• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC6?

DmcJACKPOT

Let's rock!
idk...Dmc HAS potential but not everyone agree. Can you think of what the sequel of DMC2's gonna be like if there're gonna be one ?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
For DMC5 I would like Nero focused game like DMC4 but with a more upgraded skill set, more weapons for Nero, and abilities. This time he uses all of the buttons on the controller.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
DMC5 would tie up some loose ends and bridge the gap between four and 2 while 6 is everyone trying to figure out what happened to Dante.

nero's more off a side character but we would try to turn around public perception of him similarly to how Raiden was treated by Kojima in mgs4.

he has a smaller role but sometimes less is more because each time he appears, it would reveal a larger piece of the puzzle.

kryptoknight

Dmc five would be a Nero story. I don't like him, but it deeply ties into my expanded vision. Five would basiclly happen before and during two. With Vergil coming back and better than ever. He fought his way out of hell and he want's Dante's blood. Nero steps p, but can't qute handle the challange. The game would end with us NEEDING 6. Devil May Cry 6 would be a world ruled by Demons. Nero and the rest of Dante's collective companions are struggeling to protect the last pocets of humanity. The game would start us playing Nero and the first missionwould escilate in difficulty, leading to a hopless battle against countless foes. When all seems lost Hope finally arrives. An explosion. Smoke obscures your vision. As the haze fades we hear a familiar chuckel. "Thought I'd left this behind." Nero stands in shock. He quickly shakes it off to return to the task at hand. "Bout time you showed up! Wanna give me a hand!?" We see the frayed edges of a red coat. A shaggy, dirty, raggity DMC2 Dante emerges from the smoke. "Man I need some new threads." Nero laughs "Later. First let us attend to the task at hand."
The game Would switch you between Trish, Lady, Dante, and Nero, each providing imortant parts of the story, though none rivaling Dante. The story would be the final showdown between the sons of Sparda. An epic conclusion for the serise. Dante would eventually die killing Vergil for good. The epilouge would show a world peicing itself back together. Nero stands before a statue that isn't quite visible. his face is serious for a while, then he laughs. "It doesn't suit you old man." He turns to face the others. They all look at him and he smiles. "What?" He chuckles. As he walks away, the whole statue becomes fully visble. It is of Dante back to back with Sparda The sceen changes to that of a grimy, dingy, cluttered office. A phone rings. A hand jets out and picks it up. "Devil May Cry." It pans out to Nero's face. We see the assembled members of the buusiness around him looking eager. "Yea, we're under New Management!" Fade to black and end.

kryptoknight

Thank you. It took a lot for me to work nero into a storyy afer i'd been trying hard to forget him, but he is an okay character. (has recently replayed four.) Check out my thread called Devil May Cry: Noir I would love to get your ten-cents on it.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I think DMC6 should be the end of the DMC saga....not so sure what that means for DmC.....but knowing Capcom they'll probably make a spin-off about it......WITH THE SAME GAMEPLAY!!!.....or something along the lines of Dragon's Dogma.

seraphmaycry

auctually i would like it if for once the evil person turned out to be dante in the next dmc i know it seems sort of lazy if they copy over the dmc4 combat system which is why they should make a new thing so that there is two discs like dmc2 but with a twist the dante disk follows dante leaving a unclear story of him doing some stuff that does not seem related to anything example creating and uncreating devil arms while in the second disk thaat follows some other character or maybe different levels with different characters for each like first 4 missions for trish next 3 for nero etc and at the end u can play any mission with any character but anyway at the end you will fight dante if u played through the dante disk already then dante is more then just an AI he is a manifestation of your own skill meaing he has YOUR fighting style perfect for noobs and pros

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
I think the main reason they rebooted DMC was because they could not think of anything for the storyline after DMC2, but more importantly, I think that they should explain what happened between DMC4 and DMC2.
If they were to make a hypothetical DMC6, then I think it should explain how Dante's personality changed. I think whoever the new bad guy is should kill Nero,Trish, or Lady, and Dante will become depressed, thus, explaining his dramatic character change in DMC2.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think the main reason they rebooted DMC was because they could not think of anything for the storyline after DMC2, but more importantly, I think that they should explain what happened between DMC4 and DMC2.
If they were to make a hypothetical DMC6, then I think it should explain how Dante's personality changed. I think whoever the new bad guy is should kill Nero,Trish, or Lady, and Dante will become depressed, thus, explaining his dramatic character change in DMC2.
That feels more like a dmc5 than a dmc6.

KtWtWiS43

I'm reposting my thoughts on another thread by Railazel, who asked what a new entry to the series should have, by answering:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is your theme?
  • How does your theme evolve the DMC franchise?
  • What devices will you use to create your story?
  • How will those devices aid in telling the story and portraying your theme?
  • While creating you story, what point of view will you tell it from?
  • How will this perspective aid in story- telling?
  • What kind of setting and events will you use?
  • How will these events advance the story?
  • What kind of characters will you use?
  • How will these characters grow?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here we go:

My thoughts on a true sequel to the Devil May Cry franchise, would be following Devil May Cry 2. Essentially, this game would be a true: Devil May Cry 5
  • What is your theme?
Overcoming the past, bringing everything back into balance
In what has the potential to be the last major chapter of Dante's story in the Devil May Cry universe, the theme of breaking away from fate, overcoming the mistakes of our ancestor's, and bringing something new and bright into the world, has the potential to shake the very foundations of the series. What makes the Devil May Cry universe so compelling is that each of the characters are so very flawed in their own ways. Each character essentially carries a major trauma that defines the course of their lives, up until this point in the story. For the series story arc to truly come full circle, each character must face their traumas. Some will overcome them, others will succumb to them. But ultimately, each character will be tested, which thusly provides the primary narrative of the game.
The idea of the "Sins of the Father," would be the primary device. Its presence in the story would serve to both illustrate and define character relationships, as well as to symbolize the idea that the sins of the past generation are affecting the next generation. Thusly, all the characters are tied together by the inherited sins they must atone for, so that future generations may be given the chance to start with a clean slate.

How will those devices aid in telling the story and portraying your theme?

"A son cleaning up this father's mess huh? Where have I heard this story before?"
-Dante (to Beowulf in Devil May Cry 3)

To expand upon the idea of the "Sins of the Father," first, let's start with the idea that Sparda was not perfect. He did save the human world and led a just and noble life, but like anyone else, he made mistakes. Not to imply that Sparda's betrayal of his race was the wrong descision to make, or that his actions were any less than just, but it is undeniable that Sparda's actions forever changed the relationship between the Human World and Demon World for the next 2,000 years, which left the next generation with the terrible burden of dealing with the vast repurcussions which would follow. This burden must therefore be addressed and set right. Thus, not only does Dante's character inherit Sparda's blood, but also the burden of Sparda's betrayal of his race.

Another of Sparda's sins, is thusly exemplified in his son Vergil. As stated before, despite the fact that Sparda only sought to do what he felt was right, his actions would inevitably change the face of both worlds. Vergil is yet another of the repurcussions of Sparda's actions. In seeking to save the Human World, Sparda ironically fathered the one devil that could potentially destroy it. This is yet another of Dante's tasks to set right.

The last of Sparda's known sins is made clear to gamers in Devil May Cry 3, with the revelation that he sacrificed a human woman to seal Teminigru. This sin however, is something Dante has already begun to set right; through his close friendship with Lady, who is the sacrificed woman's ancestor. But to bring both of their stories full circle, the context of the narrative would suggest that Lady must eventually become Dante's wife, which would fully reconcile the bloody past that their ancestors shared, as well as finally resolving their own feelings for one another.

In essence, the idea of "cleaning up Sparda's mess," however well intentioned it was, would serve to illustrate the main theme of the game as stated above, as well as to fully resolve Dante as a character and the universe of Devil May Cry. And although Dante's arc is the one fully expressed in this section (with light touches from Lady and Vergil) ALL of the characters must face their own demons in this way, to bring the story to a satisfying concusion.

While creating your story, what point of view will you tell it from?
Maybe even more so than before, the world needs Dante. With this curious new "DmC" title from Ninja Theory sidelining the main story line, fans have been left with the feeling that Dante may forever remain trapped in the Underworld following the events of Devil May Cry 2, both literally and figuratively. Thus, it's a funny thought, considering how desperately the true Dante is needed both inside and out of the game. Therefore to illustrate this point, the beginning of DMC5 should be told from Trish's perspective as both the characters and fans are left in a state of shock, wondering what has become of our beloved hero. Following Dante's return, the narrative would focus on the true star of the series: Dante himself.

It should be noted that Dante's absence would not go unnnoticed by the local demon community. This would inevitably put a great deal of stress on Trish to go on the defensive for damage control, to keep the demons at bay, who would be newly invigorated with the knowledge of Dante's disappearance.

Understanding where all of the characters are coming from is essential in understanding why Trish and Dante would be the most important perspectives in terms of the narrative of the game. Fans of the series would be so excited to finally have another game featuring Hideki Kamiya's Dante, that giving the reins to Trish would only accentuate the excitment leading up to Dante's return, a moment that's been over 9 years in the making. Also, considering the need to introduce all of the series's characters, assemble them, and organize them, Trish presents the most level headed perspective to bring everything together for the audience. With the addition that she is in the main leadership role until Dante's return, Trish offers the best perspective to put the audience into the world of the game, and help the audience understand the unique problems and difficulties that the characters face, in the wake of Dante's absence. Trish's perspective would last until Dante returns, which would mark the end of the game's introductory missions, with the player feeling the victory of being given control of the true Dante character once more.

When Dante does finally return from the Underworld, the knowledge that Dante brings with him will lay the foundation for the game's ultimate conflict, and therefore, the direction that the story must take. With the fans having waited so long, Dante must remain the main playable character for the rest of the story, as the Devil May Cry series has always been Dante's story. Therefore, Dante's perspective is the one that is sorely neeeded to drive the game and provide the true Devil May Cry experience needed to make DMC5 the installment that fans of the series deserve.
Familiar locations such as the Devil May Cry Office, Fortuna, the Underworld, and Vie de Marli, are all neccesary to the plot, and offer impressive set pieces for the game's story, beyond just fan-service. A return to a sunken Mallet Island would also serve to bring back a sense of nostalgia to players as well. The major events that would take place at these locations would incude the deaths of major characters, the introduction of major plot elements, and ultimately the end of the series as a whole narrative work.

The events in the story would essentially drive each character closer and closer to achieving what the theme promises: Overcoming the past. But even more than that, the events of the story would offer an uncompromising look at humanity, the triumph of the human spirit, and the healing power of love.
Main Cast Listing:

Dante
Lady
Trish
Vergil
Nero
Lucia
Kyrie
Enzo
Matier
Mundus
Sparda
Eva

How will these characters grow?
As stated many times, the characters are what drive the story of Devil May Cry. In order to accomplish a thrilling and emotionally satisfying conclusion to the series, the characters must face their demons, and the characters left standing must learn to take the lessons they've learned and continue living. Undoubtedly, the series hasn't seen a plot as inticing or satisfying as the plot of the original Devil May Cry or Dante's Awakening (DMC3). And with each subsequent game that is released, the Devil May Cry universe has amassed more than enough characters to create a compelling and original narrative. However, at the rate things have been going for the series, Dante deserves a true sendoff. Wasting away in sub par sequels or half baked re-boots is hardly a fitting end to one of videogames greatest characters. Thus, the series demands the fitting conclusion it deserves; a conclusion that can only be met by the full circle made by the growth of the series's characters.

KtWtWiS43

I'm reposting my thoughts on another thread by Railazel, who asked what a new entry to the series should have, by answering:
What is your theme?
Here we go:

My thoughts on a true sequel to the Devil May Cry franchise, would be following Devil May Cry 2. Essentially, this game would be a true: Devil May Cry 5
  • What is your theme?
In what has the potential to be the last major chapter of Dante's story in the Devil May Cry universe, the theme of breaking away from fate, overcoming the mistakes of our ancestor's, and bringing something new and bright into the world, has the potential to shake the very foundations of the series. What makes the Devil May Cry universe so compelling is that each of the characters are so very flawed in their own ways. Each character essentially carries a major trauma that defines the course of their lives, up until this point in the story. For the series story arc to truly come full circle, each character must face their traumas. Some will overcome them, others will succumb to them. But ultimately, each character will be tested, which thusly provides the primary narrative of the game.
The idea of the "Sins of the Father," would be the primary device. Its presence in the story would serve to both illustrate and define character relationships, as well as to symbolize the idea that the sins of the past generation are affecting the next generation. Thusly, all the characters are tied together by the inherited sins they must atone for, so that future generations may be given the chance to start with a clean slate.

"A son cleaning up this father's mess huh? Where have I heard this story before?"

To expand upon the idea of the "Sins of the Father," first, let's start with the idea that Sparda was not perfect. He did save the human world and led a just and noble life, but like anyone else, he made mistakes. Not to imply that Sparda's betrayal of his race was the wrong descision to make, or that his actions were any less than just, but it is undeniable that Sparda's actions forever changed the relationship between the Human World and Demon World for the next 2,000 years, which left the next generation with the terrible burden of dealing with the vast repurcussions which would follow. This burden must therefore be addressed and set right. Thus, not only does Dante's character inherit Sparda's blood, but also the burden of Sparda's betrayal of his race.

Another of Sparda's sins, is thusly exemplified in his son Vergil. As stated before, despite the fact that Sparda only sought to do what he felt was right, his actions would inevitably change the face of both worlds. Vergil is yet another of the repurcussions of Sparda's actions. In seeking to save the Human World, Sparda ironically fathered the one devil that could potentially destroy it. This is yet another of Dante's tasks to set right.

The last of Sparda's known sins is made clear to gamers in Devil May Cry 3, with the revelation that he sacrificed a human woman to seal Teminigru. This sin however, is something Dante has already begun to set right; through his close friendship with Lady, who is the sacrificed woman's ancestor. But to bring both of their stories full circle, the context of the narrative would suggest that Lady must eventually become Dante's wife, which would fully reconcile the bloody past that their ancestors shared, as well as finally resolving their own feelings for one another.

In essence, the idea of "cleaning up Sparda's mess," however well intentioned it was, would serve to illustrate the main theme of the game as stated above, as well as to fully resolve Dante as a character and the universe of Devil May Cry. And although Dante's arc is the one fully expressed in this section (with light touches from Lady and Vergil) ALL of the characters must face their own demons in this way, to bring the story to a satisfying concusion.

Maybe even more so than before, the world needs Dante. With this curious new "DmC" title from Ninja Theory sidelining the main story line, fans have been left with the feeling that Dante may forever remain trapped in the Underworld following the events of Devil May Cry 2, both literally and figuratively. Thus, it's a funny thought, considering how desperately the true Dante is needed both inside and out of the game. Therefore to illustrate this point, the beginning of DMC5 should be told from Trish's perspective as both the characters and fans are left in a state of shock, wondering what has become of our beloved hero. Following Dante's return, the narrative would focus on the true star of the series: Dante himself.

It should be noted that Dante's absence would not go unnnoticed by the local demon community. This would inevitably put a great deal of stress on Trish to go on the defensive for damage control, to keep the demons at bay, who would be newly invigorated with the knowledge of Dante's disappearance.

Understanding where all of the characters are coming from is essential in understanding why Trish and Dante would be the most important perspectives in terms of the narrative of the game. Fans of the series would be so excited to finally have another game featuring Hideki Kamiya's Dante, that giving the reins to Trish would only accentuate the excitment leading up to Dante's return, a moment that's been over 9 years in the making. Also, considering the need to introduce all of the series's characters, assemble them, and organize them, Trish presents the most level headed perspective to bring everything together for the audience. With the addition that she is in the main leadership role until Dante's return, Trish offers the best perspective to put the audience into the world of the game, and help the audience understand the unique problems and difficulties that the characters face, in the wake of Dante's absence. Trish's perspective would last until Dante returns, which would mark the end of the game's introductory missions, with the player feeling the victory of being given control of the true Dante character once more.

When Dante does finally return from the Underworld, the knowledge that Dante brings with him will lay the foundation for the game's ultimate conflict, and therefore, the direction that the story must take. With the fans having waited so long, Dante must remain the main playable character for the rest of the story, as the Devil May Cry series has always been Dante's story. Therefore, Dante's perspective is the one that is sorely neeeded to drive the game and provide the true Devil May Cry experience needed to make DMC5 the installment that fans of the series deserve.
Familiar locations such as the Devil May Cry Office, Fortuna, the Underworld, and Vie de Marli, are all neccesary to the plot, and offer impressive set pieces for the game's story, beyond just fan-service. A return to a sunken Mallet Island would also serve to bring back a sense of nostalgia to players as well. The major events that would take place at these locations would incude the deaths of major characters, the introduction of major plot elements, and ultimately the end of the series as a whole narrative work.

The events in the story would essentially drive each character closer and closer to achieving what the theme promises: Overcoming the past. But even more than that, the events of the story would offer an uncompromising look at humanity, the triumph of the human spirit, and the healing power of love.
Main Cast Listing:

Dante
Lady
Trish
Vergil
Nero
Lucia
Kyrie
Enzo
Matier
Mundus
Sparda
Eva

As stated many times, the characters are what drive the story of Devil May Cry. In order to accomplish a thrilling and emotionally satisfying conclusion to the series, the characters must face their demons, and the characters left standing must learn to take the lessons they've learned and continue living. Undoubtedly, the series hasn't seen a plot as inticing or satisfying as the plot of the original Devil May Cry or Dante's Awakening (DMC3). And with each subsequent game that is released, the Devil May Cry universe has amassed more than enough characters to create a compelling and original narrative. However, at the rate things have been going for the series, Dante deserves a true sendoff. Wasting away in sub par sequels or half baked re-boots is hardly a fitting end to one of videogames greatest characters. Thus, the series demands the fitting conclusion it deserves; a conclusion that can only be met by the full circle made by the growth of the series's characters.

seraphmaycry

What is your theme?

Here we go:

• What is your theme?

Main Cast Listing:

Dante
Lady
Trish
Vergil
Nero
Lucia
Kyrie
Enzo
Matier
Mundus
Sparda
Eva

yet you have not mentioned gameplay functions a game is more then a story

Top Bottom