• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5 Review

Goldsickle

it would be nice if you actually watch the video completely
I don't want to.
If I want to read what a DmC hater says, I can just read a s***post in GameFAQs.
I don't need to watch it in video form.

I think you should be more respectful when talking to people in this forum,
Says the hypocrite who doesn't show the same amount of respect to others.

When DID HE RANT?
The part where he ranted.
You know what is a rant and you can tell when he ranted.

Kcritic

I don't want to.
If I want to read what a DmC hater says, I can just read a s***post in GameFAQs.
I don't need to watch it in video form.

DmC was barely mentioned in the review aside from a minute of my thoughts on it.

Goldsickle

DmC was barely mentioned in the review aside from a minute of my thoughts on it.
That mention is all I needed to know the kind of person that wrote the review.
A DmC hater who likes DMC5?
Yeah, I've seen enough of those in GameFAQs or other forums.

Did you play DmC until the end?

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
I show respect to others hear, but you didn't, and this is the proof

And you are still talking about the video whitout even seeing it completely, so don't express yourself if you only watched 15 minutes of it by saying it's a rant seen its not the case

Goldsickle

I show respect to others
You don't.
You go on about how one needs to respect others point of view but you don't respect mine.
So you're a hypocrite.

And you are still talking about the video whitout even seeing it completely,
Yes I am.
No one here can force me to watch the whole video for me to give feedback.
You're not gonna say that you watch/read/listen to every single portion of a media before giving feedback of your own?
Even you must have given negative feedback to a media you didn't finish experiencing.

For example, did you finish every single game you played to completion?
If you have even a single game you stopped before completion and then give a negative feedback, we're on the same boat.

Vergil95

You don't.
You go on about how one needs to respect others point of view but you don't respect mine.
So you're a hypocrite.

Yes I am.
No one here can force me to watch the whole video for me to give feedback.
You're not gonna say that you watch/read/listen to every single portion of a media before giving feedback of your own?
Even you must have given negative feedback to a media you didn't finish experiencing.

For example, did you finish every single game you played to completion?
If you have even a single game you stopped before completion and then give a negative feedback, we're on the same boat.
I played every game I buyed yes, until the end, I even watch movie until the end to give a criticism

I respect your point but I don't like you manners that s the difference

And yours are not even negative feedback are just word who not creat a good criticism, they are not constructive

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Alright, ladies and gentlemen, that is officially enough. I haven't gotten through half of these posts and already I'm sorry I didn't check on this earlier.
@Goldsickle That is a warning. Don't push it. If you are not going to watch the video why are you commenting on it? You could've just said 'saw 15 minutes of it, didn't agree, didn't feel like continuing' but instead I find this whole thing is disarray and got into it with the dude who made it. Why do I have to explain the finer details of polite conversation?
If anyone else's behaviour was inappropriate I'll get to you when I read the whole thing, and you don't have to worry about editing your posts post action, I'll check the histories, too.

If you have nothing nice or constructive to say to the author of this video don't bother posting. For everyone else, stay frosty.

Goldsickle

And yours are not even negative feedback are just word who not creat a good criticism, they are not constructive
It is constructive.
The uploader could lessen the hate if he cuts down on unnecessary rants in his review.

If I wrote a review about the RE2 remake and then started it with rants about how "RE7 sucks", then I'll just get hate and dislikes from people who liked RE7.

It depends on how you take the feedback.

And I don't believe you one bit about experiencing every single media before giving feedback.
It's only human to quit halfway for some media that really doesn't interest you.

If you are not going to watch the video why are you commenting on it?
Because there is no law that states one can't give feedback on a media they haven't completely seen or experienced.
Even online services like Steam, PSN or XBL allows you to rate or review games you didn't complete.

If you didn't want this kind of activity in this community, then make a rule forbidding it.

and you don't have to worry about editing your posts post action, I'll check the histories, too.
You haven't fully read my posts and you're already throwing childish assumptions that I will edit my posts to make them look more appealing.
I have nothing to hide.
If this is the kind of "mod" that judges me, then it didn't matter if I wrote something appealing or not, you're already biased against me.

Vergil95

It is constructive.
The uploader could lessen the hate if he cuts down on unnecessary rants in his review.

If I wrote a review about the RE2 remake and then started it with rants about how "RE7 sucks", then I'll just get hate and dislikes from people who liked RE7.

It depends on how you take the feedback.

And I don't believe you one bit about experiencing every single media before giving feedback.
It's only human to quit halfway for some media that really doesn't interest you.

Because there is no law that states one can't give feedback on a media they haven't completely seen or experienced.
Even online services like Steam, PSN or XBL allows you to rate or review games you didn't complete.

If you didn't want this kind of activity in this community, then make a rule forbidding it.

You haven't fully read my posts and you're already throwing childish assumptions that I will edit my posts to make them look more appealing.
I have nothing to hide.
If this is the kind of "mod" that judges me, then it didn't matter if I wrote something appealing or not, you're already biased against me.
Well personally I watch every game, movie, and read book until the end to give a judgment about it...

I think that game reviewer, movie reviewer and book reviewer see movie until the end to give a criticism about it....

You are right whit the example of re 2 and re 7, but that's not the case since he only talked about dmc a bit but he also praised some part of it

Goldsickle

Well personally I watch every game, movie, and read book until the end to give a judgment about it...
It's not limited to public reviews or critics.
It also applies even if you keep your negative feedback to yourself or people close to you.

So if you quit watching/reading a media before completion and have a negative impression on it, you're no different than me.
It's up to how honest you are at admitting this.

You are right whit the example of re 2 and re 7,
See? We're getting somewhere.
If only people would stop overreacting.

He does "talked about DmC a bit" but that much was enough to give me enough of a negative impression to not watch the rest of the review.

My criticism is the only "constructive" one here.
If this "critic" is only going to accept blind praise, then he'll never improve.
Advice: don't put unnecessary rants in your video that will turn people off, especially if you talked s*** about a game they like.

To put into perspective, if I were to draw a 30-page comic and someone isn't interested enough to read the whole thing after 3-5 pages, then that's on me.
Either I didn't make it interesting enough on the intro for the reader to continue or I could even have wrote something offending that turns off the reader from continuing.

I'm not gonna be all whiny and force someone to read the whole comic before they're "allowed" to give feedback.

ShiningTempest

There is NO PART where he ranted.
I know what a rant is and there was no rant in the video.

If that challenges your perception of reality you can provide a TIMESTAMP where the rant took place according to your perception.
We can analyze the verbatim and discern whether it was a rant or not.

Did you play DmC until the end?
First you claim that you will not watch the video till the end and now you accuse people of not playing DmC till the end.

Kcritic

I did play DmC to completion. I didn’t find it to be a good game but I also stated that I liked the new difficulties added in definitive such as God’s must die and mentioned my desire to see these modes in the future for DMC5.

Goldsickle

I did play DmC to completion. I didn’t find it to be a good game but I also stated that I liked the new difficulties added in definitive such as God’s must die and mentioned my desire to see these modes in the future for DMC5.
May advice is to cut down on the ranting.

Maybe you thought you toned it down and tried to elaborate but the part about DmC kinda dragged on and on until it just looks like a rant.
"Everybody hates Dante!" "Everybody hates the story!" "Didn't end with a bang.... but a WHIMPER". (Paraphrasing)

It's up to you if you want to listen, though.

berto

I Saw the Devil
isn't something I wanna waste my time on.
Seriously? How is that feedback? How does that help this person improve their work? It wasn't until people drilled you just now that you produced anything remotely relevant and you can't seem to let go of this 'rant' business. Not good enough. You don't like their opinions on DmC you tell them that, that you find their opinion bias not that their thing is a waste of time and try to pass it off as not insulting. That's not what you end it with, it's what you lead with.

Did you really just call me childish, after the clear lack of decorum or even basic understanding of how to politely talk to others you've shown here?

Then, please, let the other mods know that you are displeased with the service. If they deem that my actions and words are uncalled for, inappropriate or a misuse of my authority they will let me know and I will concede. Till then it stands.

That means clean it up in here. Enough bickering. @ShiningTempest That means you, too. I know you're trying to defend the author but just let it go. Let's just start clean from this point and drop everything before this.

@Kcritic I'm sorry but if the thread derails into some more of what's been going on I'm closing the thread. It's not fair to you but it's how it goes.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

How does that help this person improve their work?
You're creating unnecessary conflict by speaking for the person again.
I'm directly speaking to the author and if he decides to take my word as constructive criticism, then you butting in is pointless.

The thread will derail if you guys keep speaking for Kcritic.
Let him speak for himself.

Did you really just call me childish,
I totally did.

Accusing me of wanting to edit my posts to make them look appealing to you is the most childish thing I've seen you do for as long as I have been browsing this board.
And don't talk to me about "basic understanding".
Childish accusations are much worse than criticism.

Vergil95

I'm not gonna be all whiny and force someone to read the whole comic before they're "allowed" to give feedback.

Yeah you have right, if someone doesn't want to read it it's fine, but this persone cannot give a feedback or a review of a comic a movie ecc by only reading 5 pages of it or viewing 5 minutes of a movie, that's ridicolus... The only things they can say is that they don't like that kind of comics, but they can't give any feedback or review about it...

Example: How can someone have a conversation whit another person about a movie if he only watched 5 minutes of it while the other watched the whole movie? It's stupid XD
How can someone even say that something is bad or good when they didn't even know what the hell they are talking about?

Goldsickle

Yeah you have right, if someone doesn't want to read it it's fine, but this persone cannot give a feedback or a review of a comic a movie ecc by only reading 5 pages
They can, because that's how it works in the real world.

If you release your own entertainment media, anyone can totally give a review or feedback based on portions of what they watched or read.
This is especially if your work is up to be rated by anyone, such as the "Like/Dislike" system in YouTube.
Someone watching a movie can just walk out of the theater halfway if they think the show is boring and not worth watching the rest.
Nobody can force these people to watch the rest of the movie.

I should also remind you, online services like Steam, PSN & XBL also allows users to rate a game just by owning them (some only for digital purchases).
Someone can give a 1 star rating just by playing the first hour of a game.
Sometimes, the starting of a game can leave a bad impression on the player, resulting in them having enough.

Why?
Because this is just how the world works.
If any of you have problems with someone giving a negative review for a media they didn't fully experience, then you can go ahead and implement a law or system that verifies someone has finished watching a movie or playing a game before they can "rightfully" give feedback.
It's easier said than done.

Like it or not, this is the reality.
Go ahead and release your own entertainment media and force everyone to only give feedback after they finish experiencing it.
You'll accumulate a reputation of being an overly-defensive, whiny person quickly.

have a conversation whit another person
That's not what we're talking about at all.
We're not discussing about "knowing enough to have a conversation about it".
We're talking about how anyone can watch only a portion of a media and give a negative feedback about it, because everyone has the freedom to do so.

Kcritic

Seriously? How is that feedback? How does that help this person improve their work? It wasn't until people drilled you just now that you produced anything remotely relevant and you can't seem to let go of this 'rant' business. Not good enough. You don't like their opinions on DmC you tell them that, that you find their opinion bias not that their thing is a waste of time and try to pass it off as not insulting. That's not what you end it with, it's what you lead with.

Did you really just call me childish, after the clear lack of decorum or even basic understanding of how to politely talk to others you've shown here?

Then, please, let the other mods know that you are displeased with the service. If they deem that my actions and words are uncalled for, inappropriate or a misuse of my authority they will let me know and I will concede. Till then it stands.

That means clean it up in here. Enough bickering. @ShiningTempest That means you, too. I know you're trying to defend the author but just let it go. Let's just start clean from this point and drop everything before this.

@Kcritic I'm sorry but if the thread derails into some more of what's been going on I'm closing the thread. It's not fair to you but it's how it goes.
So going back to DMC5 review, if you had to pick out your favorite part and least favorite part of the review, what would it be?

Reactions: Meg
Top Bottom