Assault Rifle and normal gun in it. Would it be easier? yes? Would it be more challenging or interesting? no. Personally I loved DMC3 for removing ability to cary everything on your back, since it demanded experimenting and exploring your abilities.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@absolitude: Please don't double/triple post. Either edit your post (if possible) or allow others to reply before posting again. Thank you.

absolitude

And now remember that you can grab and pull enemies to yourself in DMC4. And it still won't helps against enemies like Blitzes or Chimeras, because Chimeras randomly flap their tentacles, hurting you in process and Blitzes are immune to pulling moves. Same goes for Mephistoes and bosses. In the end half of mechanics would be useless.
Yeah it would be easier with smaller grunts, but by this logic old RE titles would be better if you had infinite inventor and can pack GL, RL, Magnum, Assault Rifle and normal gun in it. Would it be easier? yes? Would it be more challenging or interesting? no. Personally I loved DMC3 for removing ability to cary everything on your back, since it demanded experimenting and exploring your abilities.

mind you with lower grade grab and pull in 4, anyway, you amaze me innsmouth, i'll cut this here since there's no end to this.. talking about games seemed like converting religion

@absolitude: Please don't double/triple post. Either edit your post (if possible) or allow others to reply before posting again. Thank you.

right on it sir.. that'll be the last..

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
mind you with lower grade grab and pull in 4, anyway, you amaze me innsmouth, i'll cut this here since there's no end to this.. talking about games seemed like converting religion
Actually you're pretty much right on this. Because we all tick in different directions, and we all love different sides of games. For me it's much enjoyable to have rules i have abid in game so I can vary inside of this rules (like DkS). For you probably freedom is much more important thn it. There is nobody wrong on this one. IT's just different people enjoy differen things.

Judge

I'm skeptical of those who says the game is easy; only 2.5% of players who bought the game finished the game on DMD mode. Thats what we know from trophy data. Thats actually a smaller percentage of people than those who finished DMC3 on DMD mode.

Its true the game is easier to play because the mechanics facilitate more accessable gameplay. In terms of what someone else said regarding camera perspective and all that stuff, that stuffs all true.

That however does not make the game easy. The difficultly comes from the enemy behaviour and constant variation of enemy barrages on the upper diffculites. I doubt anyone who says the game is easy has finished DMD mode SSS ranking all missions taking no damage, using no continues and using no items. Not even DMD mode, SOS mode is difficult enough for those accomplishments.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
So care to tell where did you come up with 2,6%? Because you know, if you talking about what shown inside your trophy menu on psn, it's percentage of ALL gamers. Including those who never bothered buying it. For reference: despite being very, very, easy percentage of those who completed Hitman Absolution with platinum is wooping 1,4%

GF9000000Returns

if you talking about what shown inside your trophy menu on psn, it's percentage of ALL gamers. Including those who never bothered buying it.

Even if the percentage was for all gamers, it still doesn't deny the fact that there's a small percentage of people completed DMD mode than the ones that completed earlier modes. Granted, maybe some got bored with the game, but like Judge said, another theory is that some rage quit on that mode, so yeah the DMD mode CAN be hard for some people.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Devil May Cry in general isn't as difficult to me as it is to other players. Most likely because I'm just use to it. I've been playing Devil May Cry since it first started, so yea. Getting a difficulty gauge on a player like me isn't the best bet because I can make higher difficulties just look easy. It really is all about the player.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Even if the percentage was for all gamers, it still doesn't deny the fact that there's a small percentage of people completed DMD mode than the ones that completed earlier modes. Granted, maybe some got bored with the game, but like Judge said, another theory is that some rage quit on that mode, so yeah the DMD mode CAN be hard for some people.
Umm...not really. Like i pointed out this measurement can't be actually used for anything because even much easier game games have sometimes lower percentage (example right before my eyes atm: Remember Me - 2%) . Don't forget, to get plat in DmC you need to play it 6 times through, which requires in general more thn 20 hours since it's estimated 6 hours per playthrough. So yeah, I can imagine big percentage was just got lazy and non-trophy hunters didn't bothered with more thn one playthrough.

Top Bottom