• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5 Review

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
It's a decent detailed review on the game. I could have done without the pointless take that's to SW sequel trilogy or KH. Kingdom Hearts is more understandable given the convuluted mess that franchise is. It's not the best review of DMC5 I have seen nor the worst.

berto

I Saw the Devil
There are no personal insults in my post, so I am as polite as can be in my criticism.
You don't have to call people names or be directly insulting to be rude. I don't know a lot of people who consider the expression 'a waste of time' to be something neutral, not to mention the rest. There are more amicable ways to tell someone you don't like what they said. Pretend you are looking at them in the eye when you say it.

Goldsickle

You don't have to call people names or be directly insulting to be rude. I don't know a lot of people who consider the expression 'a waste of time' to be something neutral, not to mention the rest. There are more amicable ways to tell someone you don't like what they said. Pretend you are looking at them in the eye when you say it.
I have no problems telling someone "it's a waste of time" in the eye and have done it, in both English and Malay ("bazir masa sahaja").
And people have said the same to me.

I was thinking this is gonna be another of those things where people accuse me of something without explanation but at least you explained it.
But telling someone their 55 minute rant disguised as a "review" being a waste of time isn't something I'd consider "impolite".
I actually gave it a chance and watched, hoping it's an informative, unbiased review but the opening rant made me feel like watching the remaining 45 minute or so is going to be a waste of my time.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I should've kept an eye out for this thread. Enough of this. Also, @Goldsickle for the record, whatever the guy said at the beginning I got to the 25 minute mark and he's been doing nothing but gushing over the game. Not sure what he said that you consider a rant on it but I don't see it and it seems like a rather uncalled for response.
Also:
But telling someone their 55 minute rant disguised as a "review" being a waste of time isn't something I'd consider "impolite".
I don't know anyone who'd take kindly to having their work being called a waste of time as either polite or neutral, or just being told so in general. Try it. Walk up to a street performer and tell them that this is a waste of time, or just say that to the next person that asks you for directions. As you said, it's not as though it were impolite.

Goldsickle

I don't know anyone who'd take kindly to having their work being called a waste of time as either polite or neutral, or just being told so in general.
Why not let the so-called reviewer speak for himself?
At least confirm if he's actually offended or something?

You're wasting your time, trying to defend him, when he's totally forgotten about this board.
Seems like he only created an account purely to advertise his crappy "review" and run off.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Seems like he only created an account purely to advertise his crappy "review" and run off.

You have a point. The guy is obviously not coming back to talk. Like I said earlier, not the worse review of DMC5 I have seen, but something I am not going to waste my time on again.

Kcritic

You're wasting your time, trying to defend him, when he's totally forgotten about this board.
I don't appreciate it when you say my stuff is awful and yet you only watched 15 minutes out of the 55 minute video. Since I spent most of my time praising the game and only really having a few problems with playing V, it would be nice if you actually watch the video completely and not just watch 15 minutes and call it a day. By the way, not sure what rant you're talking about.

ShiningTempest

The part where he ranted.
I think you should be smart enough to know when someone starts ranting.
When DID HE RANT?
I think you should be smart enough to give a timeframe for a video you claimed to watch.

He came back.
It would look really funny if you end up doing what you accuse people of.

Last edited:

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y

I think you should be more respectful when talking to people in this forum, because you are not superior to anyone, every time you write a post in this forum it's look like you are referring to people and everything they wrote in a superficial way... It's not nice actually

You didn't even express a criticism in you post you simply watched 15 minutes of a video and say awful, crappy ecc

There is nothing constructive in what you sayd

It's fine to dislike something but at least say why you didn't like it in a more respectful way for the people who made the video... Instead of simply wrating two things whitout any constructive criticism

Last edited:
Top Bottom